MLS Cup Playoffs - December 5 - Philadelphia (Away)

By the way -- we played really well both games at Philly this year. First game was a 2-0 win when they were playing with 10 men most of the game, we outshot them 23-4 and SOG were 7-0. Took the 1-0 lead before playing against 10, then Taty put the game away on that rabona.

Second game was a 1-0 loss, but we outshot them 15-7, put only 2 SOG, and had 59% possession.

The home game was Decision Day when we played well despite going down to 10 in the first half.

Just like with New England, this doesn't feel like a terrible matchup for us. Seems like over the last few years we've played quite well against the Union. Last 11 meetings since 2017, we're 7-3-1 against them, and one of those losses was at MLS is Back. Allowed 1 goal or fewer in 9 of those 11 games, too.

I'm not necessarily saying I'm confident, but I am saying that I feel like our odds of winning this game are, at least, no worse than they were to beat the Revs.

By the way -- we played really well both games at Philly this year. First game was a 2-0 win when they were playing with 10 men most of the game, we outshot them 23-4 and SOG were 7-0. Took the 1-0 lead before playing against 10, then Taty put the game away on that rabona.

Second game was a 1-0 loss, but we outshot them 15-7, put only 2 SOG, and had 59% possession.

The home game was Decision Day when we played well despite going down to 10 in the first half.

Just like with New England, this doesn't feel like a terrible matchup for us. Seems like over the last few years we've played quite well against the Union. Last 11 meetings since 2017, we're 7-3-1 against them, and one of those losses was at MLS is Back. Allowed 1 goal or fewer in 9 of those 11 games, too.

I'm not necessarily saying I'm confident, but I am saying that I feel like our odds of winning this game are, at least, no worse than they were to beat the Revs.
If we can come back to tie Philly a man down, we can beat or tie Philly without Taty. That's the way I'm looking at it.

Really hard to predict what's going to happen without an update on Sands and Gray. If they can play, I really like our chances even without Taty. I think some combination of Talles/Heber/Thiago can perform against Philly.

If Sands can't play it presents a bigger problem. I think based on what we saw last night Rocha should start.

If Gray is out, I'd hate to see us all of a sudden go 3 ATB just because we're missing him. The 4-2-3-1 has been working for us lately and we need to stick with it.

Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos

Other roster considerations for that second game in Philly.
  • Keaton did not start and was subbed on at the 77', so we basically didn't have him that whole match.
  • Taty did start and this time we will be without him
  • Tinnerholm also started
  • Maxi was unavailable, so that will be a huge pickup. Especially with the way he's come on the last two months.
  • Sands also played 77 minutes. We'll see what his availability looks like.
  • Cacha started next to Sands and almost certainly won't be starting. But with the way Morales has been playing the last two months, that's probably an upgrade at the moment.

Really hard to predict what's going to happen without an update on Sands and Gray. If they can play, I really like our chances even without Taty. I think some combination of Talles/Heber/Thiago can perform against Philly.

If Sands can't play it presents a bigger problem. I think based on what we saw last night Rocha should start.

If Gray is out, I'd hate to see us all of a sudden go 3 ATB just because we're missing him. The 4-2-3-1 has been working for us lately and we need to stick with it.

Ronny and Tayvon both said it was cramps, so Gray should be fine on Sunday.

I feel like if RSL wins on saturday, it will give our boys that much more motivation (not that they need more) to bring the final to the bronx in front of our supporters.

omg i am getting so anxious already.

Reactions: Kjbert
I feel like if RSL wins on saturday, it will give our boys that much more motivation (not that they need more) to bring the final to the bronx in front of our supporters.

omg i am getting so anxious already.

Feels like it could be a nail-biter, especially with the way Philly likes to pack it in and just play for a 1-0 win off a lucky bounce. We have a far superior and more sophisticated attack even without Taty. I worry officiating will play a part as Philly will try to muck things up by being ultra physical. It would be amazing if we could get an early goal, I don't think Philly stands a chance against us if the game has to open up. The first goal will be tough though as Philly is good at what they do though even if it's like watching paint dry.

Reactions: moogoo
I miss out as well ....if it wasn't for this forum ( LionNYC LionNYC ) I wouldn't have know about the application for tixs
same. i missed out as well. any alternatives? should we sneak on the bus like if we are interns?
Third Rail is selling tickets on the bus even without a Third Rail match ticket. The front office will likely have bus(es) too.

As for tickets at this point...resale which are expensive

I'm really bothered at all the Philadelphia Union fans who are cheering that Taty is suspended.

If you want to be the best, beat the best at their best.

we'll be missing 3, potentially 4 (sands) of our best players for this game and if we win, they'll still find an excuse. my guess is refs were against them. but i agree. if you want to be the best, beat the best.

Team ticket lottery results are out and I missed out.
They should change the way they allocate tickets to a fairer method that results in me getting them.

did NYCFC even advertise that they were having a ticket lottery? Other than lion posting the form here, I never saw any mention of a ticket lottery. No email from the club (and I’m a founding member) and just a generic “we’ll contact you when we know more” form on the website.

Reactions: Kjbert
did NYCFC even advertise that they were having a ticket lottery? Other than lion posting the form here, I never saw any mention of a ticket lottery. No email from the club (and I’m a founding member) and just a generic “we’ll contact you when we know more” form on the website.

i didn't get anything either.