Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
FC Cincinnati vs. New York City FC
Saturday, March 23, 7:30 PM ET
TQL Stadium
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Looks like ilenic didn't get called up? Unless MLS is just bad at reporting. Jovan should be getting the start for this match?

1710775127220.png

Is there a u20 team playing too? Romero can’t crack it in our game day roster. Surely he’s not making the bench in El Salvador, right?

just a quick google seems like u-20 nations league isn't playing this window so this must be the senior squad?

Reactions: JCMore
Going to be some interesting lineup decisions. With no Parks are we getting RB Sands and a Haak/Perera midfield? Are we getting RB Jasson?

I also really hope we get our first Jovan start because if we don't and Cushing does one of his weird Santi at CF lineups I don't know what to think about Jovan's readiness.

Going to be some interesting lineup decisions. With no Parks are we getting RB Sands and a Haak/Perera midfield? Are we getting RB Jasson?

I also really hope we get our first Jovan start because if we don't and Cushing does one of his weird Santi at CF lineups I don't know what to think about Jovan's readiness.
Multiple folks are reporting that Jovan won’t be available and has or will be called up.

Is Cincinnatti missing anyone? (other than Brandon Vasquez ;))

Exactly. Show me who Cincinnati will be missing. For some reason it always seems to be NYCFC loses a ton of people and plays against teams with no one called up.

If Jovan is out then dust off those Santi False 9 plans from last year. We’ll always have that win against FC Dallas before it all fell apart.

For some reason it always seems to be NYCFC loses a ton of people and plays against teams with no one called up.
I remember when this used to happen all the time.
Then I remember when MLS changed things so teams had a choice between playing extra DGWs or playing through FIFA breaks and NYCFC always chose to avoid playing in breaks.
Then they threw that away for Leagues Cup so now teams have multiple DGS and also have to play in FIFA breaks.

it is what it is guys. so what if we're missing players. we're essentially missing a right back and a forward. and parks cause of a red card, which was happening anyway.

perea for parks who, let's face it, hasn't been performing all that well. a game off to refocus/recenter will do him good.
jasson or sands for illenic and we can go to a back 3 formation or stay in a back 4 with an elbow back.
no bakrar and no jovan seems like a great opportunity to see malachi jones. the kid's got the power of magic numbers behind him and he looked decent in preseason. i for one wouldn't be mad to see him get the start.

all in all, i don't think we are in such bad shape.

fcc is mising vasquez and boreal. two of their top attackers who were transferred or loaned. and robinson is out.

Santi as the striker. Ojeda and Fernandez as the wingers. Wolf as the 10. Sands-Perea defensive mids.

O'Toole, Risa, Martins, and either Strahinja or Jasson as RB.

We still have a good team even with these missing players.

Santi as the striker. Ojeda and Fernandez as the wingers. Wolf as the 10. Sands-Perea defensive mids.

O'Toole, Risa, Martins, and either Strahinja or Jasson as RB.
no bakrar and no jovan seems like a great opportunity to see malachi jones
I like these ideas. Please, leave Sands where he is. Strahinja or Jasson should be perfectly good alternatives at RB with no need to disrupt the midfield.

I like these ideas. Please, leave Sands where he is. Strahinja or Jasson should be perfectly good alternatives at RB with no need to disrupt the midfield.

I can't figure out what they base the information on but Transfermarket lists RB as an alternate position for Strahinja so hopefully, we can start him there and stick with our normal formation.

Given Cushing's tendency to always take the more defensive option, I bet that starting Jasson means we come out in a 5-back setup with O'Toole and Jasson as wingbacks and Haak or Strahinja in the RCB position. Us in a 5 back with our recent inability to break teams down combined with FC Cincinnati's park the bus and then counter style is going to be about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Reactions: Joe_Cos