Mls Stadium Thread

The city and club need to figure out how to engineer a serious expansion of that place. They could draw 40-50K each game if they had the seats.

The city and club need to figure out how to engineer a serious expansion of that place. They could draw 40-50K each game if they had the seats.
But at their current size they're the Craven Cottage of MLS. There's an intimacy that they probably like (and a loss in revenue they hate).

BUZZARD POINT NEWS & UPDATES

http://www.dcunited.com/club/futureunited

DCU_c0100_4k%20v02.jpg

DCU_c0300_4k%20v02.jpg

Bit of a letdown from its original proposal but any stadium is better than RFK.

I'm surprised they wouldn't slide it over a little bit to allow for bigger stands on the street side - if not from day one, at least leave open the possibility.

Does anyone know what the projected capacity is for the new DC stadium?

The stadium has to be built on ground level, they can't go underground deep because of something D.C. related. People on Reddit have been saying that the look of the stadium is getting shittier as new renderings are coming out.

I like it a lot! There's something intriguing about an Asymmetrical stadium built to accommodate the urban landscape. Best example is Newcastle's St. James Park.

Haha. I know what you mean. That said, St James' Park was opened in 1892. I think it's more accurate to say that the urban landscape was built to accommodate St James' Park ;) The surrounding residential streets have definitely restricted its development though.

Haha. I know what you mean. That said, St James' Park was opened in 1892. I think it's more accurate to say that the urban landscape was built to accommodate St James' Park ;) The surrounding residential streets have definitely restricted its development though.
So you're saying some genius planned to make two sides 3x larger than the other two sides?

st-james-park-aerial-view-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

The stadium has to be built on ground level, they can't go underground deep because of something D.C. related. People on Reddit have been saying that the look of the stadium is getting shittier as new renderings are coming out.
Probably has to do with the fact that the place is literally a swamp that was drained so digging too deep might cause structural problems down the line.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Probably has to do with the fact that the place is literally a swamp that was drained so digging too deep might cause structural problems down the line.

RFK was falling down now this new stadium may sink into the ground.

Thats because the renderings went from this

299471_heroa.jpg

to this

CAMERA-1---projector.0.0.0.jpg

then this

newdc_aug42015_3.jpg

and finally this

DCU_c0300_4k%20v02.jpg

I remember congratulating the dc fans on big soccer and hoping that the renderings posted when they announced
the stadium(the second one) would be the one they would actually build.

Unfortunately it appears DC have gone the cheap route but i guess thats understandable.

And then this...

upload_2016-1-21_15-40-34.png

Honestly I can't imagine an uglier stadium than RFK, so anything they get is a move in the right direction. At least they will have their own stadium. I'd take a damn field with some lawn chairs if it meant we had our own place...