Mls Stadium Thread

And then this...

View attachment 3837

Honestly I can't imagine an uglier stadium than RFK, so anything they get is a move in the right direction. At least they will have their own stadium. I'd take a damn field with some lawn chairs if it meant we had our own place...
RFK was comical when I went there last year. Obviously nobody is putting money into it, but it was a wretched place to watch a game.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I was in RFK about 35 years ago to catch a Cosmos v Diplomats match and it was a dump then.

I was in RFK about 35 years ago to catch a Cosmos v Diplomats match and it was a dump then.
Idk what's worse? The stadium or the name of the old DC team? Who the hell thought naming a team "The Diplomats" was a good idea?!

Thats because the renderings went from this

299471_heroa.jpg

to this

CAMERA-1---projector.0.0.0.jpg

then this

newdc_aug42015_3.jpg

and finally this

DCU_c0300_4k%20v02.jpg

I remember congratulating the dc fans on big soccer and hoping that the renderings posted when they announced
the stadium(the second one) would be the one they would actually build.

Unfortunately it appears DC have gone the cheap route but i guess thats understandable.
The last two look pretty similar. But damn, that second concept is beautiful.

With the announcement that Qataris have purchased controlling share of Beckham FC, the new stadium will be built by immigrant labor from the Asia region including Nepal resulting in the death of thousands of workers.

Reactions: BossNYC
Seattle put down new fieldturf.

Thank the flying spaghetti monster.

New%20FieldTurf%20-%20Stadium%20View.jpg

Last edited:
Seattle put down new fieldturf.

Thank the flying spaghetti monster.

New%20FieldTurf%20-%20Stadium%20View.jpg
Look at all of that wasted space behind the goal..... WTF - they should get fined for not making the field as large as possible.

I'm starting to get bitterly jealous of other teams' stadium plans and improvements. I guess it's good for the MLS to have shinny new stadiums, but without any news of ours, I kind of want them all the crumble at the moment.

Reactions: Ulrich
I want our stadium to have the crowd be as close as they are to the field like at WHL or Stamford Bridge. It makes the atmosphere a lot more intimate. They seem too far at the Etihad.

I think it's a good bet that whatever site we land, it's going to be cramped. Probably a medium sized field and stands with a steep grade.

I'm starting to get bitterly jealous of other teams' stadium plans and improvements. I guess it's good for the MLS to have shinny new stadiums, but without any news of ours, I kind of want them all the crumble at the moment.
Close your eyes then because, meanwhile, in Toronto....

roofbmo.png