MLS week 1 - 2017

MLS is a competitive league. From what I have seen in the last week, our strongest rivals in the East from last year (Toronto, Montreal, NJRB) haven't improved their rosters. A bunch of the weakest teams look to be much stronger this year (Houston, San Jose, Columbus, Chicago). We definitely have an improved starting 11. After one full day I am more optimistic about this season.

I would rather have the strongest teams in the West -- improves our chances for the Shield.

I hate for the West to have a stronger record, but all things considered yesterday was as good as we could have hoped for our Eastern opponents.
I always feel pulled the same way watching interconference games. One thing to note is that of the 4 E/W games yesterday, 3 were West home games and they only won one. The other game today is also West at home.

Reactions: Kjbert
No. But the Portland game was fun from Friday night.
Already watched it. Just tried LAGvDFC but as others noted those announcers suck. Guy is so desperate to make his goooooooal call he starts extending others word an time the ball is near the goal. Fuck Univision for imposing that shit on us. Turned it off, trying Houston Seattle.

MLS is a competitive league. From what I have seen in the last week, our strongest rivals in the East from last year (Toronto, Montreal, NJRB) haven't improved their rosters. A bunch of the weakest teams look to be much stronger this year (Houston, San Jose, Columbus, Chicago). We definitely have an improved starting 11. After one full day I am more optimistic about this season.

I would rather have the strongest teams in the West -- improves our chances for the Shield.

Montreal was ahead of us in some power rankings preseason. Okay, they were down a man for 20-25 minutes, but they were down 1-0 beforehand against San Jose which is predicted to be at the bottom again this year. Parity, sure, but question marks arise.

LA Dallas and Houston-Seattle were the only two real entertaining games for me yesterday. Nice to see Cubo do well. Jermaine Jones and the new Portuguese Sideshow Bob CDM that LA has look like they will be competing for the most cards this year.

Mod edit: No links to match streams in forum posts.

Last edited by a moderator: