MLS week 1 - 2017

Watching RB lose 1-0 for 75 minutes but then score the 2 goals we couldn't muster was the perfect way to make me even more grumpy about our game.
You didn't watch Marsch looking all smarmy and trying to power handshake Tata?

That Alfred Neumann looking little twerp. Literally, he is the twerpiest looking twerp I've ever seen. His face inspires such vitriol from me, yet it seems justified and righteous (the vitriol, not his face).

Reactions: Kjbert and BossNYC
You didn't watch Marsch looking all smarmy and trying to power handshake Tata?

That Alfred Neumann looking little twerp. Literally, he is the twerpiest looking twerp I've ever seen. His face inspires such vitriol from me, yet it seems justified and righteous (the vitriol, not his face).
Marsch is something alright... Yikes.

Hope we crush them this year.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...d-did-seba-dive-instant-replay?autoplay=false

Two Observations:

1. If the refs called the game the way Borg analyzes these incidents, then most game would end with a combined 14-18 field players and average scores of 5-3, with most goals coming on penalty kicks. Some players would miss 5-6 games a season due to red cards.

2. VAR will lead us in that direction, but only so far because everyone will recognize it is ridiculous. This will lead to wildly inconsistent VAR reviews where exactly similar fouls are treated in very different ways. No one will be satisfied and games will take longer, but every 10 games when some random wrong call is actually fixed, supporters of VAR will say, "I told you so."

Having Maxi when Josef Martinez was available will haunt us all year. He's gonna kill it here. And we got the wrong Atalanta guy...I'd take Carmona over Ring on our team in a heartbeat.

Having Maxi when Josef Martinez was available will haunt us all year. He's gonna kill it here. And we got the wrong Atalanta guy...I'd take Carmona over Ring on our team in a heartbeat.
Wouldn't this require a formation change? Or sliding Villa over to LW which he doesn't prefer?

Did we know that Josef wanted to come to NYC?

Wouldn't this require a formation change? Or sliding Villa over to LW which he doesn't prefer?

Did we know that Josef wanted to come to NYC?

Would it? I've seen Josef play CF quite a bit. Anyways..we don't really play in a true 4-3-3 throughout a game anyway. Having watched him and Maxi play about the same amount...he's definitely the more dynamic with greater upside. It's not even close. You're right though, maybe he wouldn't even want to play here.

Would it? I've seen Josef play CF quite a bit. Anyways..we don't really play in a true 4-3-3 throughout a game anyway. Having watched him and Maxi play about the same amount...he's definitely the more dynamic with greater upside. It's not even close. You're right though, maybe he wouldn't even want to play here.
True, but the amount of tracking back Maxi does, as well as coming back to collect the ball and then go forward, I'm not sure that would fit a true CF.

It sounds like Josef would be closer to what Lampard was at the CAM position for us last year, but I think that would allow our midfield to get run over and the link between defense and attack often wasn't there.

Reactions: Gotham Gator