MLS Week 11

The East is so bad, if we hadn't dropped points from winning positions we could have easily been 1st.

Reactions: Ulrich
The East/West differential is crazy right now.
To illustrate using tonight's match, we go into the game with a record (W-L-T) of 3-3-4 and 13 points which makes us 4th in the East. Portland is 3-5-3 with 11 points and they're *9th* in the West. We do have a game in hand over Portland.

It bears remembering, though, that this early in the season the MLS table is kind of useless garbage nonsense.

Thank you SKC for scoring all three goals in the game and only winning by one. Was a great game, but what I mostly cared about was keeping the points away from Orlando

Thank you SKC for scoring all three goals in the game and only winning by one. Was a great game, but what I mostly cared about was keeping the points away from Orlando
I remember saying to myself while watching that game prior to the first goal, that Orlando was probably going to somehow sneak away with a win though they were being dominated. Then the first goal happened and I thought for sure it was gonna happen.

Great to see SKC turn it around and keep the points away from Orlando, and holy hell is 34 shots a lot.

To illustrate using tonight's match, we go into the game with a record (W-L-T) of 3-3-4 and 13 points which makes us 4th in the East. Portland is 3-5-3 with 11 points and they're *9th* in the West. We do have a game in hand over Portland.

It bears remembering, though, that this early in the season the MLS table is kind of useless garbage nonsense.
The number of games played is really lopsided right now - 5 west teams have played 12/13 games whereas only one east team has played mor than 11. And the East has more ties so fewer points in play. Until there's a balanced schedule, comparing the East/West is like apples/grapes.

East West Points Analysis

Total West Points: 174 (115 games)
Total East Points: 125 (105 games)
Difference from Interconference Play: 27*
Difference from Ties: 7**
Difference from Extra Games: 15***

* - The West have obtained 64 points from interconference games this season and the East 37.
** - The West teams have 24 ties this season, and the East teams 38. Ties award one point less per game than games where a team wins, or 0.5 points per participant. The point difference from ties is therefore equal to one-half the difference in number of ties.
*** - This is the amount not attributable to interconference play and ties. It works out to 1.5 ppg, which seems a little high, but I can't work out what else it would be.

Don't know if anyone else watched it, but this was a crazy fun game. The two Gio goals were excellent and Kekutah was really good too.

It was a crazy game...and idc what anyone says...Gio is the best player in MLS. His touch is bonkers. Yet they lost.

It was a crazy game...and idc what anyone says...Gio is the best player in MLS. His touch is bonkers. Yet they lost.
I'm not sure who could argue with him being the best. That goal was insane. Toronto essentially played target man route 1 with a 5'4 striker and he actually made it work.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Paul