MLS Week 19

Gotham Gator

Registered
Donor
Feb 9, 2015
Bronxville, NY
Kicks off with six midweek games on Wednesday and continues with a full weekend slate, including a huge Eastern Conference matchup on Sunday afternoon.

Not watching the Seattle game (going to bed), but kind of wish I were. The Sounders are taking a season's worth of frustration out on league leaders. Dallas commits a handball in the box in the 4th minute that leads to a PK and a red card. By the 22nd minute, it's 3-0 Seattle.

That Dempsey red is a disgrace. That HAS to get overturned.

I read the ref actually gave the Dallas player a yellow for embellishment on the play. How do you reconcile those two?

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Same could be said for teams who watched our game against SKC. Just wasn't our/their day. They're also missing Kaka which makes a huge difference.
Maybe, though this is the fifth or sixth time I've watched them and never been impressed. Kaka does indeed make a huge difference, but he didn't play either of the matches against us either. Larin being out yesterday didn't help, but mostly I'm just whining because those were bad points to drop.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
That Dempsey red is a disgrace. That HAS to get overturned.

I read the ref actually gave the Dallas player a yellow for embellishment on the play. How do you reconcile those two?
Yellow was for the elbow to throat. Very soft red but Dempsey put hands to the face in retaliation while making no play on the ball. He put himself in a very bad situation. Doubt they overturn the red.

Not watching the Seattle game (going to bed), but kind of wish I were. The Sounders are taking a season's worth of frustration out on league leaders. Dallas commits a handball in the box in the 4th minute that leads to a PK and a red card. By the 22nd minute, it's 3-0 Seattle.
Dallas played a terrible lineup. They deserved the beat down they got.

Maybe, though this is the fifth or sixth time I've watched them and never been impressed. Kaka does indeed make a huge difference, but he didn't play either of the matches against us either. Larin being out yesterday didn't help, but mostly I'm just whining because those were bad points to drop.
Honestly, it's because we don't play with enough determination and grit every game - winning every 50/50. The only time we've done that vs a physical team, RB, we won 2-0 easy. But when we try to play the finesse Arsenal passing game and cry when we're fouled without a call, then our world turns upside down.

Orlando is the Mac-daddy of Hackfest teams and we let them abuse us. RB just dishes it back at them.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Top four teams in the East play against each other on Sunday. Points, PPG: NYCFC (1,2) - Montreal (4,3) and Red Bulls (3,4) - Philadelphia (2,1).

I'm guessing a Red Bull - Philadelphia draw is the best outcome for us.

Top four teams in the East play against each other on Sunday. Points, PPG: NYCFC (1,2) - Montreal (4,3) and Red Bulls (3,4) - Philadelphia (2,1).

I'm guessing a Red Bull - Philadelphia draw is the best outcome for us.
Yep, take a pt out of circulation.

Reactions: JayH
Rooting for a draw is the default position for other contending teams - that's what you do unless circumstances clearly dictate otherwise.

Reactions: joe