MLS Week 19

I very much agree with your interpretation. Thank you kind sir. I do find that to be a poor way of choosing the next slot because the west by the nature of the league will represent more than the east.
I disagree. While I would love to make CCL I think if one conference has more dominant teams then I like them sending more to CL. If we were on the UEFA model that's how it would work. I kind of like it like that.
I would be wary of assuming Wikipedia is right on this. They usually do a good job with this sort of thing, but there is no citation and -- as I discovered -- no public official rules to base it on. This is a somewhat contingent area of the rules that we could go 10 years without having to apply it. So I just wonder if the wiki editor was as careful in wording the entry as it needed to be. It could be right. I have no basis for expecting it to be wrong. I just think it's the type of thing a pretty good wiki encyclopedia might still get wrong.

Portland vs Seattle is quite exciting. Jordan Morris can't finish.
That is exactly what Brillant said a few weeks ago.

And at the same time, Saunders (delusionally) is thinking, it's because of me he can't finish.

Reactions: LionNYC and adam
That was awesome. Give up a 2 goal lead, then Philly goes down a man, but still ends 2 2.

Reactions: Ulrich
Well, the corrupt incompetent hacks at CONCACAF have a page for Champions League Regulations on their website. Let's see what it looks like:
View attachment 5330

So we have nothing to go on except Wikipedia, which says: " If a Canada-based team occupies any MLS-allocated berth, or any U.S-based team qualifies for the Champions League by more than one method, the Champions League place is allocated to the U.S.-based team with the best MLS regular season record which has failed to otherwise qualify."

To me that says that if the top team in the East is Canadian, then the US team with the next highest regular season point total in MLS -- regardless of conference -- gets the spot. That's also true for the top team in the West or MLS Cup Winner.
But now if that were to happen, and Dallas were to win the US Open Cup, and Colorado were to win the MLS Cup, we would get a spot. Dallas winning the US Open Cup would be nice.

But now if that were to happen, and Dallas were to win the US Open Cup, and Colorado were to win the MLS Cup, we would get a spot. Dallas winning the US Open Cup would be nice.
Yes. if one of the top point teams also wins either cup the spots go further down the point table.

The Union came back after a first half brace from Kljestan and it's tied at minute 77. Perfect result if it holds.
This was a crazy game. I watched the first 60 minutes last night late before going to sleep and then the last 30 minutes this morning on the treadmill, all without knowing what happened. It was literally like watching two entirely separate games.

Love that Marsch felt compelled to throw on an extra CB in place of BWP for the last 10 minutes even though they were up a man. Not saying it wasn't the right coaching move -- I just loved that he had to do it.

This was a crazy game. I watched the first 60 minutes last night late before going to sleep and then the last 30 minutes this morning on the treadmill, all without knowing what happened. It was literally like watching two entirely separate games.

Love that Marsch felt compelled to throw on an extra CB in place of BWP for the last 10 minutes even though they were up a man. Not saying it wasn't the right coaching move -- I just loved that he had to do it.
Union played 10x better even though they were down a man. RBNJ looked lost the final 15 minutes too.

Reactions: Ulrich

Yeah. read the game reports on the MLS site. He was not happy with his defense.

Yeah. read the game reports on the MLS site. He was not happy with his defense.
He's worried because his golden-hobbit Lade got totally owned by Harrison last game and Villa made his goon Collin look like a Hackman.

If we play with real intensity, like last time, it could get ugly for his defense really quickly.

CnqPeO-XgAEY0jm.jpg:large