New England Post Match

This game convinced me we should sign Sands as a backup DM. I know it was just preseason, but that Emelec team was not preseason and was playing with meaning. Sands fits our style of play better than Lopez and his ball control and linkup play would have been an improvement over what we saw last night. Some teams have Mids who might be crushing Sands physically, but NE isn't one of them. Sands can help us win games in 2017.
I've been presuming all along that we would sign him in a minute but the kid and his parents have been the ones putting it off.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but that field was an embarrassment yesterday. I've never seen so many players slip on the temporary sod. Someone is going to get seriously hurt at some point.

Yeah - not that it excuses the big donut hole we had in the midfield, but there were definitely some plays that might have gone in our favor if it weren't for the sudden Slip n' Slide bringing them down.

Reactions: Jon
Yeah - not that it excuses the big donut hole we had in the midfield, but there were definitely some plays that might have gone in our favor if it weren't for the sudden Slip n' Slide bringing them down.

The frustrating thing is that as a New Yorker, you expect to be the best, at everything. And then to sit there and watch them play on this god-awful field just pisses me off. Not to mention my dislike of the stupid smoke stacks, the eye-blinding signage everywhere, and the 2nd class status in the stadium.

I've been presuming all along that we would sign him in a minute but the kid and his parents have been the ones putting it off.

I agree, seeing lots of comments implying that signing Sands was a move the team passed on. Based on the comments during preseason seems much more likely the barrier to him joining is on his side.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The frustrating thing is that as a New Yorker, you expect to be the best, at everything. And then to sit there and watch them play on this god-awful field just pisses me off. Not to mention my dislike of the stupid smoke stacks, the eye-blinding signage everywhere, and the 2nd class status in the stadium.

You forgot the food, all YS related complaints should include at a minimum one mention of how terrible the food is.

I actually think they do a fairly good job of making it feel like it's NYCFC's home when we play. If you ever went to a Metrostars game at the old Giants stadium they literally did nothing to make it distinguishable that The Metrostars were the home team as opposed to it being a random match at the Giants home. Don't think the Revolution were much better back then (been years since I've been to Foxboro)

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Yankee Stadium has become the Times Square of sports arenas -- and to be clear, that's not intended as a compliment.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but that field was an embarrassment yesterday. I've never seen so many players slip on the temporary sod. Someone is going to get seriously hurt at some point.

It wasn't just the temporary sod, but all over the field. Lots of guys slipping, including Nguyen as he was dribbling toward the edge of the box on a very threatening run. I think they watered the field too much. It seemed quite soggy.

You forgot the food, all YS related complaints should include at a minimum one mention of how terrible the food is.

This can never be said enough times.

I got unreasonably drunk last night at the game, so maybe my thoughts are a bit skewed.

You can check my post history. I'm not a Tommy basher, I don't love him, but I don't kill him either. He is not a starter. I don't care what anyone else thinks. He is not only slow, but his reaction time is terrible. Sweat is not a starter either. He can't clear a ball for anything. Anyone who thinks he's good, has been fooled into thinking that because they have White, Allen to compare him too. He's junk.

Jack hardly touched the ball from the 20th minute on. He should be a primary target. Dude was open most of the night. Nobody could get him the ball.

Pirlo in, we win. Idc how slow he is. Also Ring and Herrera not there either exposed that we have no depth at midfield.

This is not Juventus. Anyone who thought that Viera was making the right decision to shut it down is nuts. We don't have a good enough defense. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. Should have attacked all fucking night.

Maxi and Chanot where the best players on the pitch again.

Interested to hear which other backup LBs and sixth choice MCs from around the league would have done a better job than Sweat and Lopez last night, for the same price.

I don't know how realistic it is for every position on the pitch to have a peerless backup, given the money we're spending on more expensive guys who are contributing nothing. If Villa doesn't miss that half-open goal after Wallace got taken out in the area then chances are we aren't having this extended freakout about backup players right now.

Last night pissed me off, but forgive me, I still think we look pretty good.

Anyone near me in 126 at the end of the match when the ushers pulled a SWAT Team maneuver on one of those makeshift little suites? 6 punk ass kids who couldn't hold their liquor started shit