New Swag

There are some long sleeve versions of the new training too plastered all over players’ Instagram accounts. Kind of looks like a hospital scrub top to me tbh

Danger, you nailed it. That is the first thing I thought when I saw them - hospital scrubs, LOL!

These actually have to be the WORST practice uniforms I've ever seen, and look so incredibly uncomfortable. They look they were purchased out of the bargain bin. Nike Designers help please! Adidas you totally blew it, again.

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 2.19.11 PM.png

Check out the new goalkeepers Brad Stuver's face, he's like really :confused: Dr. Ben?
DUQVbrDU8AAG-Y3.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of looks like a hospital scrub top to me tbh

Paging Dr. Villa, paging Dr. Villa.

2017-Mens-custom-Tops-880-x-1096__79447.1506970894.440.550.jpg.

Dickies Medical Scrubs, now what does this remind you of :eek:? LOL.
Jeez, MLS and there Adidas partnership and NYCFC as a club NEEDS to do way better, it's actually it is quite pathetic. Our team deserves better than this, and so do we as fans and consumers!!! We are in one of the fashion capitals in the world, what the hell :mad:...
dickies-medical-816107-cncz-cd_01.jpgimages.jpegs-l500.jpg

New York City FC Concepts Sport Navy Scrub Top $29.99
http://www.mlsstore.com/New_York_City_FC_Men/New_York_City_FC_Concepts_Sport_Navy_Scrub_Top

Yes, this actually exists. I guess this was Adidas inspiration for the 2018 NYCFC Training Top. Maybe they got it mixed up in China? If you like the color Navy and you work in the ER and want to represent, why not.

thumb-1.aspx.jpeg

Last edited:
I was hoping adidas would do something different than the training stuff that was released a few weeks ago for the World Cup teams, but my hopes were dashed. Obviously training gear isn't meant to be flashy, but this is just shitty design, especially for one of the bigger teams in MLS. I hate that US sport leagues sign up for one clothing manufacturer, destroys any competition for designs. Just a copy and paste on a few different color shirts, or in the case of wind breakers and coats, just black. Hooray.

What's the point of the stitching across the stomach?*

Hoping the sweaters or something will be done well enough for me to purchase one. I love the monochrome crest, but the rest is lacking.

*Also, the stitching across the stomach has some "purpose" (Did some research on Germany training gear):
50148-001.jpg
50154-001.jpg

To add an additional shade or color.... yay.

If you want to see the template of what some training stuff may look like, click here.

If NY Presbyterian did not renew their sponsorship of the training outfits, this is a major lost opportunity.

It was similar last year that NY Presbyterian logo wasn't on the training jersey until a few months into the season.

I was hoping adidas would do something different than the training stuff that was released a few weeks ago for the World Cup teams, but my hopes were dashed. Obviously training gear isn't meant to be flashy, but this is just shitty design, especially for one of the bigger teams in MLS. I hate that US sport leagues sign up for one clothing manufacturer, destroys any competition for designs. Just a copy and paste on a few different color shirts, or in the case of wind breakers and coats, just black. Hooray.

Hoping the sweaters or something will be done well enough for me to purchase one. I love the monochrome crest, but the rest is lacking.

*Also, the stitching across the stomach has some "purpose" (Did some research on Germany training gear):
50148-001.jpg
50154-001.jpg

I found this, at least it is an old school Adidas Black Tracksuit Top, wish it just had a monochromatic colored crest or just the NYC monogram logo.

Adidas, NYCFC and MLS is not getting my money unless they produce quality product. I vote with my dollar :moneywings:!

DUJYoSEUQAAwUz7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Schwallacus
I found this, at least it is an old school Adidas Black Tracksuit Top, wish it just had a monochromatic colored crest or just the NYC monogram logo.

Adidas, NYCFC and MLS is not getting my money unless they produce quality product. I vote with my dollar :moneywings:!

View attachment 7929

Just don't start shitting on all the scarves, or we're going to have a problem.

These were last years 2017 Adidas Anthem Squad Hoodie of quality. Why they were in a Ultra Light Gray for all the teams is beyond me, but it kinda looked a little Beige on TV. Why were they NOT available to purchase? This I would bye if it was in team colors or Black/Darker Gray. Price $90.00

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 3.15.01 PM copy.png

197B21B4-82E2-4763-9551-E7D8AAE770FC.jpeg

January 2018, Ben Sweat in Abu Dhabi.
Ben Sweat at Grand Mosque copy.JPG

Last edited:

What's the point of the stitching across the stomach?*

50148-001.jpg
50154-001.jpg

To add an additional shade or color.... yay.

If you want to see the template of what some training stuff may look like, click here.
The fabric has a lot of stretch, and the seam doesn't stretch, so it adds a bit of structure to the garment by reducing horizontal stretch and allowing the top panel to stretch vertically without the bottom panel stretching and vice versa. The reason that that is around the natural waist is probably to isolate stretch between lower body and upper body, which kinda makes sense.

RE: monolithic sponsorship - this is probably a parity thing (preventing popular teams from making way more money than less popular teams). In my ideal world, teams would choose predominant colors and players would just have to wear those colors but could wear any style or brand they wanted. To improve competition. Even if a brand sponsors one club, they have a monopoly on all official merchandise, which means they can just put really shitty stuff out and we feel like we have to buy it.

I think most of the performance characteristics behind synthetic sportswear aside from durability are a scam. Seems like it's mostly about lowering costs and making exorbitant margins. Most natural fibres seem to transfer moisture from the skin and breathe much better than synthetic fibres, and have much better skin feel and lower environmental impact.

Reactions: Schwallacus
These were last years 2017 Adidas team hoodies of quality. Why they were in a Light Gray/Beige for all the teams is beyond me. Why were they NOT available to purchase? This I would bye if it was in team colors or Black/Heather Gray.

View attachment 7930

January 2018, Ben Sweat in Abu Dhabi.
View attachment 7931

They were offered in white in 2016 and I bought one. I agree I don't like the grey. Black would be nice. I think they come out in that color or maybe navy blue this year.

I hate that US sport leagues sign up for one clothing manufacturer, destroys any competition for designs. Just a copy and paste on a few different color shirts, or in the case of wind breakers and coats, just black. Hooray.

A well-designed Adidas quality tech fleece half-zip pullover top. A cool looking top that the Mrs. could wear around town, go to work in, exercise or all the above and not look like a sports tool, but you're still representing in a much more subtle way. The NYCFC crest is nice and small. Why don't they make this for guys as well?

Women's New York City FC adidas Gray climalite Half-Zip Pullover Jacket $69.99

http://www.mlsstore.com/New_York_Ci...didas_Gray_climalite_Half-Zip_Pullover_Jacket

thumb.aspx.jpeg

Last edited: