New Swag

I think the Jews for Jesus (Medina) idea is clever. There might not be a huge market for it but it’s not like you have to pay upfront capital costs, so why not put it out there.
I don’t get the back, however, and don’t see what the text has to do with Jews, or Jesus (either one), or Jews for Jesus, or NYCFC. Is there a reference I’m not getting? Also why the period inside 20.18?
ETA: Forgot to use the reply function so I’ll just tag Jon Jon
Yeah. Maybe instead of (MEDINA) all akimbo like that, just have a picture of him. Or an outline. Or number 19 MEDINA on the back.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I think the Jews for Jesus (Medina) idea is clever. There might not be a huge market for it but it’s not like you have to pay upfront capital costs, so why not put it out there.
I don’t get the back, however, and don’t see what the text has to do with Jews, or Jesus (either one), or Jews for Jesus, or NYCFC. Is there a reference I’m not getting? Also why the period inside 20.18?
ETA: Forgot to use the reply function so I’ll just tag Jon Jon

It's a play off of a Bible verse. I was trying to think of something. The "City 20.18" was supposed to be like a John 3.16 thing. Maybe the back needs work.

It's a play off of a Bible verse. I was trying to think of something. The "City 20.18" was supposed to be like a John 3.16 thing. Maybe the back needs work.
I kind of half-guessed at that, but it is a bit obscure/indirect. Maybe a closer play on an actual well known verse, and instead of City, something like "Book of David [Villa]." But that's a long way round the block for a joke, too.
Oh, and the Bible verse notation of chapter and verse is usually done with a colon, not a period. John 3:16, Psalms 13:4. Good luck.

Good idea for a shirt
Just a suggestion you could simplify it by doing Jews for Jesús and then throw Medina 19 on the back. Or if you want the theme front and back something like “Midfield Messiah” on the back (although he probably needs a few more miracles before it’s justified)

Only a small segment of the city (NYCFC) will know what you’re referring to (and even some of them won’t), while the rest of the city will associate it with a fringe religious group that isn’t affiliated with or recognized by the mainstream Jewish faith (reform, conservative, orthodox, etc).
I only know them because my Aunt is one. Coming from an orthadox family it makes family reunions extra fun.

damn it, another hat i'll have to buy lol

https://www.fanatics.com/mls/new-yo...-2499+t-81907998+p-47550293987+z-9-1275007639

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

I've fucking had it with all the snap-backs - give me fitted or lick my jungle bridge

Everybody but New Era has backed off the fitted game and they don’t have an MLS license. Mitchell & Ness used to do fitteds but Adidas has fazed that out. Think you pretty much have to take a blank hat and a patch to a tailor at this point.

Reactions: Christopher Jee