New Swag

49AA7427-3A63-4D12-BD57-2EA0BE062175.jpeg

This shirt really brings to mind the color scheme on the backup squad from the music video for “Mickey” for me for some reason. And of course that got in my head. Replace Mickey with City and you’ve got the makings of a great chant

Reactions: mgarbowski
View attachment 8824

This shirt really brings to mind the color scheme on the backup squad from the music video for “Mickey” for me for some reason. And of course that got in my head. Replace Mickey with City and you’ve got the makings of a great chant

Oh City, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. Hey City! Hey City!

Jeez, we're getting into Pitch Perfect territory.

Reactions: LeeNYCFC
We're either getting thirds or keeper shirts!

Soccer United Fan Council:

Jersey Study - In contrast to other US sports leagues, MLS fans are much more likely to own multiple jerseys of their favorite MLS club. Given the importance of jerseys to fans, we are now exploring ways to offer fans more jersey options, as well as increase the availability of where fans can purchase jerseys.

We're either getting thirds or keeper shirts!

Soccer United Fan Council:

Jersey Study - In contrast to other US sports leagues, MLS fans are much more likely to own multiple jerseys of their favorite MLS club. Given the importance of jerseys to fans, we are now exploring ways to offer fans more jersey options, as well as increase the availability of where fans can purchase jerseys.
Please thirds, and original ones, since so many teams have similar color schemes.

Has YS always charged more for merchandise than the online retailers or Adidas/Modells??? The long sleeve jersey was priced at $159 (typically $150) so the oh-so generous 10% STH discount is basically nullified by a sleight of hand move with the price tag. After tax, it’s about a 2% savings.

Since day one. Never shop there.
Thanks.

Fckers- it’s like the foreign country restaurant menu for tourists. You have no idea you’re getting swindled because it all looks legit - who would suspect the 10% savings was a sham if you haven’t price-checked everything with another retailer?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Not NYCFC-related, but the Adidas store on Fifth is (not surprisingly) marking down the World Cup gear. T-shirts (including the team/country specific shirts) are marked down over 50% from around $35 to $15, and the kits are down to $63 (from $90 and more). This is just based upon what I looked at, can't promise it's across the board, and some deals may be more or less. For the kits, the name/number sets look really great in person with the flashy colors and the block-shaped numbers.

https://www.mlsstore.com/new-york-c...hirt/t-25016887+p-5867326359109+z-9-902695048
thumb.aspx

Not NYCFC-related, but the Adidas store on Fifth is (not surprisingly) marking down the World Cup gear. T-shirts (including the team/country specific shirts) are marked down over 50% from around $35 to $15, and the kits are down to $63 (from $90 and more). This is just based upon what I looked at, can't promise it's across the board, and some deals may be more or less. For the kits, the name/number sets look really great in person with the flashy colors and the block-shaped numbers.
Just to piggyback here; tons of soccer shops are selling world cup jerseys on clearance. SoccerLoco and Todofut have great deals.

Reactions: JayH
I'm just wondering how a Lexington Line scarf (4) would be different than the B D line scarf?

Oh. My. God.

giphy.gif

And to answer your question, the B/D were built during the Independent System Era in the early 30s so they have a different aesthetic, and that’s aside from, as another example, the Squier Vickers work on the Dual Contracts lines (now predominantly the NQRW in Manhattan and the old BMT lines in Brooklyn) and oh dear lord they’re going to suck me dry if this goes in that direction

View attachment 8885

Looks like it’s meant to mimic this except that sign is from the 1 not the 4/5/6

Yep, this is the design you see in the stations on the original 1904 line (for those who may not know, that was the 6 from City Hall to Grand Central, then it took what's now the 42nd Street Shuttle line to Times Square, and from there turned north and ran on the 1 to 145th). See for instance:

img_109049.jpg

img_149658.jpg

img_58296.jpg

(Wall Street wasn't technically part of the original 1904 line, but the same architectural firm that did the original line was at work on the first expansion stations so they have the same motif)

Check out nycsubway.org for all your urban mass transit nerd needs!