Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 26, 2014
NYC
twitter.com
Via @CoreyClayton on Twitter
CII7RTvWUAAh57r.png:large

Where was this posted?

With the exception of the references to specific events, this lines up more or less exactly with what he said on Blue City Radio a couple weeks back.

Last edited:
Yes. The items that we are banned from having inside the supporters section is ridiculous. Not being allowed to bring smoke bombs is not one of them.

And as we continue to defy and bring them in, this makes the whole section look bad, and definitely does not help our case when we cry and complain that Securitas is being too harsh.

Where was this posted?

With he exception of the references to specific events, this lines up more or less exactly with what he said on Blue City Radio a couple weeks back.
I got it off twitter but it looks like it was posted on FB. Since I avoid FB maybe someone else can verify. But it has to be recent, since they talk about the aftermath of last week's Cosmos game.

I like the idea of smoke, but not that anyone can use it at anytime. If YS is willing to set some smoke off after goals in a controlled setting I would be all for that. Just randomly throwing/setting off smoke was not going to be allowed indefinitely.

Where was this posted?

With he exception of the references to specific events, this lines up more or less exactly with what he said on Blue City Radio a couple weeks back.

It was posted in the Third Rail Facebook group.

Reactions: Lasker
I can see calling on TR members to snitch on other fans/groups/sg's turning into a disaster for them. Or it will completely work to their advantage to discredit any other group trying to step up in all the ways TR fails.

Reactions: TommyM
I'm fine with no smokes at home games but I really like having it at away games. Having controlled smoke sounds so lame but I hope we do get flag poles.

The Hearts of Oak board has been communicating/negotiating a lot with the FO a lot in the last couple of weeks. HoO basically promised that there would be no more smoke in 238 and the FO promised to tone down the security presence.

After a couple of weeks, it actually worked. The Montreal game was night and day compared to the previous home game. There was pretty much one security person in 238, we were able to hold up our Saunders banner and were able to actually enjoy the game instead of arguing with security personnel.

Fact is, smoke will NEVER be permitted in the stands. If we make some concessions, we can eventually get flags and megaphones. Seems like and easy and obvious decision to me. Setting off smoke in the bleachers is going to ruin any progress made with the FO/security.

The Hearts of Oak board has been communicating/negotiating a lot with the FO a lot in the last couple of weeks. HoO basically promised that there would be no more smoke in 238 and the FO promised to tone down the security presence.

After a couple of weeks, it actually worked. The Montreal game was night and day compared to the previous home game. There was pretty much one security person in 238, we were able to hold up our Saunders banner and were able to actually enjoy the game instead of arguing with security personnel.

Fact is, smoke will NEVER be permitted in the stands. If we make some concessions, we can eventually get flags and megaphones. Seems like and easy and obvious decision to me. Setting off smoke in the bleachers is going to ruin any progress made with the FO/security.

i was surprised to hear of all the 'progress' with security. it must be just poor timing -- i literally walked into 238 as uniformed nypd were popping balloons. the no fun police :/

Regardless of anyone's opinion on smoke bombs, is letting other fans take megaphones to the games really supposed to be an incentive for us to behave ourselves? I would rather the bleachers look like Apocalypse Now than have some ultra wannabe who's not even watching the game blaring at me that it's almost time to sing Hey Baby on cue at the 21st, 48th and 75th minutes.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on smoke bombs, is letting other fans take megaphones to the games really supposed to be an incentive for us to behave ourselves? I would rather the bleachers look like Apocalypse Now than have some ultra wannabe who's not even watching the game blaring at me that it's almost time to sing Hey Baby on cue at the 21st, 48th and 75th minutes.

It's not about what the supporters want, it's about what the stadium, league and team wants. That's it, nothing more to debate. They specifically don't want it to look like "Apocalypse Now". They'll get what they want.

meh i think its lame if its controlled, i think i saw this vs the red bulls at RBA it felt lame.

Still, like many have said i thought it was already banned, so i dont see why this feels like news.

What about away fans punishment, I damn well saw montral fans pop a smoke bomb during the game, though i did see bunch of security come out afterwards and they fans kept moving up and down the section, dont know for what.