No More Smoke At Ys

It's important to remember that we are a guest in Yankee Stadium and that we should act accordingly.

Many of the same rules that are in place at YS will also be in place when we eventually get our own stadium.

We are based in NYC, and with that, there are certain concerns, namely terrorist related, that makes smoke bombs a bad idea.

what federal law did they slap them with?

great response, by the way

Thanks LostAnvil LostAnvil. I might have made a typo, I meant felony, not federal law. But it was in Article 240 of the penal law (offenses against public order) related to false bomb making. Yes, you read that right. If you read the statute (PL 240.61), you can see how absurd it becomes

Thanks LostAnvil LostAnvil. I might have made a typo, I meant felony, not federal law. But it was in Article 240 of the penal law (offenses against public order) related to false bomb making. Yes, you read that right. If you read the statute (PL 240.61), you can see how absurd it becomes
nope, you said felony - I thought a felony was a federal crime - I've clearly exhausted my limited knowledge of the law

For reference, here's PL 240.61:
A person is guilty of placing a false bomb or hazardous substance in the second degree when he or she places, or causes to be placed, any device or object that by its design, construction, content or characteristics appears to be or to contain, a bomb, destructive device, explosive or hazardous substance, but is, in fact, an inoperative facsimile or imitation of such a bomb, destructive device, explosive or hazardous substance and which he or she knows, intends or reasonably believes will appear to be a bomb, destructive device, explosive or hazardous substance under circumstances in which it is likely to cause public alarm or inconvenience. Placing a false bomb or hazardous substance in the second degree is a class E felony. - See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/PEN/THREE/N/240/240.61#sthash.0Oy8HkwU.dpuf

that seems extreme, but can still be interpreted as applying to smoke grenades - between these laws, the stadium and league rules, no one should be surprised by the repercussions

and personally, I don't think it's worth it

I get that it's YS rules, and I personally don't think it's worth it to even risk my season pass, let alone other repercussions. That said, I don't understand why it is not dealt with by YS/NYCFC/supporter's groups internally, rather than becoming a police matter

I get that it's YS rules, and I personally don't think it's worth it to even risk my season pass, let alone other repercussions. That said, I don't understand why it is not dealt with by YS/NYCFC/supporter's groups internally, rather than becoming a police matter

You won't just lose your season pass, they'll make you support the Red Bulls.

Great post danger danger. When I heard the episode I was arguing with myself whether smoke qualified as offensive, noxious, or suffocating. Hadn't even started parsing the rest of it.

nope, you said felony - I thought a felony was a federal crime - I've clearly exhausted my limited knowledge of the law

both state and federal laws can be felonies. the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor is that a felony is a crime punishable by imprisonment of longer than one year, whereas a misdemeanor is a crime punishable by imprisonment of one year or less. the crimes you typically think of as crimes you would see on the street (or law and order!) are likely all state law crimes (murder, robbery, assault, rape, breaking and entering, drug dealing). federal crimes are those involving a crime that involved more than one state (i.e. drug trafficking across state or national borders is likely a federal crime), federal property, or violating the laws related to a government agency or an explicitly federal law like RICO (tax evasion, US sanctions, etc)

enjoy the summary you rly didn't ask for!

We all for from fact that there will be smoke on sundays game...

Well if you look at the NYCFC Hooligans page on IG you can clearly see how ridiculous they were acting but to also ban smoke permanently is lame as fuck. No derby or match in general is complete without flagpoles and SOME smoke haha

Reactions: leilanikali420
Some of you people really have no concept of safety and post 9/11 America.

are-you-fucking-kidding-me-face.png

If you were to say that people were being injured left and right by these then ok fine but seriously bro? Have you ever been to a European game?

If you were to say that people were being injured left and right by these then ok fine but seriously bro? Have you ever been to a European game?

No, BRO. I haven't been to a European game. This is America. Not some second rate country.

If you can't understand why a pyrotechnic device in a crowd is a poor idea, then you are clueless.

Second rate country? Lol please enlighten me how England, Germany, etc are second rate countries. You seriously should respond with more intelligence before answering something. That's a typical ignorant statement by saying "American is not like a second rate country" yet we don't top the list in anything in the world except maybe obesity and stupidity from a government.

Second rate country? Lol please enlighten me how England, Germany, etc are second rate countries. You seriously should respond with more intelligence before answering something. That's a typical ignorant statement by saying "American is not like a second rate country" yet we don't top the list in anything in the world except maybe obesity and stupidity from a government.

back_to_back_world_war_champs_us_flag_eagle_hoodie.jpg

You're welcome.

No, BRO. I haven't been to a European game. This is America. Not some second rate country.

If you can't understand why a pyrotechnic device in a crowd is a poor idea, then you are clueless.

Bingo.

As I said earlier in this thread, not only are we a guest in YS, we also must deal with concerns that most other teams don't.

Some people have the luxury of denying it but NYC is, and will be for the considerable future, a terrorist target.

And with that being the case, we must take precautions that may seem foolish to others.

Wow awesome answer dude, you really show the meaning of ignorance.

Stop being so butt hurt about this. We all love the smoke. I'm an Everton Supporter, through and through. There is something special about how my Toffee fans are able to smuggle in blue smoke to away games, especially at the Man U game two seasons ago.

But I'm guessing you're probably 19 years old and have experienced very little in life. You just can't allow a bunch of dopes in an SG to play with these smoke cannisters.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Gene
I'm not disagreeing with pyrotechnics in general but it also doesn't hurt to let off smoke in a controlled environment. Just because groups like The Third Rail are trying to become the bad boys of the west they should be dealt with separately not ruin it for everyone else.

This probably
are-you-fucking-kidding-me-face.png

You speak of others being ignorant but you were first to respond with a stupid
" are you fucking kidding me" cartoon.

Reactions: Kjbert