NYCFC In The Media Thread - 2016

Vieira won't suspend him for this because that would imply they he doesn't support Frank all the way. That would be a bad look. But then again, if he "suspended" him, they could just pass it off as BAJ is not 100% yet.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Glenn Crooks does about as devastating a takedown as one can do on Ethan White - calling him out for fundamental errors in his defensive positioning. This confirms what a lot of people have been saying on the forums, and provides a detailed, knowledgeable analysis as to why White isn't cutting it.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/crook...c-defending-an-achilles-heel-for-nycfc-48964/
If anyone hasn't listed to the Soccer In The City podcast I HIGHLY recommend it. They do a great job breaking down the game.

Thanks for this. As someone who has recently got into listening to podcasts on my work commutes and finishing a few other ones, I've needed some new, good content. Subscribing now.
I agree re Soccer in the City. Very substantive analysis and it is much more objective and critical than I would have expected given that they are the official radio guys. Crooks absolutely savaged Ethan White this week.

Podcasts are what saves me from loathing the nearly 15 hours of commuting per week. Lots of good stuff out there.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Stickers..... so glad Kosmos fans like stickers.... I mean, who walks around with them on a daily basis, or even a yearly basis, or since they were 10?

That's what I was thinking. What's worse though...premeditated (got stickers and set out to put them on NYCFC advertising) or just so happened to be walking around with stickers.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Glenn Crooks does about as devastating a takedown as one can do on Ethan White - calling him out for fundamental errors in his defensive positioning. This confirms what a lot of people have been saying on the forums, and provides a detailed, knowledgeable analysis as to why White isn't cutting it.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/crook...c-defending-an-achilles-heel-for-nycfc-48964/

Nice, I agree White is about as useful as I would be on the field, but not sure I agree with Glenn on the Toronto goal. Seems like he was (very lazily) springing an offsides trap that should've been called as such. He makes no effort to even know if he needs to recover from there though.

I know we've had a debate before about a women's soccer team in NYC...here's an article about CFG and a possible NWSL team.

Link

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I have no issue with women's soccer. I don't like women's sports in general - but I have watched NWSL games in the past. And I would attend games with my son if it was convenient.

i just skimmed the article...but where would they play? surely not yankee stadium

Reactions: Kjbert