NYCFC In The Media Thread - 2016

Last edited:
I love the theme in this video. Our city can certainly be chaotic at times, yet there is always a way to find your way through it. There is a multitude of paths (along these lines) that takes us through a city that encompasses the world. Yet, how ironic, that we live in such a "world" city, but did not have the world's game... until now, a line directly to NYCFC. They nailed it with this video.

Yep. I was thinking the exact same thing. This video. The subway/bus ads around the city. The placement of style articles in Vogue and Page Six. I could go on and on. The strategy is to tightly ingrain this club in the community, and they are executing very well right now.
There's also a huge electronic board they are using for ads across from MSG/Penn Station on 7th avenue.

Reactions: Kjbert
they could of done the same but never trully did. they never did marketing campaigns like nycfc have been doing.

Of course they did. Their goal was just different. Our brand is a soccer group (all of the clubs). Their brand is a drink. Different purposes.

Reactions: Paul and SoupInNYC
Yeah, I take the 1/2/3 and 4/5 and have not noticed any.

for the 1/2/3 i have only seen them in stations ( there were a couple on the local 79th street station and i think 59th once i saw it.) . the actual train i may have seen a few early in season not now

Reactions: Kjbert and Taurus
Never seen one inside the 4/5/6, but certainly have in stations within Manhattan. Can't really recall any in the Bronx, though maybe at the Stadium stop?

You don't put up a billboard to tell people about your other billboard.

I don't think that's entirely a fair example. Billboards cost money. Advertising costs money. The RedBull strategy is to have a soccer team as a marketing ploy. If the soccer team breaks even every year, then it's free advertising for them.

Reactions: sbrylski
Found this article randomly (I'm really work procrastinating hard this Monday):

http://nycitylens.com/2016/09/soccer-club-having-mixed-impact-on-local-bars/

But restaurant and bar owners like Rendino are curious to find out if the soccer club’s potential first playoff appearance in franchise history can be as beneficial to business as the Yankees’ postseason appearances have been over the years.

Stan’s Tavern is one of two dozen bars throughout the city that is an official pub partner of NYCFC. Rendino said that they do it to support the club, and it’s really helping business out.

“With NYCFC, we’re open 15 extra days during the season now”, said Rendino. “That’s a 12 percent increase in business for us. We’re starting to see a lot of the same faces so we’re really building up a new audience.”

A testimonial for new stadium meetings! :beercheers: