Nycfc Just Doesn't Get Us...

or at least the person running the Twitter account doesn't. This was tweeted from the NYCFC:

https://twitter.com/NYCFC/status/550707742458253312

I can't believe they tweeted that. They're so out of touch. How can they not understand the PR problem they've created with Lampard, and they go ahead and post that? This is concerning.
That tweet is beyond parody. It's almost like NYCF management is trolling its own fans. the level of cluelessness is astounding.

I should have added "fire the club Twitter handler"

I agree with everything you said with the exception of the bit about Pellegrini. He is not the public mouth piece for CFG. H e is the manager of MCFC and when questioned by reporters he is obliged to answer those questions. You sign up to that in the EPL.
Now I think it's pretty shitty that one of the two "stars" isn't going to be available for the start of your season but this is football and crap happens.......a lot. Players being told they can't talk to another club and then said player turning up at another clubs ground trying to force the sale through only to be turned away and having to return to his current club with his tale between his legs. ( Odemwingie).
Players handing in transfer requests even though they are adored by the fans. Players being sold to rival clubs despite fans protestations and players being loaned out when you the fan don't want them to be. That's all part of football and football life.
MCFC has in the past had a rival manager pick up from the airport our transfer target literally a couple of hours before he was to sign for us. We've also had by the same manager him calling around one of our young prodigies houses and getting him to sign himself over to his club. Following a football club is all about ups and downs, highs and lows, celebrations and disappointments. What we don't do as fans is go over board. We have a little moan, perhaps a sulk and then we get on with what is singularly the most important thing and that's support our beloved club.
The reaction to this loan deal is totally disproportionate. The language being use is the sort I would expect if NYCFC been relegated down a couple of divisions in as many years. I understand you guys have been getting stick about becoming a feeder club to MCFC and right now it seeming like the boo boys were telling the truth. ALL A COMPLETE LOAD OF BULL. CFG and it's club MCFC have absolutely NO intention of using you as a feeder club. This one player has proven himself to be more useful than first thought and has been needed to cover our injury problems along with a player becoming absent for the next 6 weeks. He WILL return to you after this loan deal is complete. We could've just bought the guy outright but didn't because we want NYCFC to have good players. I dare say your club will benefit greatly from our extensive player scouting system, and our willingness to loan you some our youngsters ( who will become world class). And when the likes of Yaya and co turn up on your doorstep I wonder where the detractors will be then.
I like a lot of MCFC fans want really really want NYCFC to be a successful club. Ignore the sad bastards that refer to you as a feeder club or name you as in some way inferior because you are NOT. You are part of the CFG family that includes MCFC and I/we wish you a tremendous future of which I am sure you will have.
Sure it'll be like a ride on a helter skelter and that's the way it should be. God I've been a fan of MCFC since 1976 I should no what it's like, I've puked more times than I can remember.
I'm buzzing for your season to start. Lets see what it brings. And the very best of luck.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of the bit about Pellegrini. He is not the public mouth piece for CFG. H e is the manager of MCFC and when questioned by reporters he is obliged to answer those questions. You sign up to that in the EPL.
Now I think it's pretty shitty that one of the two "stars" isn't going to be available for the start of your season but this is football and crap happens.......a lot. Players being told they can't talk to another club and then said player turning up at another clubs ground trying to force the sale through only to be turned away and having to return to his current club with his tale between his legs. ( Odemwingie).
Players handing in transfer requests even though they are adored by the fans. Players being sold to rival clubs despite fans protestations and players being loaned out when you the fan don't want them to be. That's all part of football and football life.
MCFC has in the past had a rival manager pick up from the airport our transfer target literally a couple of hours before he was to sign for us. We've also had by the same manager him calling around one of our young prodigies houses and getting him to sign himself over to his club. Following a football club is all about ups and downs, highs and lows, celebrations and disappointments. What we don't do as fans is go over board. We have a little moan, perhaps a sulk and then we get on with what is singularly the most important thing and that's support our beloved club.
The reaction to this loan deal is totally disproportionate. The language being use is the sort I would expect if NYCFC been relegated down a couple of divisions in as many years. I understand you guys have been getting stick about becoming a feeder club to MCFC and right now it seeming like the boo boys were telling the truth. ALL A COMPLETE LOAD OF BULL. CFG and it's club MCFC have absolutely NO intention of using you as a feeder club. This one player has proven himself to be more useful than first thought and has been needed to cover our injury problems along with a player becoming absent for the next 6 weeks. He WILL return to you after this loan deal is complete. We could've just bought the guy outright but didn't because we want NYCFC to have good players. I dare say your club will benefit greatly from our extensive player scouting system, and our willingness to loan you some our youngsters ( who will become world class). And when the likes of Yaya and co turn up on your doorstep I wonder where the detractors will be then.
I like a lot of MCFC fans want really really want NYCFC to be a successful club. Ignore the sad bastards that refer to you as a feeder club or name you as in some way inferior because you are NOT. You are part of the CFG family that includes MCFC and I/we wish you a tremendous future of which I am sure you will have.
Sure it'll be like a ride on a helter skelter and that's the way it should be. God I've been a fan of MCFC since 1976 I should no what it's like, I've puked more times than I can remember.
I'm buzzing for your season to start. Lets see what it brings. And the very best of luck.
Thank you for this incredibly long and incredibly patronizing post.

You've really opened my eyes to the err of our ways.

Patronizing? I don't think so!
Setting aside the patronizing sound of it, your comparisons have a very fundamental flaw.

You mention rival managers snatching players away. We could understand that. But Manchester wasn't supposed to be a rival and in your pursuit of those players you had a truly fair chance with the player. We did not. This was theft. Or maybe not theft because Lampard was apparently never really a NYCFC player so call it fraud. Either way, its a black eye to New York and to America.

The reason I'm so keen to hate Manchester isn't because I'm a fan of another European club, its because if I did have a European club that I was a fan of (before this) it was Manchester City. So to be betrayed by them of all clubs....

Well, you know what they say, hell hath no fury like a lover scorned.

This wasn't a "missed transfer target." I saw some City fans talking about missing Kaka in 2008 and not leaving the club. This isn't even the same realm. It's like apples and.... cars?

This was a player that was said to be NYCFC. Either her never was and they're frauds or he was stolen away.

The other reason this is different.... this is America. We have expansion teams. Marketing is a big deal. There isn't 50 years of club history to lean on here. There's a year or two of front office moves. That's it. So yes, losing one of the two players that the general public MAY recognize is a major deal especially when the soccer-loving public has said that your club is a fake club from the get go and now they have proof.

Reactions: Paul
This wasn't a "missed transfer target." I saw some City fans talking about missing Kaka in 2008 and not leaving the club. This isn't even the same realm. It's like apples and.... cars?

This was a player that was said to be NYCFC. Either her never was and they're frauds or he was stolen away.

The other reason this is different.... this is America. We have expansion teams. Marketing is a big deal. There isn't 50 years of club history to lean on here. There's a year or two of front office moves. That's it. So yes, losing one of the two players that the general public MAY recognize is a major deal especially when the soccer-loving public has said that your club is a fake club from the get go and now they have proof.
Shut up. You're just one of many entitled yank cunts. You should just be glad the great city of Manchester (LOL) blessed your life with a club and stop winghing.

Setting aside the patronizing sound of it, your comparisons have a very fundamental flaw.

You mention rival managers snatching players away. We could understand that. But Manchester wasn't supposed to be a rival and in your pursuit of those players you had a truly fair chance with the player. We did not. This was theft. Or maybe not theft because Lampard was apparently never really a NYCFC player so call it fraud. Either way, its a black eye to New York and to America.

The reason I'm so keen to hate Manchester isn't because I'm a fan of another European club, its because if I did have a European club that I was a fan of (before this) it was Manchester City. So to be betrayed by them of all clubs....

Well, you know what they say, hell hath no fury like a lover scorned.

Lampard will still be with you, just not at the start of the season. I'm struggling here to see beyond this being anything more than a bit upsetting and may be an inconvenience. If MCFC had been told Messi was arriving in August but instead was loaned out somewhere until October I'd simply be counting down the days until he arrived.
Am I missing the point here?

Or he is a NYCFC player who has been loaned out for a while. Ignore the muppets who talk of you being a feeder club et al. You need rivalry in football and they're creating it.

Lampard will still be with you, just not at the start of the season. I'm struggling here to see beyond this being anything more than a bit upsetting and may be an inconvenience. If MCFC had been told Messi was arriving in August but instead was loaned out somewhere until October I'd simply be counting down the days until he arrived.
Am I missing the point here?
Yes, massively missing the point.

The whole point is that we were lied to by various different groups and CFG set the precedent that we are a lesser club in a lesser league then Man City and we are a subordinate of their team and basically a marketing scheme to attract interest in America. Ironically enough their plan has outraged so many Americans it is having the exact opposite outcome they had hoped for.

Lampard is a good player, of course it is disappointing he isn't coming on time, but it isn't like we are outraged because we won't know what to do without a player of his quality for a few months. We are outraged because of how CFG, MCFC, and Lampard have treated our club and our league.

Shut up. You're just one of many entitled yank cunts. You should just be glad the great city of Manchester (LOL) blessed your life with a club and stop winghing.
I think you mean "whinging". And I don't know what the hell it is either. But apparently, we're top shelf whingers.

Yes, massively missing the point.

The whole point is that we were lied to by various different groups and CFG set the precedent that we are a lesser club in a lesser league then Man City and we are a subordinate of their team and basically a marketing scheme to attract interest in America. Ironically enough their plan has outraged so many Americans it is having the exact opposite outcome they had hoped for.

Lampard is a good player, of course it is disappointing he isn't coming on time, but it isn't like we are outraged because we won't know what to do without a player of his quality for a few months. We are outraged because of how CFG, MCFC, and Lampard have treated our club and our league.

No one of any worth has viewed you as a lesser club in a lesser league. Ignore the detractors. No one has lied to you either. You're all in danger of believing your own hype here. Just because certain idiots keep saying you've been lied to and are an inferior club doesn't make it the truth.

No one of any worth has viewed you as a lesser club in a lesser league. Ignore the detractors. No one has lied to you either. You're all in danger of believing your own hype here. Just because certain idiots keep saying you've been lied to and are an inferior club doesn't make it the truth.

I think you don't understand the deceit of plastering Lampard on billboards, holding press conferences, and parading him around as a 2nd DP signing - only to find out he NEVER had a contract with NYCFC. That is the definition of being lied to.