NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Man City moving very fast this offseason
Pep's removing all the excess real quick. Most interesting thing to me will be who is playing goalie for Man City next year, not sure if he will give Bravo another chance or look elsewhere and try and get something back for that failed experiment.

Reactions: Kjbert
Pep's removing all the excess real quick. Most interesting thing to me will be who is playing goalie for Man City next year, not sure if he will give Bravo another chance or look elsewhere and try and get something back for that failed experiment.
#JoeHartForTunnelCaptain

Saunders name was floated here on the forums for a possible move to Man U, wonder if that's still a possibility. After Poku of course.

I am not a fan of Man City but I am a fan of the best players playing in England. It means I get to watch them all

Reactions: Christopher Jee
We really need a utility player or two that can reliably start in either the Midfield or as a forward - not simply sub on for a fraction of the game while hoping not to Fck up, but a guy that can be handed the responsibility because there's no dropoff with him vs a "regular" starter. Having a player or two like that could rotate rest for a different "starter" every week or be the first person off the bench when we're full strength. It'd be like having 8 guysfor 6 spots and it really doesn't matter who gets the nod. Finding that guy is another matter.

We really need a utility player or two that can reliably start in either the Midfield or as a forward - not simply sub on for a fraction of the game while hoping not to Fck up, but a guy that can be handed the responsibility because there's no dropoff with him vs a "regular" starter. Having a player or two like that could rotate rest for a different "starter" every week or be the first person off the bench when we're full strength. It'd be like having 8 guysfor 6 spots and it really doesn't matter who gets the nod. Finding that guy is another matter.
I was hopeful that Camargo could be that guy, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Just checked and saw that Caceres' loan to Melbourne expired. There's gotta be at least a little potential he gets loaned here next, maybe even for the rest of our season.
Caceres wants to go to Europe. I wouldn't blame him after watching Aaron Mooy help Huddersfield into the Premier League. MLS is a better quality than the A-League but I doubt anyone from Australia would consider MLS anything more than a lateral move.

Reactions: Kjbert
Caceres wants to go to Europe. I wouldn't blame him after watching Aaron Mooy help Huddersfield into the Premier League. MLS is a better quality than the A-League but I doubt anyone from Australia would consider MLS anything more than a lateral move.
What? There is no way that's true. The bigger issue is that there are closer/more likely options for them that are roughly equivalent. Doesn't make sense as a capped league to take a chance on a talent not proven at a higher level than Australia. If you're paying for a foreign talent, it should be more than a flier.

A championship team has more flexibility to take that sort of chance. That's really why you see it, imo.

I have a buddy who moved here from Sydney a couple of years ago. He claims there is no comparison in quality, MLS is exponentially better.

What? There is no way that's true. The bigger issue is that there are closer/more likely options for them that are roughly equivalent. Doesn't make sense as a capped league to take a chance on a talent not proven at a higher level than Australia. If you're paying for a foreign talent, it should be more than a flier.

A championship team has more flexibility to take that sort of chance. That's really why you see it, imo.

I have a buddy who moved here from Sydney a couple of years ago. He claims there is no comparison in quality, MLS is exponentially better.
Maybe I wasn't precise enough. I don't mean in quality. I mean that someone from Australia would less likely to want to move to MLS than say a league of similar quality in Europe. MLS has zero Australians and I think the only player from Oceania is Jake Gleeson.

You can say capped league all you want but MLS teams have taken fliers off of players in shitty Caribbean and Central American leagues and they can't be too much better than the A-League.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Maybe I wasn't precise enough. I don't mean in quality. I mean that someone from Australia would less likely to want to move to MLS than say a league of similar quality in Europe. MLS has zero Australians and I think the only player from Oceania is Jake Gleeson.

You can say capped league all you want but MLS teams have taken fliers off of players in shitty Caribbean and Central American leagues and they can't be too much better than the A-League.
Hmm. There are a fuckton of Australians living in NYC now and the USA in general: http://newyork.usa.embassy.gov.au/nycg/ANY1Wi09.html.

So we're not averse to coming here. And there could be a marketing opportunity. There are probably a decent number of Aussie players who can't claim an European relative for passport or visa purposes too.

Reactions: EganSoccerWords
But those guys don't have the distance issues or costs associated with them. That was my point. I think we agree on this, I just didn't understand your point in the first post.

Reactions: EganSoccerWords
I wonder if we could swoop in for a teammate of Herrera's: Adalberto Peñaranda. Sorry the link is in Spanish. The story is as follows: very promising guy was signed by Watford as an 18 y.o. but has never played in the PL because of lack of a permit. Already has 10+ caps with the full Venezuelan national team. He's very fast and very talented, and plays on the right both as winger and very attack-minded fullback. I have seen him play in WC qualifiers against Peru. He's been on loan with Udinese and Malaga but hasn't stick. He's doing great in U20 WC and looking for a new destination.

http://depor.com/futbol-internacion...figura-venezuela-futuro-incierto-europa-38062