NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Interesting thought - Go 3 in the back with Fuchs LCB, Chanot RCB and Callens as your Sweeper.

You play the double pivot with Ring and Herrera in the middle. Villa plays as the sole striker but with Maxi and Harrison underneath as Chelsea play. Either Matarrita or Wallace could play as a LWB. You just need a RWB.

Interesting thought - Go 3 in the back with Fuchs LCB, Chanot RCB and Callens as your Sweeper.

You play the double pivot with Ring and Herrera in the middle. Villa plays as the sole striker but with Maxi and Harrison underneath as Chelsea play. Either Matarrita or Wallace could play as a LWB. You just need a RWB.

I think a better option might be Fuchs as a CDM when he's not playing LB. We'd have four solid midfielders again (Moralez, Ring, Herrera, and Fuchs) and depth at LB. Just need a new RB as well, relegating White to backup RB and CB with Brillant.

Two tidbits. Pirlo not really hurt. Future status uncertain. Next DP won't be a household name. Expect a model more similar to LAG's current model. Three big DPs confirmed as a marketing ploy.
Are these simply guesses or are they rooted per conversations you've had with individuals in the know?

Rooted per conversations.
I've had my suspicions that the knee injury was a safe excuse to play Hererra and a way for Pirlo to save face with retirement.

I bet Fuchs is on a half-season DP contract and converts to a TAM player next year. Def prefer him to be a TAM now and we bring in a new DP since it's the offseason for the rest of the world, and there's more to choose from, but that'd be too sensible.

Can Fuchs play RB? If you asked me two months ago I would tell you the chances of Matarrita leaving were very strong. Let's call it an informed opinion.

But the lack of playing time from Lewis, coupled with a general cooling of his defensive potential make me question that.

Can Fuchs play RB? If you asked me two months ago I would tell you the chances of Matarrita leaving were very strong. Let's call it an informed opinion.

But the lack of playing time from Lewis, coupled with a general cooling of his defensive potential make me question that.
No idea if he can play the right side. I think flipping sides is fairly easy for good players, tougher for journeymen.

Totally wishful thinking, but what if Leicester lets Fuchs go on a free since he wants to live in NYC, and they want Mata as a squad LB/LW for the present and/or future? They have a ton of cash from the TV deal, Mahrez is asking to leave so they'll get even more from that, and they can go on a spending spree. It'd cost them a fraction of a fraction of their war chest to bring in Mata (but enough for us to make it worth it) and they'd have a dynamic player that can help with their attack from the back.

Reactions: Kjbert

How does Lewis figure into it? Did you see him as a potential replacement for Mata?

Reactions: Fake Jew
If you guys wanted to see what we missed out on when Daryl Horgan didn't sign, he's on FS1 now vs. Mexico. Playing as a LW (we got Wallace instead).

If you guys wanted to see what we missed out on when Daryl Horgan didn't sign, he's on FS1 now vs. Mexico. Playing as a LW (we got Wallace instead).
Missed out on? Wallace is better. And CR is miles better than Ireland.