NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Wasn't there a time when Jack McBean was NEXT?
A long time ago. I think he's lazy.
Villarreal as a Shelton replacement would be a 10/10 move.
Really? He hasn't exactly come on. But yeah, paying less for shit is better than paying more for shit. He's also a lot smaller and an extremely different player than Shelton.

But really, what do I care if it gets rid of Shelton.

we can try but i think someone else will try to get him in Spain.

wasnt he injured alot though? or am i confusing him with someone else at barca that never panned out
At Barca:

17/18 Metatarsal bone bruise (out 33 days so far)
17/18 Back trouble
16/17 Tear in the abductor muscle
16/17 Adductor problems
16/17 Influenza
16/17 Malleolar
16/17 Elbow Injury
15/16 Bruised foot
15/16 Ill
15/16 Ligament Problems (out 32 days)

LAFC signing a 19-year-old forward from Uruguay on what should be a young DP contract. C'mon Reyna, get scouting:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/primera-division-clausura/marktwerte/wettbewerb/URUC

i was talking about this with someone that this team FO almost always look at europe for players, and yet there are a bunch of good young prospects that would come here for a year or two and then go to europe. talents like with almiron or other young 20's. they are there .....look for them dont be afraid it....you cant rely 100% on the "city" scouting....check for someone yourself down there.

Reactions: Kjbert
i was talking about this with someone that this team FO almost always look at europe for players, and yet there are a bunch of good young prospects that would come here for a year or two and then go to europe. talents like with almiron or other young 20's. they are there .....look for them dont be afraid it....you cant rely 100% on the "city" scouting....check for someone yourself down there.
But I think there are quite a few examples of us scouting South/Central America, some of them have been misses however:
  • Matarrita
  • Callens
  • Moralez (Argentinian, played in Liga MX when signed, previously played in Serie A)
  • Herrera (through CFG)
  • Camargo
  • Diego Martinez
  • Jeferson Mena
  • Bravo
  • Ste(i)ven Mendoza
  • Javier Calle
I don't think we can say that we've ignored it. Mata and Callens have been great signings. Moralez is one that's up in the air in my book. Herrera is through CFG, so can't take a ton of credit for it, but what would CFG have done with him had we not existed? Now we have had a fair share of disappointments (Calle, Mena, Martinez, could hear arguments for Bravo and Mendoza)

But I think there are quite a few examples of us scouting South/Central America, some of them have been misses however:
  • Matarrita
  • Callens
  • Moralez (Argentinian, played in Liga MX when signed, previously played in Serie A)
  • Herrera (through CFG)
  • Camargo
  • Diego Martinez
  • Jeferson Mena
  • Bravo
  • Ste(i)ven Mendoza
  • Javier Calle
I don't think we can say that we've ignored it. Mata and Callens have been great signings. Moralez is one that's up in the air in my book. Herrera is through CFG, so can't take a ton of credit for it, but what would CFG have done with him had we not existed? Now we have had a fair share of disappointments (Calle, Mena, Martinez, could hear arguments for Bravo and Mendoza)

only maxi is DP but he is not the younger types you can look for ( not counting mata or camargo as they are from concacaf region, I assume they look at region anyway)

callens came from playing in spain not straight out of Peru. the rest yes are disappointments. but they were not top starters in their teams or the youngster with hype around them like this kid LA just got....biggest prospect in Uruguay and went and spent for him for a DP spot....most of the guys we got were probably on loan or end of contract so it was "cheap" plus they were not DP material to begin with

herrera yes he came to us but because of CFG and rules at UK......if not for us he may have gone to girona or somewhere in netherlands perhaps like other prospects have done

Last edited: