NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Now I see Tina Turner singing "We Don't Need Another Pirlo."

giphy.gif

I can imagine Bonnie Tyler singing I need a Pirlo

giphy.gif

Listen - were a midfielder short right now. Is anyone comfortable with Herrera or Ofori at the moment? Does anyone see that changing?

I've been calling for a 4-1-4-1 with Medina moving centrally. Outside of that, I'm not thrilled with our formation right now.

You at least need to consider YaYa.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Listen - were a midfielder short right now. Is anyone comfortable with Herrera or Ofori at the moment? Does anyone see that changing?

I've been calling for a 4-1-4-1 with Medina moving centrally. Outside of that, I'm not thrilled with our formation right now.

We win when Herrera plays (he didn’t start vs Portland) and even if his play is dissected by the forums because it’s not pretty, it is highly effective at the end of the day.

I’m not sure how Ofori really fits in, but that’s another conversation.

Yes, I agree we’re a midfielder short but Yaya is not the answer.

We have a war chest of Garber Bucks. I'd go a but more outside the box than an arrogant player like YaYa.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I'm not advocating for YaYa but that would be pretty outside the box don't you think?

We have a war chest of Garber Bucks. I'd go a but more outside the box than an arrogant player like YaYa.

At the rate our scouting department has been making good decisions lately, let them go to work and find someone that fits our system. Sure, another midfielder would be great -- but it's got to be the right player. Yaya doesn't do anything for us. We play too fast for someone as immobile as he is.

He’s got the size, strength and toughness we need in a mid. Should be able to intimidate out there. Plus, while he is missing a foot, he’s still got one more foot than the other players.

On the other hand, while his acceleration is excellent, I’m not sure he has the stamina to go 90 seconds, much less 90 minutes.
He would be the player we send to talk to the Ref.

No. It’s completely in the box for every naysayer that claims NYCFC is a conduit from MCFC. If Aguero, I’d say take, but Yaya is a paper weight.

Who gives a shit where the player comes from if he can help the club?

Who gives a shit where the player comes from if he can help the club?
I don’t give a shit where he comes from (which is why I said yes if it was Aguero), but you answered your own question - Yaya CANNOT help our team. He’s slow and recently unmotivated - what makes you think if he can’t get up for MCFC matches he’d get up for NYCFC matches? 4 years ago Yaya would have ruled the center of our midfield, even with Grabavoy as his sidekick, but the dude doesn’t have it any longer.

Again - I'm not arguing for YaYa. But I would hope the team is kicking the tires on every available option. This team isn't complete.

I think we can only have one of Ofori and Maxi on the field at the same time. For the way we play, we need at least two midfielders on the field at all times with bite to their game. We only get that from Herrera and Ring.

Best summer signing would probably be a CM to bumb Herrera to the bench, even though I like Herrera more than most. It would provide excellent depth, and if we can get someone to provide the same positives Herrera does without the deficiencies, that may also have the highest impact.

I'd also love to see Maxi replaced over the winter with a Atlanta-style attacking signing.