NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Listen - were a midfielder short right now. Is anyone comfortable with Herrera or Ofori at the moment? Does anyone see that changing?

I've been calling for a 4-1-4-1 with Medina moving centrally. Outside of that, I'm not thrilled with our formation right now.

You at least need to consider YaYa.

I'm in the minority. I think Herrera is the most overrated player on this team. His vision and game awareness are lackluster. Offensively he's always in occupied space and never where he needs to me.

With our formation, the problem is Maxi needs to make things happen up top. He's a CF playing a pseudo CAM...but Ring and Herrera can't distribute good enough so Maxi constantly has to drop back. That's effecting Villa as well.

I'm ok with Ring and Herrera together if they shut opponents down, but that gets a little shaky at times. Neither of them can hold the ball during a press.

I know a Vidal or Nainggolan are hard to come by and Herrera could be developed like that, but I'm not as confident as I was last year.

I think we can only have one of Ofori and Maxi on the field at the same time. For the way we play, we need at least two midfielders on the field at all times with bite to their game. We only get that from Herrera and Ring.

Best summer signing would probably be a CM to bumb Herrera to the bench, even though I like Herrera more than most. It would provide excellent depth, and if we can get someone to provide the same positives Herrera does without the deficiencies, that may also have the highest impact.

I'd also love to see Maxi replaced over the winter with a Atlanta-style attacking signing.
Feels like Groundhog Day, but with our lack of reliable left back, wingers who can go 1-1 and our embarrassment of riches down the spine, 3-5-2 feels like a viable option.

I'm in the minority. I think Herrera is the most overrated player on this team. His vision and game awareness are lackluster. Offensively he's always in occupied space and never where he needs to me.

With our formation, the problem is Maxi needs to make things happen up top. He's a CF playing a pseudo CAM...but Ring and Herrera can't distribute good enough so Maxi constantly has to drop back. That's effecting Villa as well.

I'm ok with Ring and Herrera together if they shut opponents down, but that gets a little shaky at times. Neither of them can hold the ball during a press.

I know a Vidal or Nainggolan are hard to come by and Herrera could be developed like that, but I'm not as confident as I was last year.
Also a good reason to overload the middle and cut our losses in wide areas.

Reactions: NickA
You can't win the ball back without bite. Possession isn't just about safe passing, it's about winning the ball back as quickly as possible.

Yea but now you're asking for a different formation and style all together.

We don't play a normal high press. What you're talking about is how Liverpool and RedBull play. We play a different style.

Chicharito looking for a move
He’s not technical at the level we want for the movement of play, but he’s a magnificent poacher in the box with decent service. It’d require a change of tactics to use him that potentially would pay bigger dividends but rejiggering the roster and formation.

Apparently Enner Valencia may be going to MLS. It's most likely Seattles 10 figure striker but, I'd be lying if I said he didn't fit in our front three perfectly.

Enner is not a great finisher but the reason he seems to waste chances is because he creates lots of chances with his physicality, speed and movement. On speed alone he would be a massive improvement over Berget.

As an Everton fan, Valencia is a fantastic creator. Hustles. To Marito Marito point, he can't finish.

Chicharito will own MLS. I don't see a better option out there. Aguerro isn't coming guys. Set your sights lower. Who do you realistically want to replace Villa?

As an Everton fan, Valencia is a fantastic creator. Hustles. To Marito Marito point, he can't finish.

Chicharito will own MLS. I don't see a better option out there. Aguerro isn't coming guys. Set your sights lower. Who do you realistically want to replace Villa?
Miro Klose comes out of retirement and becomes NYCFC's striker.
However, you did say realistically.

We should look to the 2nd/3rd Bundesliga, Championship, Serie B, etc. and see what strikers are doing well there. As long as their teams aren't getting promoted (look at 3rd, 4th, 5th place clubs), we can offer younger ones better pay and playing time for them to show off their skill on a bigger stage for 2-3 seasons after which they go back to Europe for a big fee. For "older" strikers, mainly in the 27-29 YO range, better pay for them and we can probably get 2-3 years at their peak.

Unfortunately I haven't done much research, but that's my input.

Did some research. Andreas Voglsammer (1.25 mil / 26), Samuel DiCarmine (1.00 mil / 29), are two such "older" strikers who may want to make some money before retiring or falling off their peak. I feel a 26+ YO striker won't be getting too many looks for transfers to a higher division.

Miro Klose comes out of retirement and becomes NYCFC's striker.
However, you did say realistically.

We should look to the 2nd/3rd Bundesliga, Championship, Serie B, etc. and see what strikers are doing well there. As long as their teams aren't getting promoted (look at 3rd, 4th, 5th place clubs), we can offer younger ones better pay and playing time for them to show off their skill on a bigger stage for 2-3 seasons after which they go back to Europe for a big fee. For "older" strikers, mainly in the 27-29 YO range, better pay for them and we can probably get 2-3 years at their peak.

Unfortunately I haven't done much research, but that's my input.

Did some research. Andreas Voglsammer (1.25 mil / 26), Samuel DiCarmine (1.00 mil / 29), are two such "older" strikers who may want to make some money before retiring or falling off their peak. I feel a 26+ YO striker won't be getting too many looks for transfers to a higher division.

Cheick Diabate would absolutely destroy MLS

I wouldn't be surprised if the next DP was in the mold of a Diego Rossi or Josef Martinez.
Mario...
Mario-Gomez-695960.jpg

GO(AL)MEZ