NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Thing is, it's not always about "how many he scored", but rather "does he score using the system we are using"- just because he scores 28 goals doesn't mean he'll be able to score using our system. If they play in a similar style, then sure. However, idk if I can even identify our "current style" anyway
Sure but thats aastatement that you say literally about any player that moves leagues. You have no clue how the production translate. Also if I were a betting man, I would guess that you didn't read the indepth article breaking down his play.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Sure but thats aastatement that you say literally about any player that moves leagues. You have no clue how the production translate. Also if I were a betting man, I would guess that you didn't read the indepth article breaking down his play.
Oh, that's true, I didn't read it. :p But I'm just saying at the end of the day, it's never just about "he scored 24 goals".
and Christopher Jee Christopher Jee yeah that's true, so that's why I'm saying it's important to see the context around the player rather than "he's young and scored 24 goals." He's moldable? good. etc. etc.

Oh, that's true, I didn't read it. :p But I'm just saying at the end of the day, it's never just about "he scored 24 goals".
and Christopher Jee Christopher Jee yeah that's true, so that's why I'm saying it's important to see the context around the player rather than "he's young and scored 24 goals." He's moldable? good. etc. etc.
Lol the total effort of you posting and people responding to you, I would wager, is greater than the effort it would have taken for you to read the article.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
watching angulo's highlight video is good and bad.
he's good at reading really bad defenses, spacing and following rebounds which i find problematic because most of his goals that I'm seeing is from a static standpoint where he's basically left alone by lazy defending... not much movement involved. he's also taller than most of the defenders marking him which gives him a nice advantage, but in the MLS there's generally taller CB's that could just push him aside and he's done.
doesn't seem to get the ball outside the box much. unless hes in a 1v1 situation.... by 1v1 i mean from 20 yards out with the goalie because the defenders just leave him unmarked.
while 28 goals is impressive, I don't think there's that much to his game, he just reaps the benefit of being on the #1 team in Ecuador.

This is just from a couple different 4 minute videos but I don't think he's all that great.

To add a bit of reference, Nemec wasn't very mobile and we saw how that worked out.

watching angulo's highlight video is good and bad.
he's good at reading really bad defenses, spacing and following rebounds which i find problematic because most of his goals that I'm seeing is from a static standpoint where he's basically left alone by lazy defending... not much movement involved. he's also taller than most of the defenders marking him which gives him a nice advantage, but in the MLS there's generally taller CB's that could just push him aside and he's done.
doesn't seem to get the ball outside the box much. unless hes in a 1v1 situation.... by 1v1 i mean from 20 yards out with the goalie because the defenders just leave him unmarked.
while 28 goals is impressive, I don't think there's that much to his game, he just reaps the benefit of being on the #1 team in Ecuador.

This is just from a couple different 4 minute videos but I don't think he's all that great.

To add a bit of reference, Nemec wasn't very mobile and we saw how that worked out.
Don’t necessarily disagree with you regarding Angulo, some very valid points.

But the reference to Nemec is unfair. He had to play under Kreis who designed everything around Villa and walking the ball into the box. Nemec has since shown he’s productive for his country, and he’d likely have been a great variable on the team last year as a target in the box since the wingers and wingbacks kept crossing balls into nobody that was good at being a target. If Angulo can be a target in the box, then that’s a plus for the team since I doubt we’re going to stop sending aimless crosses in.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Would never want Balotelli, he's a disrespectful POS imo, and I wouldn't wanna cheer for that

Believe me. Mario has been disrespected much more than he's ever dealt it. He's been called racially charged names his whole career playing for and in his own country. I've always cheered for him to have some peace and success. If he was an American sports figure, he'd be a cultural icon with what he's been through. To each his own I guess.

BTW - Union story has no truth behind it.

Believe me. Mario has been disrespected much more than he's ever dealt it. He's been called racially charged names his whole career playing for and in his own country. I've always cheered for him to have some peace and success. If he was an American sports figure, he'd be a cultural icon with what he's been through. To each his own I guess.

thank you, its a daily struggle for me.

I'd love to get him here for the simple fact of he'd run over MLS. Yeah, he can be a headache, but it would be to much fun to watch him flick back heel shots.

(For those who don't know what I'm referring to)

I'd love to get him here for the simple fact of he'd run over MLS. Yeah, he can be a headache, but it would be to much fun to watch him flick back heel shots.

(For those who don't know what I'm referring to)

The headache thing is old news. He's calmed down a lot as hes gotten older and matured. But as was said he did also face a ton of racist disrespect which im sure contributed to his attitude.

He's well prepared for Philly then.

Reactions: Kjbert
The headache thing is old news. He's calmed down a lot as hes gotten older and matured. But as was said he did also face a ton of racist disrespect which im sure contributed to his attitude.

other people face racism, do they act as petulant? or do they respond with class?

That said, I am a Suarez fan, so gimme a petulant little prick any day if he can score goals.

Reactions: snugglefarts
other people face racism, do they act as petulant? or do they respond with class?

That said, I am a Suarez fan, so gimme a petulant little prick anyway if he can score goals.
dani alvez didnt grow up as a black adopted Italian in Italy. He didnt face the same kind of racism Balotelli probably faced every day of his life growing up. Different backgrounds. Does that excuse his attitude? No probably not. But the backstory does make a difference.

Last edited: