NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

other people face racism, do they act as petulant? or do they respond with class?
Want me to guess what color you are? A Brazilian facing a couple of racist incidents in Spain is not quite the same as a Black Italian facing racism from his countrymen damn near everyday since he was born.

Reactions: NickA
Want me to guess what color you are? A Brazilian facing a couple of racist incidents in Spain is not quite the same as a Black Italian facing racism from his countrymen damn near everyday since he was born.
oh shit.........
giphy.gif

Want me to guess what color you are?

This is completely not necessary and very rude. I made the same point you did without the personal attacks on what you are assuming is someone elses race. And its not the first time in this forum youve assumed someone elses race to attack someone elses position that isnt equal to yours. Please, have some respect for your fellow forum members.

other people face racism, do they act as petulant? or do they respond with class?

That said, I am a Suarez fan, so gimme a petulant little prick any day if he can score goals.
What's not classy about driving around with 35,000 quid on your passenger seat, adopting a stray cat from the City training facility and giving lavishly to the homeless? ;)

Also, Alves response was a high water mark.

How about Pedro in the Summer window?
Pedro is an interesting one to me. He's always struck me as more of a role filler than someone who can put a team on his back. He's relatively young though, and has a ton of pedigree.

Robben also leaving Bayern at end of season. He missed more than 18 games in 17/18 and 22 games in 16/17, so it seems like way too risky a move.

Case for Pedro:

- 1.5 years left on deal. 31 years old. Chelsea linked with a bunch of young wingers. Barcelona pedigree. Could play on either wing. I think you could probably get him for free in the summer.

Case for Pedro:

- 1.5 years left on deal. 31 years old. Chelsea linked with a bunch of young wingers. Barcelona pedigree. Could play on either wing. I think you could probably get him for free in the summer.

I wish they could have done it a year earlier so we could have had him with Villa for at least one season.

Reactions: Kjbert
Everton would probably give you Theo Walcott

Theo Walcott is the definition of the type of player that sucks in the MLS. Only plays well when things are going his way. Expects the refs to call every little infraction is his favor and pouts if they don't. Completely checks out of games when he's un happy and is hurt 75% of the time. Talented dude but he's a hard pass from me.

Theo Walcott is the definition of the type of player that sucks in the MLS. Only plays well when things are going his way. Expects the refs to call every little infraction is his favor and pouts if they don't. Completely checks out of games when he's un happy and is hurt 75% of the time. Talented dude but he's a hard pass from me.

(Nodding)

Agree with both Walcott and Pedro assessments. I would take Pedro this summer in a second

Reactions: Kjbert
Just hope we get a name. Sorry if that reeks of past MLS point whatever thinking an up and coming South American is great but I want at least one big name on this team as long as they've got something left in the tank.

nope not to me, i rather an almiron type ( who may only have been known to certain parts of south american fans anyway) than a 33/34 yr old with a name. I know the risk is pretty high doing the former but i dont mind trying with youth.

i dont see anyone out there willing to come that still have something. Suarez is only name sort of rumoring around MLS circles, thats fine but how many of those are really wanting to come over at around that age that are names?

I haven’t followed him especially closely, but Robben seems like a guy who would bring some fire to succeed.

someone put that name out there before hand. and im still of the belief the dude is just injury prone, and imagine with the long travels here and fucked up schedule AND the shitty turf fields will all add up and potentially hurt his effectiveness here.