NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I don't think Jack tore it up over here though. He was a good player with occasional glimpses of incredible play, but wasn't consistent enough game to game. Based off reports from Leeds it seems he's actually doing the same thing of looking decent sometimes, horrible other games, and then an occasional glimpse of brilliance. Jack has probably stunted his growth by going overseas a season or two too early.

thing is he was almost figured out when he was here. he always made a run on the right and cut in, after a while they knew what he did so it limited him, he needed to work on his game to be more dynamic

thing is he was almost figured out when he was here. he always made a run on the right and cut in, after a while they knew what he did so it limited him, he needed to work on his game to be more dynamic
Arjen Robben does the same move again and again and again and again and yet no one can figure out how to stop that shit.

Arjen Robben does the same move again and again and again and again and yet no one can figure out how to stop that shit.
Jack didn't start balding at 21... can't use the shiny dome to blind defenders.

Seriously though, Robben knows how to do essentially the same thing but in different ways. He will (almost) always cut in, but he changes the angle up and does occasionally stay right. Defenders know he's going to cut left, but the question is when? Since they still have a question to answer, they can't lean or make the move, or risk giving him too much space to go around them. If that makes sense.

Jack always cut in 1-2 yards at the top of the box or ran to the corner flag. Never mixed up when or tried faking left. Makes it easier to know both where he is going and when he is trying to go.

Based off reports from Leeds it seems he's actually doing the same thing of looking decent sometimes, horrible other games, and then an occasional glimpse of brilliance. Jack has probably stunted his growth by going overseas a season or two too early.

I think it's safe to say, Jack stunted his growth the second he came to the US and started playing high school/college soccer.

I've thought this too at times, but it's one example. Other examples cut the opposite way - such as Angelino and Mendoza being meh in MLS but ending up in Champions League and Serie A, respectively.

Mendoza is a head-spinning mystery. I always liked him, but that was because of his speed and based on who else was available. Indian League to MLS to Serie A is not a normal pathway. But Angelino was super talented and only 18, in a half-baked, poorly constructed roster, so I am not too surprised about him.

I don't think Jack tore it up over here though. He was a good player with occasional glimpses of incredible play, but wasn't consistent enough game to game. Based off reports from Leeds it seems he's actually doing the same thing of looking decent sometimes, horrible other games, and then an occasional glimpse of brilliance. Jack has probably stunted his growth by going overseas a season or two too early.
I agree that he wasn't tearing it up, but he was a much more significant contributor at NYCFC.

Rough guide, but he was up around 6.99 in 2017 for NYCFC and is around 6.42 at Leeds and the same at Middlesbrough 2017/18, according to Whoscored: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/317896/History/Jack-Harrison. 6.42 is what Shelton was averaging in 2017 for New York City FC, which is a pretty fair comp for his contribution at Leeds from what I've seen with my own eyes. You could argue that MLS has improved, but Shelton was a 6.74 in 2018.

You could argue that MLS has improved, but Shelton was a 6.74 in 2018.

And is signed to the 2.Bundesliga.
didnt jack already have a green card? unless he gave it up when he moved to leeds
I don't think you have to give it up if you move away, but many do so because you have to continue paying U.S. income taxes.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Do we all agree that we’d rather have Harrison than Medina? Even if that meant Harrison was a DP?

Do we all agree that we’d rather have Harrison than Medina? Even if that meant Harrison was a DP?

ehhh not me up in the air, again, i felt like i knew what jack would do on field and we played against tougher opponents that figured him out he didnt improvise something new in year 2

ask me again after this year for Medina

And is signed to the 2.Bundesliga.

I don't think you have to give it up if you move away, but many do so because you have to continue paying U.S. income taxes.

He could probably retain it by returning once a year. "intending to move away permanently" feels like it's quite open to interpretation.

He was here for a long stretch of time in the summer training, could be sign he's trying to maintain it.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Messi , Maradona, Distefano, Pele, Ronaldo , Garincha if you want I can name another 100 from each country its not even close no countries produce better players.

So much so that you name 4 old guys and 1 dead guy lol. Aren't we talking about today? You don't have to get upset because you like South American players. Sure they produce great forwards, but after that it's all European. Brazil/Argentina don't produce the best mids or defenders. Don't even @ me.