NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

So much so that you name 4 old guys and 1 dead guy lol. Aren't we talking about today? You don't have to get upset because you like South American players. Sure they produce great forwards, but after that it's all European. Brazil/Argentina don't produce the best mids or defenders. Don't even @ me.

Coutinho, Arthur, Casemiro, Fernandinho, Fabinho, Angel Di María, and James are all regular midfielders at the best six clubs in the world but sure.

Coutinho, Arthur, Casemiro, Fernandinho, Fabinho, Angel Di María, and James are all regular midfielders at the best six clubs in the world but sure.
Mascherano...

Lots of young high ceiling guys, Bentancur, Lerma, Torreira...just names anyone knows without digging.

ETA: NickA NickA just because he said not to.

Also, Thiago Alcantarra, Lucas Leiva (not young, but Lazio POTY), Allen is a beast at Napoli.

Lo Celso, Lanzini, Dybala if you consider him an AM - kind of miffed as to what you would call him otherwise...

Last edited:
So much so that you name 4 old guys and 1 dead guy lol. Aren't we talking about today? You don't have to get upset because you like South American players. Sure they produce great forwards, but after that it's all European. Brazil/Argentina don't produce the best mids or defenders. Don't even @ me.
Seems like online hyperbole dude.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victors87
Mascherano...

Lots of young high ceiling guys, Bentancur, Lerma, Torreira...just names anyone knows without digging.

Also, Thiago Alcantarra, Lucas Leiva (not young, but Lazio POTY), Allen is a beast at Napoli.

Lo Celso, Lanzini, Dybala if you consider him an AM - kind of miffed as to what you would call him otherwise...
I know some don't like him much, but Vidal as well.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
*shrug emoji*

https://www.europafm.ro/alex-mitrita-dorit-in-major-league-soccer/

Reddit user Kshowbiz provides the Google Translate:

The captain of Oltenia and the current day's first-round golgeter, Alexandru Mitriţă, came to the attention of one of the most important teams in Major League Soccer, New York City FC.

According to sport.ro, the American club's representatives are waiting for the next few days in Banja for negotiations. They would be willing to pay 6 million euros in exchange for the 23-year-old striker.

Why is this a thing? 6 mil for someone we don't even know and has barely any goals? and NYCFC getting him? Sounds like BS to me. Either that or a trademarked NYCFC stress signing

He actually has 12 goals and 4 assists in 16 games this season. And transfermarkt lists him as CAM primarily, plus wing. Just 23. Who cares if he's well known, an investment like this for a young player should turn a lot of peoples opinions around on a dime. Like mine.

He actually has 12 goals and 4 assists in 16 games this season. And transfermarkt lists him as CAM primarily, plus wing. Just 23. Who cares if he's well known, an investment like this for a young player should turn a lot of peoples opinions around on a dime. Like mine.
A big name is always sexy. Many goals by a no-name player is also sexy. I’ll take whatever it takes to do better than last season consistently.

To say South America produces the best talent is naive. I can name just as many European players as you did that are as good or better. If he wants to throw old names out there like he did, I can do that too.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think the league is what troubles people. And his age. 23 isn’t exactly young. If he was doing this at a lower level and he was 17...he’d probably be bought by Man City. Never mind.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Josef Martinez had less goals than this guy before coming to MLS

JM didn't play in Romania. But I'm not against this per se. I am worried he's only 5'7", we have a height issue on this team, it hasn't been solved in years because we keep signing shorties. Also depending on on his wages, and actual transfer amount (transfermaket has him at $3.5mm), he could be turned a TAM signing or YDP that becomes a TAM next season. I'll withheld judgement on this one till I know all the facts (and if it's even true).

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
okay lets try Kun aguerro, Dybala , Dimaria , Cutinho, Neymar , Casemiro are those current enough for you.

And tell me the last time Italy has produced a world class player , thats is why Serie A is full of Argentinians , Brazilians, Uruguayans, and Colombians players.

We invested in Medina and no one batted an eyelid? Granted it wasn't $6mil but I mean, what's the difference again?

Josef Martinez had less goals than this guy before coming to MLS
From a better league to a worse league. This guy's going from a worse league to a better league.

Look, I'm not saying he's gonna be bad- I'm just saying why risk it with a $6 million deal if reports are true when you could probably find better options for the same price/cheaper?

Mascherano...

I can name top South American talent too, but you're honestly gonna tell me you believe the best talent comes from there in all positions?? I gave him forwards even taking Ronaldo out, but Europe has produced better defenders period, I personally think mids too. It doesn't make sense for me to type names out past and present.

I don't know what you'd call Dybala either. He's basically a wide attacking mid that swaps sides with Mario throughout the game, then he'll play underneath Ronaldo like a CF.

Reactions: Kjbert
We invested in Medina and no one batted an eyelid? Granted it wasn't $6mil but I mean, what's the difference again?

I like the Medina signing and I wish we would buy two more like him. The jury is out yet on whether he was the right player, but I would call him the best DP move sans Villa.

(I think Maxi's production should come from shrewd TAM signings, but we signed him prior to the most recent TAM increase, I believe.)

From a better league to a worse league. This guy's going from a worse league to a better league.

Look, I'm not saying he's gonna be bad- I'm just saying why risk it with a $6 million deal if reports are true when you could probably find better options for the same price/cheaper?

Or spend a little more and get Jansenn, who's basically the same age with a much better track record.

Reactions: Marito and Shwafta