NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Seems to me that Harrison has a strong grasp on the right wing position. Staying with the NE revolution, I wouldn't mind a Diego Fagundez type player on our left wing.
I wonder how much TMac is a key piece to this formation. He seems to drop deep often making it more of a 442, and since Mata pushes up, and Villa drifts left. i wonder if a Harrison type on the left would detract from our midfields ability to get the ball forward.

I wonder how much TMac is a key piece to this formation. He seems to drop deep often making it more of a 442, and since Mata pushes up, and Villa drifts left. i wonder if a Harrison type on the left would detract from our midfields ability to get the ball forward.

I agree that our wingers are more like wide attacking mids, not wide strikers.

I think the dream acquisition is Keisuke Honda, who can play as a mid and as a wide player. The loan option is Brandon Barker, who is right-footed compared to Harrison's left, and would probably be his perfect compliment on the other side. (As long as he doesn't convince Harrison to leave to Europe when he does.)

Just clicking around on Transfermarkt, does anyone know much about Andre Moritz? Brazilian/Italian, formerly at Bolton and Crystal Palace, was playing in Thailand but almost signed with Nottingham Forest this spring, now out of contract. I'm thinking a Mendoza replacement here if Mendoza leaves this window. Someone to compete with McNamara at LW and serve as a backup AM.

Another out-of-contract winger is Sylvain Marveaux, formerly at Newcastle and last loaned to Guingamp in Ligue 1. Again, could take Mendoza's international spot and push McNamara for the starting spot.

Reactions: Kjbert
Seems to me that Harrison has a strong grasp on the right wing position. Staying with the NE revolution, I wouldn't mind a Diego Fagundez type player on our left wing.

Happy you brought this up. So Harrison is a left-footed player right? And he's started most games on the left but switches during the game to play a RM/RW role.

I'm not making this up right?

Happy you brought this up. So Harrison is a left-footed player right? And he's started most games on the left but switches during the game to play a RM/RW role.

I'm not making this up right?
All of our wingers switch during the game. The particular reasons, I'm not sure, but almost every game I've noticed that the wingers are in opposite positions at some point than where they started.

I'm not certain Jack is a RW only. I think he played there the last game as TMac was in at LW, and isn't quite as effective on the right as he can cut inside and shoot on his right from the left.

Another interesting point that with TMac playing LW with slower pace, Mata can push all the way up and TMac drop back a bit more into a midfield role.

My main point is, if TMac is in, he's at LW and Harrison is at RW. If its someone other than TMac, Harrison can just as easy play LW.

I found a rumor that say NYCFC interested Orlando Berrio (Forwards), here I leave the player information.
berrio.jpg

Orlando Berrío (born 14 February 1991) is a Colombian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Colombian club Atlético Nacional.

Date of birth
14 February 1991 (age 25)
Place of birth Cartagena, Colombia
Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Playing position Forward
Club information

Current team
Atlético Nacional
Number 28
Senior career*
Years
Team Apps† (Gls)†
2009–
Atlético Nacional 106 (18)
2012Millonarios (loan) 12 (0)
2012–2013Patriotas (loan) 17 (4)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 February 2016.
† Appearances (goals)

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 24 February 2016
I saw that too, some radio host?

Asked around, got nothing. I'll keep an eye out though.

I saw that too, some radio host?

Asked around, got nothing. I'll keep an eye out though.

For those interested, I just checked his recent performance in the Copa Libertadores. His team is in the semi-finals, and he started in two of the four knockout stage games at RW and AM. He came off the bench in their last game and scored in stoppage time to send their team thru to the semis.

Here's a recent highlight film:

Seems like he's all speed, shot, and poach. Don't see any distribution or dribbling skill in that film, but he's got a nose for goal (then again, what highlight film wouldn't show that?)

For those interested, I just checked his recent performance in the Copa Libertadores. His team is in the semi-finals, and he started in two of the four knockout stage games at RW and AM. He came off the bench in their last game and scored in stoppage time to send their team thru to the semis.

Here's a recent highlight film:

Seems like he's all speed, shot, and poach. Don't see any distribution or dribbling skill in that film, but he's got a nose for goal (then again, what highlight film wouldn't show that?)
He's still under contract and should be for a while. They said they'll get back to me after it's done. So we'll see. From a personnel look, it makes sense, but I'm hesitant.

If this team were able to somehow find a gem of a dangerous striker to place up front with Villa and Harrison, with Lampard now playing dangerously, and Pirlo being Pirlo (and bonus offensive productivity from Mata out of the back, etc.), we could have the most dangerous attack in the league.

The interesting question is what type of top-quality striker would fit best with Villa (and Harrison)? Blazing wing, poaching finisher, or hold-up presence (or, of course, some combination of those)? What is the prototype for a striker to best compliment and supplement Villa?
I still think a switch to a 2 striker system, pairing Villa with a target striker, gives us the best chance to win at home -- particularly now that we have two effective wingbacks.

With the rise of Harrison, it comes down to whether you think Villa's still able to play on the wing or not. If he can play as an inside forward on the left wing, a sole striker/target forward would be very useful -- and could be the key to us getting better at home.

If you think Villa's an advanced forward only, a strong inside forward is most useful on that left wing. A winger would make it a bit more difficult for Mata to overlap.

Overall, we need a finisher. Villa's the only guy who can shoot on this team, other than maybe the fat one.

Transfer out Mendoza and Mena. Trade Mix ($761k) and cash to LA Galaxy for Leonardo ($165k). Sign Orlando Barrios.

F: Barrios, Villa, Harrison; (McNamara, Shelton, Taylor)
M: Pirlo, Lampard, Iraola; (McNamara, Bravo, Lopez)
D: Matarrita, Leonardo, Brillant, Allen; (Martinez, Hernandez, White, Iraola)
K: Saunders; (Johansen)

Still missing a new keeper. Otherwise, I like it.

Transfer out Mendoza and Mena. Trade Mix ($761k) and cash to LA Galaxy for Leonardo ($165k). Sign Orlando Barrios.

Which would mean Garber would have to bail LA out again to get Mix under their Cap?

Which would mean Garber would have to bail LA out again to get Mix under their Cap?

I'm past worrying about salaries and the cap at the margins. It's all rigged behind the scenes.

But $761k prorated is $380k, and if you subtract Leonardo's prorated salary of $82k, that's about a $300k net gain on LA's books this year. I said we could send them some cash too to help get them a little closer to even, such as the $150k GAM we would have been spending on Mix anyway for the second half of the season.

League would probably rubber stamp it either way.

Reactions: adam
I think the Casillas rumors are going to start again soon.

Does anyone know the date the Iraola rumor/signing broke here? I remember it being a Sunday night.

Reactions: adam

Think our bigger need is on defense. Need to add a top CB and probably keep Mena too.