NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

How old was David Villa during the 2015 season?

Fernando Torres ≠ David Villa

EDIT: ill add more to this so it doesnt sound so abrupt and dickish. Torres has been on a serious decline. His play hasnt looked great and hes only getting older. On top of that he was always a real good player but he was never David Villa. I also dont see him having the same tenacity and will power Villa has to not only stay in the game but make an impact in it.

Last edited:
Fernando Torres ≠ David Villa

EDIT: ill add more to this so it doesnt sound so abrupt and dickish. Torres has been on a serious decline. His play hasnt looked great and hes only getting older. On top of that he was always a real good player but he was never David Villa. I also dont see him having the same tenacity and will power Villa has to not only stay in the game but make an impact in it.
RT please don't let this happen. Torres at 34 at our club with our history of DP signings would just be tragic.

I still want Ribery.

Robbery out here today paying respect to Aaliyah.

giphy.gif

Sporting Lisbon is probably going to get rid of a bunch of players this season . The president is wild .

But thinking post Villa; getting Bas Dost would be amazing.
I just looked at his games/goals strike rate and it’s ridiculous! And he’s 6’5”. It really would be playing as if we subbed Lurch on.

He is a big boy . Clinical finisher . Ruud Van Nistelrooy type . Him next to maxi would be reason to sign him enough . Maxi is prob up to the guys knees.
And he’s on the right side of 30. How does he play? Mobile? Technical with the ball at his feet? Can he create his own shot or does he need service to be a finisher?

And he’s on the right side of 30. How does he play? Mobile? Technical with the ball at his feet? Can he create his own shot or does he need service to be a finisher?

Prototype target forward, strong in the air and great in the box . Needs service, but I think would fit well into our system . Very intelligent player as well. If I had to compare him to someone playing now he is similar to edin dzeko.

Reactions: Kjbert
Prototype target forward, strong in the air and great in the box . Needs service, but I think would fit well into our system . Very intelligent player as well. If I had to compare him to someone playing now he is similar to edin dzeko.

Isn't the big, slow target man the exact opposite of what has worked in our system?

Isn't the big, slow target man the exact opposite of what has worked in our system?
The big, slow, target forward that’s not good at scoring goals is the exact opposite of what has worked in our system.

At this point in his career, I think Torres market value is TAM/GAM money, and at that price he should be worth the gamble of a 2 year contract. His level isn't good enough for LaLiga anymore, but he should be elite in MLS and he's been fit lately, I think.

Agree. I want him on a Zlatan type deal.