NYCFC v Chicago Postmatch

I'd also include Keane and maybe Drogba on that list of DP #1s.

Keane-has been lighting it up in LA since coming over (74 goals in 110 games ~.67 goals a game) and makes LA a threat whenever he is on the field. LA almost looks lost without him up top vs. being one of the top teams in the MLS.

Drogba-came in last summer and brought Montreal onto another level. CBs had no idea how to stop him. Only reason he's a maybe is due to his not playing on any turf, being a baby, and in my mind not really caring about the team. Training overseas during the preseason and leaving your comeback until the last minute?
Agree. I also included Drogba but was probably too subtle by saying both of our neighbors north of the border (i.e. Mtl/Drogba, TFC/Giovinco).

Reactions: joe
I can see where you are coming from, I just put Villa in that category. When i think of almost all our goals he was a part. They just showed the goals v columbus on FB and you had him with one and feeding Poku on a sweet through ball on another. That is why this team frustrates me so much. We have, who I think, the best player in the league, and we are basically wasting him.
I agree with you in a lot of ways. Much of this might boil down to him simply having a weak start to the season. With the chances he's had he should have at least two more goals. And that would probably mean 3-4 more points for us since all of our games have been a single goal away from more points.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
The "#1 DP in the League" discussion begins and ends with Giovinco.
Agree. Though my point was not about the league as a whole but rather about each team has the potential to sign what for that team will be their #1 DP.

Agree. Though my point was not about the league as a whole but rather about each team has the potential to sign what for that team will be their #1 DP.
The other teams can all sign a #1 DP... I want CFG to sign (3) #1 DPs for us. I like Villa, but at best he's a #2 and he's playing like a #3. I like Pirlo, but at best he's a #2. And Frank... Well if he played I could rank him but let's just not go there.

I want the big Swedish Viking - while older, he'd still be a #1 in MLS.
I don't think Rooney would ever play for CFG, but he'd be a #1 in MLS.
Torres would probably be a #2 but has the potential to be a #1 if he became the talisman again that graced Liverpool
I loathe the guy, but Suarez would hands down be a #1

I was out of the country for 2 weeks so I just now watched this "match".

Right now in this moment I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team and the pitch they play home games on.

Until Poku did it in like the 90', we didn't have one ball pushed into the area for a cross.

Watching Mix slip all over the place on the sod covering the Yankee infield.

Watching so many of our guys get nothing behind their shots.

Gonna be brutally honest, their a lot of harsh criticism for Villa in the last few posts, regarding him he definitely a 1# DP type of player this moment of time, New York are very lucky to have him as their first ever player, he could of easily stayed in Europe and at Atletico or play for a mid level team in a top division, if it wasn't for him so far this season I would be really nervous to see who gonna get the the goals for us, has he missed some chances of course but the likehood of getting a higher quality finisher than Villa is a few, people forget you arguably talking about one of Spain greatest strikers of all time here, we would most likely be sitting last in the Eastern Conference without Villa as he been our best player so far this season along with Matarrita

Toronto got lucky again with Giovinco, half of Serie A would of snapped him up as well and teams from Europe were eyeing him up, it's very very hard and unlikely at this moment in time for the MLS to get a player who top caliber and in his prime, Giovinco is a case in point, the big Swedish player will join Manchester United if a certain Portuguese manager takes over and is hoping for that to happen, I would love to see Torres as I think he and Villa would destroy defences together, Atletico have talked about keeping him though, it depends on who they can bring in first, Suarez, Ronaldo, Aguero, Messi, Rooney it be another 5 years before you can realistically see them coming over