Nycfc V Dc Postgame

Poku just straight up does things that no one else in MLS can do and it is seriously a pleasure watching him play. MOTM.

Villa was unlucky not to have at least 2 goals tonight. He played well and would normally be MOTM.

Pirlo was absolute fire in the second half and made up for the giveaway that led to goal.

Angelino with the most underrated performance of the match IMO. DCU tried all night and could get buy him.

FEELS GOOD MAN

as I stated in the GDT..

The Good: Villa, Poku, TMac, and Angelino.
The Bad: Kreis will change the lineup next game, still wait too long to shoot at times.
The Grabavoy: Ned is still on the team

What a [second half] game.. Much much much needed win.. Still in the hunt. On to Columbus. Let's get a streak going. One game at a time.

We actually had possession and looked threatening in the second half and look what happened. Pirlo's second half was especially brilliant and Villa was a couple good saves away from a hat trick. Heck, even Jacobson looked better in the second half.

Finally, there's absolutely no reason that Poku shouldn't start every game we have left.

Absolute class from Villa, Poku, and Pirlo. Defensively we were extremely solid except that fluke. I really really hope that Kreis see's this as a hint to not CHANGE THE FUCKING TEAM SHEET when we play Crew next weekend. Seriously loved watching them tonight especially the fact that we beat the league's top team who have conceded so few. Great job NYCFC!!

So this team has beaten every playoff team now in the east besides Red Bull, but has only 5 points in 5 games against the Union and Fire. If they just got a second win against those hapless teams, NYC is in the playoffs.
Ahem... Hey, Jason. You mealy mouthed shitbird.

Reactions: dannd23
Can I just say I love this team? After the deflation and dejection of getting swept by RBNY with the playoffs almost certainly gone, it would have been really easy to quit on a short week match against the best in the Eastern conference, especially after going down 0-1. But they didn't, and they dominated that second half. It could have easily ended 5-1.

Our front office, Manchester overloads, head coach, etc. all make some dumb and stupid decisions. Many times our team loses in hilariously awful ways. But by damn, each one of those players on the field tonight kicked ass to get a win and showed they were not going quietly into the night. As a fan, THAT's what I want to see. All the other stuff doesn't matter. Villa ripped his shirt off because he wants to get this club to the playoffs. Poku pushing every run to get space and get his teammates easy goals until he finally took on the monster Hamid himself and won.

I love this team. I love these players. Let's make the playoffs, boys.

Jacobsen is fucking worse the better the team gets.

Poku...well, Jason should not sleep over what he's cost us.

Credit to him for letting Allen demo what Irraola has to do for us.

He's still a dumb fuck for taking Mix off for Seba. Total vaginal discharge from his mouth to the ref's ear. Wtf?

Pirlo, as I said earlier, was playing the right ball all night. People learned.

We won, motherfuckers. It is beautiful.

So happy to be treated to real Pirlo magic with that pass to Villa, and Villa having the quality to fight through two defenders and sink the shot. Amazing. Pirlo also making up for his sad mistake that resulted in DC's goal.

Poku definitely MOTM. That assist to TMac was so cool-headed and his goal was choice. He worked so hard and was everywhere. I'd so much rather see Poku in than Lampard right now.

I was upset with the breakdown in our passing in and near the box in the first half, but the remainder of the game showed me that we were doing fine, doing well, even; DC's defense just took a while to tenderize and break down. I admit to being so used to seeing our flaws that it can be hard to see our strengths.

Can't believe Kreis took Mix off for Velazquez. Inexcusable.

Bill Hamid kept this from being a 5-1 win for NYC, so hats off to him as a worthy adversary.

Amazing win. Onward and upward.

Great game all around. Good lineup selection. Think the only reason Velazquez came on was Kreis felt he had to use his subs and the bench was shit tonight. Probably should've just let it be. In any case it all worked out so all good.

In other news, imagine we had Bill Hamid instead of Josh Saunders. Damn, doubt that guy is in MLS much longer.