Nycfc V Galaxy - Postgame & Player Ratings

EDIT:

After calming down and sobering up a bit, I've replaced this dismissive, negative emotional reaction with a more analytical take later on.

...but we were still gross garbage, and I'm still incredibly embarrassed by that free kick fiasco which gave LAG their first goal. Ugh.

Last edited:
Started off strong and then we lost it.

We continue to play Villa alone up top when he clearly isnt suited for it.

We continue to waste a starting spot on a CDM that does nothing defensively and is usually found way up the pitch killing our attack with a loss of possession or a backpass. Thanks Jacobson...

We continue to sub on the worst players on our team sub off some of the best and then let our young talent that we should be developing, like Mullins sit on the bench for most of the time.

Mix and TMac at their worst are better than Seb and Grabashit at their best (even RSL glory years Kreis)

Its the same fucking thing every week and the same fucking excuses from the same moronic posters on this forum.

Kreis has no tactics, no strategy, no balls, and no clue. The talent is on this team, im not saying we win against LA but we certainly could of done better.

Not to mention this comes less than a week after he decided to park the bus against Columbus.

After this loss, how would everyone feel about letting the "kids" play?

Play the diamond. Let Villa and Mullins play up top. Let Poku roam underneath them. Let Mena play with Facey and see if they can develop a partnership. None of us are sold on Saunders. Let Johannsen play. Pirlo plays at the base because he has to. Diskerud and McNamara wide.

After this loss, how would everyone feel about letting the "kids" play?

Play the diamond. Let Villa and Mullins play up top. Let Poku roam underneath them. Let Mena play with Facey and see if they can develop a partnership. None of us are sold on Saunders. Let Johannsen play. Pirlo plays at the base because he has to. Diskerud and McNamara wide.
I cannot think of one good reason why not.

Reactions: Kjbert
Also to the morons in chat mixing up Hernadez and Mena or TMac and Mix, if you dont even know our players or who is starting you are in no position to make statements like "Mix is trash yarharhar" Learn your shit first before you decide to show up.

Stop scapegoating someone like Mix because our coach is a overrated prick. He picks on Mix now because the Media and the fandom is on Poku's side so he had to backoff. Hes a bully and a schmuck plain and simple.

Last edited:
Mix hasn't played well. That being said, he is not a RM or a LM or anything but a central player.

Also to the morons in chat mixing up Hernadez and Mena or TMac and Mix, i you dont even know our players or who is starting you are in no position to make statements like "Mix is trash yarharhar" Learn your shit first before you decide to show up.

Stop scapegoating someone like Kreis because our coach is a overrated prick. He picks on Mix now because the Media and the fandom is on Poku's side so he had to backoff. Hes a bully and a schmuck plain and simple.
and he is not even a good coach, this team has gotten worst through out the year and he sucks as a talent evaluator.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gavin23
a8xazsKIPpbRc-8B2XHX5c7Dn5RyhBR71AMcDXwhSArG0j9h8PEdzWgJpzDStZrSrxJuURNowg6VnLt33g35D0yr2XufOjggqaF286BSvIGiP_za4icK9bDZwgDZ8m_6wqGbUCzKa3sji6RU-rya2jxAqoE_kU-o0KJctXQnhDvf5iD0_pm85g78kOYmYeAVsdT6R5Q7oDW-9M4mrfZXGtFRaA3U9_mpvhHrzC9drKRF3EuokaMkiqJo2oubHuRBInhxeSqG2qj5hXvFNeOJDn8wvv_rvnWpWb3BMx0_D_prNOu5N83SuyK_pKkILd9geA2AQ84XbtdYVwu9CX6kdqp3y5K9KpdQQuPaxEIlEFmO3zhpjlr_Ohs3Tzl3A_OY339BnQ08jD1iRQzs0pYn5QLyd8RkJOaEduyI1nqLKct2yuU1YgcyZc4giR0-H23l20nF2zTnMxG96IZPx6kdjHGyTVNiBd3T4zKbcXnWYCYrzUB3ioLMwMfyBazSNOxFShtxlpbBJPNldS6DqhSva1sIdHo2rokx1jmODHrvmZREHNm6-8d1lbADAA0iKuQsC9g3LLHQIZSTqOZUCvxCQrql39awcpRsfS47Rr2dGwEF3PoU8diOPoWyzQ=w1416-h679-l75-ft

I know that after a performance like that it is just sad to think about the playoffs, but no way are we playing are "kids" until we are actually mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. We still aren't out of it. It feels like we should be, but we aren't.

Most had penciled this in as a loss anyway

I think it is time to stop with the Mix experiments. He is one of the best players on our team and he's proven not to be a great wing player. He needs to take Jacobson's position next to Pirlo. If Jacobson was sitting back, destroying attacks, and really adding some grit to our midfield, I'd agree that we could use him in our midfield. The longer he plays next to Pirlo though, the more he moves forward and the less he plays D. He doesn't really impact a game in anyway for us anymore.

I also think Tommy Mac is losing his shine a little bit. When things are going well for us, he seems to be able to get into the right places at the right times, but when we are having trouble building the attack, he's had a rough go of it. This is two games in a row now that I can't think of many positive contributions from his play.

As for the positives, Frank really did look disappointed in our performance. Maybe he cares about a little more than a paycheck?

This was like a newly promoted team (be it one that spent a lot of money) going into Munich or Paris, or Barcelona or Madrid. This was always likely to happen. I'm more concerned with having dropped the point to Columbus than losing to what have for years been the class of the league. It's not worth spending time analyzing what went wrong in this one let's just move on to Columbus again. Montreal kept us on life support by losing to Philly. we need to go probably 6-2 and hope for Montreal to keep fucking up and we have a prayer still at the post season.

I also think Tommy Mac is losing his shine a little bit. When things are going well for us, he seems to be able to get into the right places at the right times, but when we are having trouble building the attack, he's had a rough go of it. This is two games in a row now that I can't think of many positive contributions from his play.

I think that corresponds to where we play. In YS, Tommy's physical limitations don't get exposed the way they do at a properly sized field and he looks like a better player

Reactions: mgarbowski
I guess it could be worse. We could be Chicago fans watch a gaming where Colorado scores in the first minute and then both teams cling to scorelessness for 89 more minutes as if their lives depended upon it.

And then I remember that we lost two and drew one against Chicago