Nycfc V Houston Motm & Post Game Discussion

Everyone killing Brovsky...you're funny. I know he's not that good...but the guy got in perfect position, laid his body out with a header...keeper makes a brilliant save. Then he gets up, busts ass down the field and blocks a shot on goal right in front of Saunders.

I'm just winding you up, mate. And if you did qualify it with live then fair enough.
However, as someone who sat through 5 years of Joey Barton, 3 years of Mario Balotelli and one infamous night in Munich featuring Carlos Tevez, I find Villa's laziness fairly vanilla.
I was born wound up. But the other thing is I don't take things personally.

I agree it's not the worst in history. But I mean damn. He only trains every third day. Just show up and bust your ass for 90. If nothing else, do it for the 25000 NYC supporters, the 6 figures you get for one game or the, here's a novel idea, sense of self-pride.

Someone should give him some lessons from DiMaggio.
"There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first or last time, I owe him my best."

"I'm just a ballplayer with one ambition, and that is to give all I've got to help my ball club win. I've never played any other way."

Everyone killing Brovsky...you're funny. I know he's not that good...but the guy got in perfect position, laid his body out with a header...keeper makes a brilliant save. Then he gets up, busts ass down the field and blocks a shot on goal right in front of Saunders.
Don't forget that sweet howler he hit on one of the sweetest crosses of the year in the entire league.

Hey, he got a 5 from me this game. Best score of the year for him.

I'm still apoplectic that Villa got a 7. For what????

Reactions: TabascoDiva
I understand the criticism of his reactions this time and others but not sure I understand the directly leading to a goal part. A bad pass by Wingert leads to a giveaway by Villa. He pouts. Ultimately the play ends with a corner kick. We all saw what happened on the corner kick. I didn't notice while watching in the stadium, and couldn't tell when watching on tv, but could he have broken up the play leading to the corner kick? Was he supposed to be in coverage on the corner kick and was not? Not challenging your conclusion just wondering if I missed something.
He could have easily stepped in when he lost the ball. He was right on top of the guy. Instead, he pouted and refused to take one step to make an easy foul that ends the breakaway.

Reactions: JayH
Dont think villa was very happy with his performance. Saw him after the match. He was last to leave and did not wear his matching nycfc suit. He was not smiling for fans while taking selfies and signing autographs. I did get a vibe of a frastrated man.20150530_224602.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
Dont think villa was very happy with his performance. Saw him after the match. He was last to leave and did not wear his matching nycfc suit. He was not smiling for fans while taking selfies and signing autographs. I did get a vibe of a frastrated man.View attachment 2649

Every time I see Villa pregame, during the game, postgame, he always has that face. I attribute it to resting bitch face rather than being on a poor performing team. He's not the kind of guy to smile. Now if Mix had that face when talking picture with a fan, especially that young, then something is wrong.

Last edited:
Don't forget that sweet howler he hit on one of the sweetest crosses of the year in the entire league.

Hey, he got a 5 from me this game. Best score of the year for him.

I'm still apoplectic that Villa got a 7. For what????
Personally, I get the feeling you're just generally harsh on you're ratings (or alternatively I'm overly generous). Brovsky was at least a 7 IMO (I gave him an 8). He was solid defensively, put in some great challenges and was an attacking outlet for most of the game. He was also very unfortunate to not end up with the winning goal.

As for Villa, scores always bump up by about 1 if the guy scores a goal, however easy or lucky. Plus he's the star man, so people will tend not to judge him subjectively. I gave him a 6.

Reactions: Gavin23
Wasn't it you that said you can't give Villa at 7 a few weeks ago because he didn't score a goal? Which strikers are supposed to do. So he scored a goal, which gave us a draw. This people rated him higher.

Wasn't it you that said you can't give Villa at 7 a few weeks ago because he didn't score a goal? Which strikers are supposed to do. So he scored a goal, which gave us a draw. This people rated him higher.
He missed a one on one, ffs. And this time, he hit a penalty he didn't earn. Don't be obtuse, Dan.

I really find it hand to criticize villa when fact of the matter is we shouldn't be drawing games right now. Not to mention winning. We're lucky to get a result period, mostly because of the coaching and decisions going into the make up of the team.

To his credit, he was the first and strongest opposition to the Frank move.

Very true. So the answer K Kjbert is somewhere around Christmas time.
Scrooge.jpg

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan YOu are certainly entitled to your opinion. Outside of you, I've probably been the biggest detractor of management year to date. But there's a fine line between being a negative nancy and being a critic. You're straddling right now.

Do you get any enjoyment whatsoever out of this team? I'm not liking our pace of play the first 70 minutes of the game or the managerial moves more or less, but I love the gameday experience so I keep going back.