NYCFC v Jacksonville Highlights

What is the point of their snapchat if they are just gonna post them warming up and then a picture at half time:neutral: at least try! Can't talk about Golazos and not post proof.

Second half players: Shelton, Okoli, Harrison, McNamara, Awuah, Loumia

Possible formation:

-----Harrison----Okoli-----Shelton-----
---------McNamara---Chanot--Awuah------
----------???-----???----???----Louima---------
----------------------?????-------------------

Last edited:
Second half players: Shelton, Okoli, Harrison, McNamara, Awuah

Possible formation:

-----Harrison----Okoli-----Shelton-----
---------???---McNamara--Awuah------
----------???-----???----???----???---------
----------------------?????-------------------

Our keepers and defense are really earning their keep tonight.

I hope our guys spend a fair amount of time signing and trading jerseys and such because this cannot be fun for the other side right now.
I played a game like this last fall and our opponents were in their early 20's, played in a different league every night of the week, and ran circles around us. If not for our keeper being a former D3 allamerican, we'd have given up a dozen. I've never wanted so badly for the ref to blow the whistle. Games like this just suck for the other team.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I agree, it'll be interesting to see how Chanot develops in that position over the course of preseason.

I still think we need to bring a CDM in (either Herrera or Badji). White will also get a lot of playing time as well if this switch continues.

I played a game like this last fall and our opponents were in their early 20's, played in a different league every night of the week, and ran circles around us. If not for our keeper being a former D3 allamerican, we'd have given up a dozen. I've never wanted so badly for the ref to blow the whistle. Games like this just suck for the other team.
It's also a once in a lifetime experience for these college players though, most of them will not turn pro.

It's one thing playing another college team during the season and getting blown out, it's a completely different experience if you're playing a pro team that has 2 legends on it. I'm sure they'll tell their kids about this game someday.

I hope our guys spend a fair amount of time signing and trading jerseys and such because this cannot be fun for the other side right now.

How many college soccer players can say they played against David Villa and Andrea Pirlo (and lost by a huge margin)?

They did at FGCU. But that game was also more publicized and they had multiple radio guys out there. Even ESPN deportes. But they probably signed for a couple hundred people.

Reactions: mgarbowski