Nycfc V Revs Motm And Post Game

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Very lackluster performance. Until we get the likes of Grabavoy/Ballouchy/Jacobsen and even Mac out of the starting lineup we will not play free flowing football. The game just seems to stop when they are in possession.

[voopl=2015-07-18][/voopl]

Im still sitting here wondering where the hype for Poku came from ? Only thing I can think of is after Khiry got injured , the hype beasts needed a new target. . . .

Reactions: doctorhoosier
Villa was clearly pulled own HARD in the box at the end of the match.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think we win that game 2-1 with 11 men and two Villa penalties at home. The officiating did us no favors.

Hernandez was terrible. Shockingly poor. I have to hope that Mena can come in and start for us.

Angelino was very strong in the first half but clearly has some conditioning work to do - wore down in a big way as the game went on.

As usual, I saw a few things I liked out of Mullins, but he's not starting quality yet. Ditto for Tommy Mac, although he's closer, IMO.

After being cornered into watching the Boston feed for that game, those announcers had my blood pressure soaring. There's your normal biased announcing, and then there's what I heard tonight.

New England is the MLS 1.0 dream. A relatively cheap and athletic team housed in a football stadium that hits you on the break with just enough technical skill to beat you on the dribble. They're honestly not a great team this year, but they've got quite a few guys who would play major minutes for us right now.

As much as we need Pirlo and #8, I think we need George John more.

Edit: Ditto to the turf comments. That had a serious, serious impact on that game. It's not a wonder they don't lose at home that often - they're built to play on that shitty field.

I'll keep saying it, Grabavoy and Ballouchy are the problem. They have no creativity and are bullied off the ball to easily. The make our defense look worse than it is because they lose the ball in bad positions.
Again, I can see how many people love Jacobson and maybe I'm delusional, but the fact that he's supposed to be a CDM and he constantly goes forward and gives the ball away, really pisses me off.

Again, I can see how many people love Jacobson and maybe I'm delusional, but the fact that he's supposed to be a CDM and he constantly goes forward and gives the ball away, really pisses me off.
It depends on what you're looking for out of a CDM. Jacobsen's skillset is more of a destroyer at times, but he tends to think that he's more Yaya Toure than Emre Can. He's not the right kind of CDM for this system, but he's the best we've got right now.

Reactions: Keith Putnam
Frustrating to watch. Where is the midfield?

Mullins and Mcnamera were encouraging - Villa didn't have a great game by any means but he drew enough attention to give others the chance, they just couldn't quite make it.

Can't believe that Mcnamera's last penalty shout wasn't given, but we were lucky not to be down 2 or 3 by then.

That really isn't the problem. Kreis wants his midfield to be fluid and versatile. Jacobson just has to be careful choosing when to make advancing runs

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFC914