Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc

Founding members bitching on Twitter about the t shirt makes no sense, sports organizations are a business. They can't just give away over 15,000 free shirts after they already have your business

Still waiting for the official Times Square "Welcome to New York" billboard!! Talk about a Pirlo party with a giant Pirlo on a billboard!

Founding members bitching on Twitter about the t shirt makes no sense, sports organizations are a business. They can't just give away over 15,000 free shirts after they already have your business

People always have to bitch. I'm fine with using my points, my problem is that I have 1,495 points... 5 fucking points shy!

People always have to bitch. I'm fine with using my points, my problem is that I have 1,495 points... 5 fucking points shy!
1,500 is way too many points... that being said I had enough and I used them haha

Reactions: Kjbert
I get that, but you could avoid this by advertising a giveaway for the first 2,000 fans who show up to Pirlo's first game. That's not a massive investment, you're still rewarding people who have been there from the beginning, and you encourage people to show up very early for a game that's going to draw major, major traffic.

That's a net win, IMO, and you can write off the shirts as part of your advertising budget.

Reactions: FCRU and Z4CH3B99
I get that, but you could avoid this by advertising a giveaway for the first 2,000 fans who show up to Pirlo's first game. That's not a massive investment, you're still rewarding people who have been there from the beginning, and you encourage people to show up very early for a game that's going to draw major, major traffic.

That's a net win, IMO, and you can write off the shirts as part of your advertising budget.
The point though is to capitalize on todays news while it's hot and get new people to commit to the club, not to get people to commit to coming early to one match. They are already rewarding people who have been there from the beginning by signing Pirlo!

CJPZAOYW8AALb-8.jpg

Not my image.

July 26

NYCFC have 2 World Cup Winners
Villa & Pirlo

Orlando has 1 (he was on the roster)
Kaka

Rest of MLS combined has 0

HIDE YOUR COACHES, HIDE YOUR STARS, EXPANSION CLUBS COMING UP IN HERE AND SIGNING EVERYBODY

Pirlo's interview was just spot on. You can feel his commitment and desire….he is not looking to cash a check. If we put together the right formation and are tactically sound, we can deff make a strong push to lift mls cup.

Reactions: Kjbert and NickA
July 26

NYCFC have 2 World Cup Winners
Villa & Pirlo

Orlando has 1 (he was on the roster)
Kaka

Rest of MLS combined has 0

HIDE YOUR COACHES, HIDE YOUR STARS, EXPANSION CLUBS COMING UP IN HERE AND SIGNING EVERYBODY
Blue York has:

2 world cup winners
3 Champions league Winners
3 (Potentially 4) active internationals

Not bad

we can deff make a strong push to lift mls cup
And away we go ...

For the record, (and for maybe the last time) it was around May 28 that someone posted here that the bookies had NYC as the favorite to land Pirlo. On May 30 I brought this to YS. It's been a long 5 1/2 weeks. I believe it will be worth it. Can't wait to see him on our pitch.

jr0Rw5K.jpg

Thanks to all on the forum for sharing this rollercoaster ride.