Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks BxLio91, please feel free to comment or add to the list I started!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that the recent talk of non-DP players based abroad has been spun off to a new thread, so if you think a couple of your posts have gone missing, that's probably where they are.

Last edited:
While I agree that Saunders isn't the goalie of destiny you can absolutely build a team around a 35 year old goalie.

Just imagine if Rimando or Buffon or Howard etc played for NYCFC.

While I agree that Saunders isn't the goalie of destiny you can absolutely build a team around a 35 year old goalie.

Just imagine if Rimando or Buffon or Howard etc played for NYCFC.

We agree then that you can build a strong spine around a top class older keeper and Saunders is not that keeper.

My point about his age was that it is a hindrance only because he is not a Howard or Freidel or Buffon (although the last two are past that threshold now—the former for obvious reasons, the latter due to persistent injury issues). Lower class keepers don't have the same career longevity at higher levels. And we require more over the long-term.

It will not happen now that Howard has signed an extension but I would love to see him at NYC. He would check every box. I am sure we can find the next Howard, though.

And I apologize for any strange grammatical elements to my posts, I haven't been sleeping much lately (new baby). Up right now on what we ironically refer to as sleep duty.

We agree then that you can build a strong spine around a top class older keeper and Saunders is not that keeper.

My point about his age was that it is a hindrance only because he is not a Howard or Freidel or Buffon (although the last two are past that threshold now—the former for obvious reasons, the latter due to persistent injury issues). Lower class keepers don't have the same career longevity at higher levels. And we require more over the long-term.

It will not happen now that Howard has signed an extension but I would love to see him at NYC. He would check every box. I am sure we can find the next Howard, though.

And I apologize for any strange grammatical elements to my posts, I haven't been sleeping much lately (new baby). Up right now on what we ironically refer to as sleep duty.

congrats on your new baby! he will be a huge NYCFC fan I´m sure! hehehe

Reactions: SebastianBlue

Congrats? How old? My girl was born Apr 20th. The day before the season ticket announcement. I think I have an identical paragraph somewhere lol.

SebastianBlue SebastianBlue I too am on baby duty. Had our first on June 6th. How old is your little guy/girl?

Congrats? How old? My girl was born Apr 20th. The day before the season ticket announcement. I think I have an identical paragraph somewhere lol.

Congratulations to you both! We should all have signatures in our posts explaining the deprivation-induced meandering nature of our thought process right now.

The little guy is just over three months old, born on my birthday (never liked celebrating mine so I now have an excuse to tell everyone to just celebrate my son's ;)).

I've already begun to passively groom him for my position—the world needs more center midfielders, though, hopefully he'll have two good knees and some pace.

I imagine he'll begin focusing on his professional career just after his first Nobel Prize in Economics. No pressure, of course, I'll be satisfied with just one.

Reactions: einwindir
Congratulations to you both! We should all have signatures in our posts explaining the deprivation-induced meandering nature of our thought process right now.

The little guy is just over three months old, born on my birthday (never liked celebrating mine so I now have an excuse to tell everyone to just celebrate my son's ;)).

I've already begun to passively groom him for my position—the world needs more center midfielders, though, hopefully he'll have two good knees and some pace.

I imagine he'll begin focusing on his professional career just after his first Nobel Prize in Economics. No pressure, of course, I'll be satisfied with just one.
I've told my wife numerous times that I'll always be supportive with what our girl wants to do. Whether it's playing for the USWNT, a concert violinist or a Doctor in the Earth Sciences. The choice is hers!

Reactions: SebastianBlue
Thank you both and congrats to you both. I look forward to sharing a beer with both of you on opening night as our children sleep around our chests in a baby bjorn.

I liked Saunders when he was at LA. He came up with some huge saves to help them win the title in 2011. Hopefully the rehab has helped him get over his alcoholism.

the MLS transfer window ends on August 6th. There are 20 days left to make a major announcement

the MLS transfer window ends on August 6th. There are 20 days left to make a major announcement

Free transfers can be made outside of transfer windows, though, or at least they can in most leagues. I am fairly confident the rule is the same for MLS, I'm pretty sure it's a FIFA directive.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.