Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be working very hard over the next couple of weeks to get it done, as both sides know that a strike would be terrible. They will be in desperation mode, and deals often are finalized in the 12th hour. As a season ticket holder who is addictively excited, I really hope they work it out, and there is a very good chance they will. Leaving that aside, either the league needs to make some concessions on the free agency issue for the long-term benefit of the league, or the players should indeed strike. Stay positive, my friend, that's all we can do!

Thanks for the info, you seem to be well up to speed with what is happening. Hopefully for all the fans it gets sorted before the season kicks off.

Reactions: JayH
I can't remember his name, but think he was Norwegian. You may be right there Magnus.

Markus Naglestad.

Also, NYCFCWatch's tweet is pretty unremarkable. Considering that according to MLS rules we have to loan four players to Wilmington, his comment is about as revelatory as me saying "This time in one month, NYCFC will have between zero and six points".

Markus Naglestad.

Also, NYCFCWatch's tweet is pretty unremarkable. Considering that according to MLS rules we have to loan four players to Wilmington, his comment is about as revelatory as me saying "This time in one month, NYCFC will have between zero and six points".

Why do we have to loan them? Also his comments are new to me. I don't know why your so dismissive of his post?

Reactions: USAfan6
Why do we have to loan them? Also his comments are new to me. I don't know why your so dismissive of his post?

It's part of the agreement between MLS and USL - if two clubs team up then the MLS team commits to loaning at least four players to their USL affiliate. The idea is that an affiliation between the two teams is supposed to serve to bring through young players and give them a chance to get game time where they might not be ready for it at MLS level. However, respect is, as they say, a two-way street and therefore to prevent the MLS teams from just treating their affiliates as and how they please, MLS requires them to give a minimum amount of players so that the USL team is definitely benefiting from the partnership and can't just be ignored if the MLS team decides that actually they're quite happy with who they've got this season thank you very much. On top of that, it forces MLS teams to work on bringing young players through and stops them from refusing to participate because they can't be bothered to commit their time to it.

As for why I was dismissive of the comment - I will admit that my words were somewhat curt, probably moreso than I should have been. I'm just well used to twitter personalities regarding football. NYCFCWatch's comments are what is known as fishing for hits - he probably knows something, but he's going to dangle the prospect of knowledge in front of people in order to rustle up a crowd before actually saying his piece. Lots of people do it - nothing really wrong with it (although some people, including myself, prefer to just be told the information straight up). I was just pointing out that he hasn't actually said any information yet which we didn't already know, except that he indicated that a striker would be loaned.

Guys. Di Rossi is not happening anytime soon.

The, "I would pass on Martin D so that we get Di Rossi" argument is not a valid argument right now. Come on.

Guys. Di Rossi is not happening anytime soon.

The, "I would pass on Martin D so that we get Di Rossi" argument is not a valid argument right now. Come on.
I think it's more or less "I would pass on Martin D because mid season defensive DPs rarely work out, and Demichelis isn't the type of player we should be looking for, regardless of whether we can get De Rossi or not"

I think it's more or less "I would pass on Martin D because mid season defensive DPs rarely work out, and Demichelis isn't the type of player we should be looking for, regardless of whether we can get De Rossi or not"
I'm strongly of the opinion that defensive DPs are less useful than at any other spot.

The US makes a ton of competent limited defenders. KC had Besler on a non-DP for a long while, and he's been one of the better MLS defenders for years.

If you're going to spend DP money, unless you're getting a guy like Kompany or Terry, there's no reason to do it on a defender. The quality of MLS defending is generally pretty poor, anyway, so you get more bang for your buck by picking up an attacker or midfielder.

The only way its worth spending a DP slot on a defender is if its someone who is a leader making the players around him better.

Reactions: Kjbert
De Rossi is the dream for most people (myself included) so we are also stating that we would like to keep the possibility open of being ablessing to pick him up.

But honestly the way the club has been spending they are only going for free transfers. That's what makes me think that a a player like Nigel De Jong who will be on a free transfer this summer would be a much more likely target

De Rossi is the dream for most people (myself included) so we are also stating that we would like to keep the possibility open of being ablessing to pick him up.

But honestly the way the club has been spending they are only going for free transfers. That's what makes me think that a a player like Nigel De Jong who will be on a free transfer this summer would be a much more likely target

Just curious since I read about De Rossi on here a lot. Are there any sources or substantiation to those rumors?

I agree with your point on the free transfer trend. Makes sense with the fee some of these guys command on transfer, not so plausible with a MLS team budget.

Just curious since I read about De Rossi on here a lot. Are there any sources or substantiation to those rumors?

I agree with your point on the free transfer trend. Makes sense with the fee some of these guys command on transfer, not so plausible with a MLS team budget.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/reports-daniele-interested-31111/

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...daniele-de-rossi-considering-new-york-city-fc

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...-interested-in-mls-move-nycfc-a-front-runner/

These are just a couple of many websites mentioning the possibility of DDR coming here. These just made us really excited

The British press are reporting that he's holding out for a transfer to Manchester United, though. Also, he was sold shortly before Soriano and Beguiristain came to MCFC.
True, but we all know how British tabloids sometimes will make something out of nothing. I was just saying there is a better chance of picking him up on a free than de rossi. If I was NYCFC he would at least have to be on my watch list

Status
Not open for further replies.