Official Seat Selection Discussion

I think a lot of people on this board are DRAMATICALLY overrating being in the front row. Front row can be great, but also can have trade offs.

From reading these complaints, you'd think there are no more than a couple of hundred good seats in the entire stadium, when in reality there will likely be plenty of great seats left at all price points on game days.
Very true. My main focus was aisle, and I got that. I ended up in 213 row 1. I wanted to be under cover from the 300 level, but I also prefer not having people in front of me. I may regret it, especially when it's raining, however aisle seat with nobody in front of me, but still elevated is why I went with my seats.

Reactions: jomosono
Very true. My main focus was aisle, and I got that. I ended up in 213 row 1. I wanted to be under cover from the 300 level, but I also prefer not having people in front of me. I may regret it, especially when it's raining, however aisle seat with nobody in front of me, but still elevated is why I went with my seats.

You are correct, I heavily considered seats in rows further back to get under the overhang, and still may add a pair later on, so on rainy days I'll be covered.

Sucks for you sure, but it's the only fair process I believe other than a lottery. I was a bit disappointed I ended up with like my 5th choice, but what can you do? Just gotta hope to move up the seniority over the coming years and be in a good spot when the stadium opens.
or hope the batters eye seats become available! ;)

Why is everyone so hot on the batters eye seats. Aren't they pretty much the same as 205?

How much % was needed in the initial payment if youre doing the payment plan?

It's 5 payments and you make the first one after you select your seats. I have 3 seats @ $391 each so I think I paid $150 this time. That includes the $30 deposit I put down on all the seats

Reactions: Kevin
Agreed about the first row thing, the view isn't that hot. You'll be missing plenty of the game, seeing play develop, etc. And there will be literally thousands of seats open during these games. I don't expect them to come close to selling out most matches. Not in the least bit. Those with later dates, don't worry you'll be more than fine.

Agreed about the first row thing, the view isn't that hot. You'll be missing plenty of the game, seeing play develop, etc. And there will be literally thousands of seats open during these games. I don't expect them to come close to selling out most matches. Not in the least bit. Those with later dates, don't worry you'll be more than fine.

Not if you're the first row of the 200 level. That's what I'm hoping for. I pick tomorrow morning...

Reactions: Tiger Jones
I dunno fellas, getting season tickets in the first row right on the field at any sporting event is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Sitting in the upper deck at Yankee stadium during a ballgame is nice because you can see the entire field, but there's nothing like sitting field level and having the players a few feet from you. Big difference.

I'm just hopping that when the real stadium is ready, I'll be able to get first row right on the field.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
Since I won't be picking my seats later (waiting on a friend, sadly), and my upgrade is tomorrow. Am I able to screenshot and show the available seats here?

Since I won't be picking my seats later (waiting on a friend, sadly), and my upgrade is tomorrow. Am I able to screenshot and show the available seats here?

You should be able to look at the map up until the time you actually pick your seats. I'm curious to see how it's filling out. If you could post some photos of various sections I think most of us would be interested.

I dunno fellas, getting season tickets in the first row right on the field at any sporting event is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Sitting in the upper deck at Yankee stadium during a ballgame is nice because you can see the entire field, but there's nothing like sitting field level and having the players a few feet from you. Big difference.

I'm just hopping that when the real stadium is ready, I'll be able to get first row right on the field.

Excatly, that was my final deciding thought, how often does the chance to lock down front row seats for a major pro team in NYC come along. I'm sure as far as seeing plays develop, 200's are the better option. There is a trade off. I can always sell or exchange tickets and move up top for some games if I want to, as front rows on the sidelines will always be in demand. Plus I would like my brother to bring my little Neice who plays youth soccer, and I remember my excitment as a kid when my big brother took me to a Jets game and we sat in his front row seats at Giants stadium, it will be my chance to return that favor to not only my Brother, but pass that excitment on to the next generation.

We are a tight knit fanbase, I am sure we can all help eachother out. my plan for my extra seats. is

Family-Free
Forum Members & Close Friends- My Price (Unless it is a ticket swap)
Friends and Friends of friends- Face Value
Everyone Else- Whatever StubHub's going rates are.

Not if you're the first row of the 200 level. That's what I'm hoping for. I pick tomorrow morning...
Something to keep in mind -- when you sit in the first row of a 200 level seat, you are likely going to have to lean forward to avoid looking through the railing. Not always the most comfortable way to spend two hours, and especially problematic if you're bringing young ones.

Excatly, that was my final deciding thought, how often does the chance to lock down front row seats for a major pro team in NYC come along. I'm sure as far as seeing plays develop, 200's are the better option. There is a trade off. I can always sell or exchange tickets and move up top for some games if I want to, as front rows on the sidelines will always be in demand. Plus I would like my brother to bring my little Neice who plays youth soccer, and I remember my excitment as a kid when my big brother took me to a Jets game and we sat in his front row seats at Giants stadium, it will be my chance to return that favor to not only my Brother, but pass that excitment on to the next generation.

We are a tight knit fanbase, I am sure we can all help eachother out. my plan for my extra seats. is

Family-Free
Forum Members & Close Friends- My Price (Unless it is a ticket swap)
Friends and Friends of friends- Face Value
Everyone Else- Whatever StubHub's going rates are.

Whatever game my Brother opts to make my Niece's first game, I intend on making it a memorable day, I am going to give her one of my Founding Member bags and inside will be one of the scarfs we will be getting from NYCFC for each seat, between that and sitting front row by the players, she should have a blast.

Whatever game my Brother opts to make my Niece's first game, I intend on making it a memorable day, I am going to give her one of my Founding Member bags and inside will be one of the scarfs we will be getting from NYCFC for each seat, between that and sitting front row by the players, she should have a blast.
I believe the scarves are only one per account, not seat.