Official Seat Selection Discussion

I'm sure there are but not everyone has replied to the which seat is yours thread. My section 14A is sold out and only 5 people replied

No one here is in my section, and it's sold out as well. My guess is a lot of these seats are being taken by corporations and folks with money to burn who aren't hardcore fans.

Just got done with my seat selection. There were a ton of seats in 233B (which is what I selected). I got 3rd row, first two seats on the aisle. I'm a big fan of the upper level corner for sports that utilize a uniform and long-ish field shape (hockey, football, soccer) as you are close to a goal but can still see the field.

Didn't see a lot of sold out sections so everyone should be able to get what they're looking for, except for maybe first row seats at field level.

Reactions: Krylon80
No one here is in my section, and it's sold out as well. My guess is a lot of these seats are being taken by corporations and folks with money to burn who aren't hardcore fans.

I wouldn't go that far. Most of the corporate seats are going to be suites and expensive seats.
Look at the forum, 800 members, not all of whom are active. The more active members have said where they're sitting but not everyone has. We sold at least 3500 accounts and only a tiny percentage of those have said where they're sitting on the forums. So I wouldn't say the majority of the sections sold out are due to corporate seats. Simply people that don't happen to post here. Would be nice to get more of them here.
I do encourage everyone to spread the word.

Just got done with my seat selection. There were a ton of seats in 233B (which is what I selected). I got 3rd row, first two seats on the aisle. I'm a big fan of the upper level corner for sports that utilize a uniform and long-ish field shape (hockey, football, soccer) as you are close to a goal but can still see the field.

100% agree with you, BK. this is good news as i'm shooting for similar seats!

I'm late to post as I have been busy with tax returns. Section 103. Row 13 (4th row up)

Finally got my seats today. Section 132, Row 17, seats 14 & 15. Can't wait until March!

I went with 103 Row 10 (actually first row) on the aisle adjacent to 104. The whole first row not being #1 thing is weird. lol

Saw earlier in the thread where you asked for a screenshot or an update on section 103, I selected yesterday and was told it was completely gone. I'll be next door in 104, 7 rows back and happy.

A side note to everyone in here who may be unhappy with their row or section, keep the faith. My family held season tickets to the Mets for years (we are gluttons for punishment), and every year more and more fans either had enough of the team or just couldn't swing it financially anymore and we would get offers from the team to improve our seats. We finally got to a good spot we were happy with and stuck it out there for a few years until it got too difficult to get rid of seats to games we didn't want to go to, and we all got sick of taking a bath on the ticket prices.

We found that the biggest leaps in seat locations came in the years when the stock market didnt do so well. You'll find companies and individuals who buy the seats to use as gifts for clients start to cut back expenses, and the team was good about offering those seats to current ticketholders looking to improve spots.

When you go to games, keep an eye out on the seats around you. If you see consistently empty seats that you might be interested in moving into, take note of where they are and call your ticket rep at the end of the season to let them know you might like to switch if the holder of those seats isnt interested in holding them any more. It helps the team out too by putting bodies into normally empty seats.

I'm sure the club is going to come up with some type of plan to avoid large swaths of prime and empty corporate seats, akin to what you find behind home plate at Yankees games.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
A side note to everyone in here who may be unhappy with their row or section, keep the faith. My family held season tickets to the Mets for years (we are gluttons for punishment), and every year more and more fans either had enough of the team or just couldn't swing it financially anymore and we would get offers from the team to improve our seats. We finally got to a good spot we were happy with and stuck it out there for a few years until it got too difficult to get rid of seats to games we didn't want to go to, and we all got sick of taking a bath on the ticket prices.

We found that the biggest leaps in seat locations came in the years when the stock market didnt do so well. You'll find companies and individuals who buy the seats to use as gifts for clients start to cut back expenses, and the team was good about offering those seats to current ticketholders looking to improve spots.

When you go to games, keep an eye out on the seats around you. If you see consistently empty seats that you might be interested in moving into, take note of where they are and call your ticket rep at the end of the season to let them know you might like to switch if the holder of those seats isnt interested in holding them any more. It helps the team out too by putting bodies into normally empty seats.

I'm sure the club is going to come up with some type of plan to avoid large swaths of prime and empty corporate seats, akin to what you find behind home plate at Yankees games.

Absolutely, and don't forget that once we actually move to a SSS there will be many more desirable seats and we'll all benefit from being on board from day one (or close to it).

We found that the biggest leaps in seat locations came in the years when the stock market didnt do so well. You'll find companies and individuals who buy the seats to use as gifts for clients start to cut back expenses, and the team was good about offering those seats to current ticket holders looking to improve spots.

As a Yankee season ticket holder, I can tell you they offer an in-stadium seat relocation event in the winter (for current ticket holders).

Basically, you and a guest get to walk around the stadium to see where you would like to move your seats. All the available seats are labeled with colored tags based on their availability. It's pretty cool as you are able to get an in person view of all the seating options. Also free food :D.

I asked the NYCFC rep if they would offer this while they were playing at YS and it was still unclear as it is way too soon.