Official Vent Thread

Through 3 days, multiple scent-based searches, garbage bag changes, etc, I have a random foul smell situation going on in my apartment. Wtf.

I have no plan to resolve this. Any ideas? Smells sort of like old eggs/sour milk/stanky garbage, but it isn't. At least that I can identify.

What the literal hell do I do? I know it's in the kitchen, but I can't pin it down. All surfaces have been wiped and sniffed.
Dead mouse behind the cabinets or in the wall. Not kidding.

Through 3 days, multiple scent-based searches, garbage bag changes, etc, I have a random foul smell situation going on in my apartment. Wtf.

I have no plan to resolve this. Any ideas? Smells sort of like old eggs/sour milk/stanky garbage, but it isn't. At least that I can identify.

What the literal hell do I do? I know it's in the kitchen, but I can't pin it down. All surfaces have been wiped and sniffed.

Dead mouse in a under-sink cupboard?

Edit: I've been scooped!

Reactions: Goodfella
They do indeed and rarely follow the accepted protocol of having the doorman announce their arrival.
Rude little fuckers.

My intention was to communicate that I don't think there are any spaces in the walls, really. I don't know. I lived in a walkup on first ave when I moved to NYC, and there were fucking meeses everywhere.

This would seem feasible, but I'm on the 6th floor of an elevator/doorman building. Do meeses come up that high?
Is there any major construction going on at an adjacent lot (new building) or is the street being dug up? Those are two of the main reasons mice will take hold in a new building - the construction disturbs their lives and they look for a calmer environment to piss people off.

Is there any major construction going on at an adjacent lot (new building) or is the street being dug up? Those are two of the main reasons mice will take hold in a new building - the construction disturbs their lives and they look for a calmer environment to piss people off.
Yes. There is. They are cutting out a water main and sawing up the street a block away.

I don't mean this as a joke... but a rotten / bad egg smell can be from a gas leak... they add that smell to the gas (which is otherwise odorless) so that you can smell it in case of a leak. Any chance of that?

I don't mean this as a joke... but a rotten / bad egg smell can be from a gas leak... they add that smell to the gas (which is otherwise odorless) so that you can smell it in case of a leak. Any chance of that?
Might explain the quality of recent posts ... :D

Reactions: Goodfella
Not that smell. I know what that is.

I think it's gone. Or I'm completely scentdeaf to it.

Why do we change word definitions in the name of adaptation when in reality, we're only excusing idiocy and ignorance?

There are fucking tales of destruction across millennia regarding what is going to happen to us. We whistle on the way to the societal and cultural gas chamber. Fucking stupid people kill me.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Why do we change word definitions in the name of adaptation when in reality, we're only excusing idiocy and ignorance?

There are fucking tales of destruction across millennia regarding what is going to happen to us. We whistle on the way to the societal and cultural gas chamber. Fucking stupid people kill me.
Ok, what are we doing about it?

Other vents: why does MLS mainstream media suckoff Bradley and Altidore so much?

What exactly does Altidore do that Dwyer doesn't do at least at least as well? And Dwyer doesn't have the therapist touch that Altidore does on the ball.

Mind, I don't think Dwyer is a lock NT quality player. But I'd take him over Altidore.

Calm down Midas. Relax.
giphy.gif

Be more laxadaisical.