Orlando Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Not happy at all. Horrible result. We played a B side riddled with injuries in the back and the midfield.
Can someone explain the subs? Or even excuse the subs?
I can't. I can't excuse the loss either.

Also did mix guess the subs?
image.png

I called for Shelton to get cut before the trash cross he got and did nothing with.... fucking cut that absolute garbage player

Reactions: Kjbert
Uninspiring all the way around.

The thing that struck me the most was how deep Maxi was playing. I expected him to stay up high near Villa to combine with him, but he was used much more like a second Pirlo with all midfielders rotating.

A lot of kinks to work out.

Eh. Game One of the season. We played far, far better than I was expecting - I was anticipating another flying-by-the-seats-of-our-pants rollercoaster like the 2015 opener, with far less possession and far more time played in our own half.

I know it's a loss but I'll take it for what I saw. I tend to stick to the mantra they use in the Premier League - "the league table isn't a valid judge of form and ability until 10 games in". We need to set ourselves up a little differently next game if I'm to see an improvement, though.

Hated the fact that Pirlo was so deep and Ring was high at the beginning of the game. Pirlo as the deepest lying midfielder is a recipe for disaster.

I get the disappointment, but a little bit better finishing from Ring, or Harrison, or even Khiry, and we get a better result. We had chances.

Upside:
Callens and Chanot look like a solid pair
Maxi's work rate is insane
Wallace looks good but reckless

Downside:
Mata is a lazy, shitty defender. (he's not that good, we should cash out while we're ahead)
No touches for Villa
Shelton has no vision
RJ is a waste of space
Pirlo looks old
Ring looks like a CAM that plays d 2 times a game when he gets angry

Trying not to over react but we lost to a team with a 3rd string back line and no Kaka for the majority of the game

Hated the fact that Pirlo was so deep and Ring was high at the beginning of the game. Pirlo as the deepest lying midfielder is a recipe for disaster.

I get the disappointment, but a little bit better finishing from Ring, or Harrison, or even Khiry, and we get a better result. We had chances.
Wish/piss full faster, etc.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
Fuck RJ
Fuck Shelton
Fuck Pirlo
Fuck everyone on this forum
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Chanot could have had a hat trick and drawn a red. But he didn't.

Mata plays defense worse than Brovsky.

Jack still is not an optimal winger. He works hard and will suffice but really hope he fixes that head down, beat four guys stuff. He's too good to play that way.

Maxi to Villa will be a thing eventually.

I think Orlando will just be the shitty team that always baffles us.

At least it's Sunday night and we can all look forward to work tomorrow. %^%}!!

We really need to remember that this is the first game of the season. For a first game of the season they looked good. Poor work from Matarrita on the goal, then we dominated the rest of the game. If we play like that and finish our chances we're going to be a top team in the league.

We really need to remember that this is the first game of the season. For a first game of the season they looked good. Poor work from Matarrita on the goal, then we dominated the rest of the game. If we play like that and finish our chances we're going to be a top team in the league.

Should have sold mata this summer and bought a LB and RB

Reactions: Kjbert