Orlando Postmatch

Yeah, but I think LeeNYCFC 's point still stands.

PV is whistling Dixie while his team burns, often times. Like I told you before the match, I just don't fucking get managers.
Yes. I'm reading it same as LeeNYCFC. I was responding to NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan who read it as PV seeing 2 games one with Pirlo and one without.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Yeah, but I think LeeNYCFC 's point still stands.

PV is whistling Dixie while his team burns, often times. Like I told you before the match, I just don't fucking get managers.

Sometimes managers play politics instead of focus on winning games. Benching Pirlo is a very bold move that is mostly politics, he should be benched, but the team still makes bank on his jersey sales so PV doesn't have the gravitas to bench him.

That's what I'm hoping anyway,

Reactions: Kjbert
Sometimes managers play politics instead of focus on winning games. Benching Pirlo is a very bold move that is mostly politics, he should be benched, but the team still makes bank on his jersey sales so PV doesn't have the gravitas to bench him.

That's what I'm hoping anyway,
I'm not sure why one would hope that. It's a bad choice either way: (A) PV is a fool, or (2), PV is not in charge of his own lineup.

On the soccer in the city podcast they talked about Camargo having trouble adjusting to living in New York City. He lives by himself in the city, while most of the other players live in Westchester. He doesn't speak the language well and Vieira doesn't want to put added pressure on him while he is struggling with his living arrangements
Are you kidding me?? For most people in NYC English IS their second language!! He should feel right at home! And I'm only half kidding......

That was a shitty game:

The ref sucked. Seriously, he called the game like he was bought. That reversal of the throw in was ridiculous since he was across the field and the asst Ref was right there. The disparity of cards. The number of calls that got a livid reaction from the crowd. The two hand balls in the box. Villa getting a phantom card. The number of dives Orlando took and drew a whistle. Just wasn't even close to being a fairly called game.

Pirlo was a non-factor and doesn't make a case for being out there. His distribution was no better than what the team was doing when he wasn't in. His defense was worse - Hererra won a ton of balls and has the height/mass to win aerial 50/50 challenges.

TMac is just not physically competent enough to be out there. Too slow to close down with the press, too slow tracking back, vertically challenged, and isn't able to worry the RB enough to keep him pinned back. In a professional league, being a nice guy with a high game IQ shouldn't be enough to get to the top of the pecking order.

The good:
Jack Harrison. He was playing like a man possessed. If only that rocket would've landed.... gave them fits every time he had the ball and was easily our most dangerous attacker.

Maxi looked really good today. He looked like the real DP compared to Pirlo. His free kick to Villa was so perfectly placed, and he was unlucky with his diving header and and that one shot.

Camargo & Herrera were impact subs & should both be starting and Stertzer served a purpose getting Pirlo off the field.

I'm not sure why one would hope that. It's a bad choice either way: (A) PV is a fool, or (2), PV is not in charge of his own lineup.

Because option 3, PV can't see what's in front of him is worse.

Because option 3, PV can't see what's in front of him is worse.
With any of those three, unfortunately the only solution to the problem is a long term injury to the player in question. I don't wish an injury on anybody, but I want my team to win by correctly using the available talent and sometimes somebody is/has to be the fall guy.

Maxi and Harrison were both excellent. Wallace is wasted at LB. I thought TMac and Pirlo both had decent games but agree that having them both on at once sacrifices too much athleticism. It's one or the other - or maybe neither. I've been a Pirlo defender and think he was good today, but at the same time I don't think there's any denying we looked better after he came off.

Piling on the pressure and chasing the game after a after a lackluster first half felt like 2015 all over again. Bendik was huge for Orlando. I admire Larin but also hate him - I felt he was working the ref all game and the forearm on Wallace's neck was bullshit. On the one hand, no ref in this or probably any league will ever call that so Wallace has to be better - on the other hand its tough to take after watching him fall all over the place.