Orlando Postmatch

Yes. I'm reading it same as LeeNYCFC. I was responding to NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan who read it as PV seeing 2 games one with Pirlo and one without.
My interpretation is that he will never put the blame on anyone and will dance around questions so as to not single out player performances. Unless those players aren't Villa or Pirlo.. Namely Pirlo.

On the positive side, we finally scored off a pirlo set piece

Moralez sent the ball into space for Villa.

NYCFC continue to be god awful at set pieces. How many did they have this game? 11, 12? Set pieces win football matches, folks. In the first half NYCFC were doing complicated set plays designed to get Ring a rip at the top of the box. Ring couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Their set pieces actually got better after Pirlo went off. At least then it was a ball into the box instead of a short corner with 4 passes designed to get it to "Golden Ball" Ring.

Frustrating game to say the least. Also kind of surprised we were only at 22k today. It looked pretty full to us.

Big thanks to JGarrettLieb JGarrettLieb for giving kylelovescrayons and I a taste of the high life in the Legends Seats. The bleachers will never feel the same... It also made the loss a LOT more enjoyable. Thanks, man!

Is your wife sufficiently aggrevated about not coming to the match?

Several other things:

-the team looked much better after Herrera came in for Pirlo. Pirlo didn't have his usual game today - no Pirlo shimmies, long diagonals, or balls over the top. I'm ready to see Herrera in a full game from the start.

-Orlando's two goals were exactly the same, get the ball wide and cross it for Larin. Did NYCFC not watch any tape? How the heck did Larin get matched up against Wallace? Why can't you tell your CB's to just make sure someone is marking Larin all the time?

-The ref was beyond awful...more has been said before, he let Orlando play an extremely physical game by not calling it even. You saw the frustration in NYCFC's game when you are getting called for in incredulous ticky tacky things.

-the game seemed so compact - you beat a 4-4-2 diamond by using the flanks. Didn't feel NYCFC did that adequately to break down ORL.

-let's give Ethan White some dap for his sliding tackle in the open field against Rivas - ball went out to the sideline. White is usually criticized, he had a pretty good game today.

-Where was Okoli? This game was screaming for a second forward, especially with Villa coming back into midfield, seems Villa is the playmaker more and more.

-22,000 in the stands - there is officially an attendance issue here. Beautiful weather, Sunday game...and yet only 4K more than the freezing Montreal match.

I havent posted in a while but I have still been reading the posts of you all constantly.

To me Orlando is one if the luckiest fucking teams and shittiest teams we continue to lose too. That saying it is better to be lucky then good, they personify that 100%. Also Jason fucking Kries is a damn good coach even though I hate him most out of anyone in that Orlando org.

You give me a good GK, a good CB, and a beast up top in Larin and they are the classic bunker down and counter team. Will Johnson in the middle is a fucking pest. Hate him but he fits right in with how they play. Two straight games we outplay this team and two straight games we cant finish and they get a couple things going their way and they take 6 points. Unbelievable.

Hsving said that, I told you guys last year, grt Pirlo out of this league, he adds NOTHING. Also, can we score a goal 1 out of 50 corner kicks, this is getting stupid.

I also said last year that Kreis would do really well in orlando, a very good coach and wait until next year and the year after when he really starts to mold this team. The man has a plan and he will be allowed to implement it with time from their owners. He is getting the most out of this team and frankly besides Larin, Bendik, and Spector, they are below avg.

Having said that, we need more urgency on offense, more urgency!!!!!! Pirlo needs to sit, but who replaces him? Thats the problem.

I didn't even notice, or care, until now but RJ Allen is the 2017 edition of Mix Diskerud. In fact, we didn't have any natural LB/RB in our 18. No Allen. No Gomez.

Wallace was trying to play 2 positions because Tommy is fucking pointless. I swear to fuck I don't ever want to hear another whisper of that bastard starting.

You're smoking. I wish I was good with video to show examples of WHY you're smoking. Mac was not he problem. He played well. This system met it's match yet again and Vieira was out coached. That simple.

Reactions: Jock
You're smoking. I wish I was good with video to show examples of WHY you're smoking. Mac was not he problem. He played well. This system met it's match yet again and Vieira was out coached. That simple.
He was absolutely one of the problems, and no isolated clips would change my opinion. The idea that you'd need to isolate positive contributions is why I don't rate him. He's fine when he gets the ball in the one area he's decent in. Otherwise, he's completely worthless. It's Pirlo redux, just another area.

Otherwise, agree about Vieira being out coached.

Watching the game at the 49' we have our fourth corner of the game. John Strong says that on the past 35 corners this season taken by Pirlo, we haven't scored.

Somehow Katie Witham (sideline report) mic goes on and she says "Which is so ridiculous." Don't know if that's in reference to Pirlo but it's hilarious listening to.

Villa - 7. Played a good game, not a great game. The goal was beautiful. Got no service. That's been an issue this year
Harrison - 8. Yes, he still puts his head down sometimes, but he is also the only difference maker week in, week out, not named Villa. Very exciting player having a terrific second season
McNamara - 4. Oof. Didn't track back well at all defensively and provided nothing going forward. His first touch was miserable. Thought he played better once he switched sides with Harrison.
Maxi - 6. I know people will attack this. I thought he was a 4 with Pirlo and an 8 without Pirlo. I've seen more from him going forward when he has a different player playing behind him.
Ring - 5. Didn't really do much today. Probably the most mediocre match he has played for us.
Pirlo - 4. The game opened up when he left the pitch.
Wallace - 5. Thought he was decent going forward and was better when he was further up the field later in the match. I thought his man marking and defense were horrid as a LB. We played much better with a back 3.
White - 7. Played really well today, even going forward. He is still a one footed player and is slow to distribute, but I thought he was our 3rd best player today
Callens - 6. Maybe his worst game in an NYCFC kit. Stepped up a couple of times to break up some counter attacks but wasn't terrific and was muscled out by Larin. Seemed to struggle a little in possession today as well
Chanot - 7. Chanot was his usual solid self. Nothing outstanding but was solid
Johnson - 7. Also struggled a little in possession - seemed to put the laces through the ball a lot more than usual. Had a couple of nice shot stops

Sterzer - 4. Did nothing in my eyes. That is probably the most MLS substitution PV has ever made. Probably told the guy get near the goal and see if someone makes a mistake
Herrera - 7. Dude can play. He can ping the ball across the field and he is a manchild. He WILL play in Europe at a high level. I don't know if he ever gets to the Man City, but he can play in Europe right now. He is your classic 6 in the modern era of football. Destroy defensively in midfield and be able to spray the ball around the field. Was more impactful than the guy he replaced and both Ring and Maxi played better once he came on
Camargo - n/a. Don't think we saw enough of him to give him a grade. I've liked what I've seen in flashes

Ugh. Well, that just fucking sucked. A fairly even game that we could have won if not for a couple of wonder saves.

Unfortunately, there were just too many players off the ball. A lot of people are praising Jack Harrison, but he was being marked 3 on 1 so often and so often when he checked inside, or dinked the ball away, it just ran away from him. Same with other players trying to play a blind pass, so often they just ended up with the opposition.

Poor attacking, a couple of defensive blunders and a lack of energy/cohesion lost us the game. As well as the ref being absolutely terrible. Lots of bad calls, for and against us.

Also, some days this playing out of the back is gonna kill us. There were two occasions today where we ended up giving up a throw in about six yards from the byline, from or own goal kick!!! It may be "pretty" and "the right way to play", but it's a complete bitch to watch some times. I thought Vieria said it would end up with us winning games 5-4, but I've yet to see the attacking cohesion he promised, just dozens of occasions of shooting ourselves in the foot from cunting around at the back.

Ugh. Well, that just fucking sucked. A fairly even game that we could have won if not for a couple of wonder saves.

Unfortunately, there were just too many players off the ball. A lot of people are praising Jack Harrison, but he was being marked 3 on 1 so often and so often when he checked inside, or dinked the ball away, it just ran away from him. Same with other players trying to play a blind pass, so often they just ended up with the opposition.

Poor attacking, a couple of defensive blunders and a lack of energy/cohesion lost us the game. As well as the ref being absolutely terrible. Lots of bad calls, for and against us.

Also, some days this playing out of the back is gonna kill us. There were two occasions today where we ended up giving up a throw in about six yards from the byline, from or own goal kick!!! It may be "pretty" and "the right way to play", but it's a complete bitch to watch some times. I thought Vieria said it would end up with us winning games 5-4, but I've yet to see the attacking cohesion he promised, just dozens of occasions of shooting ourselves in the foot from cunting around at the back.

If we don't play out of the back, how do you suggest we play? Were you here when Kreis played it up the M1 to Villa? By the end of the season, Villa was ready to quit.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
If we don't play out of the back, how do you suggest we play? Were you here when Kreis played it up the M1 to Villa? By the end of the season, Villa was ready to quit.
Of course I was. But you are allowed to ocasionally kick the ball long from your goal kicks to the midfield/forwards. Do you really love conceding a throw in six yards out from your own goal kick?

Reactions: Kjbert