Pirlo Said He Will Leave This Summer If Offered Bayern Assistant Job

Nowhere did he say he would quit early.

I know. That's what cracked me. Someone posts a broken quote and now the guy is classless and everyone is running him out of town. Plus in all honesty, if he left to help coach a monster club, why is that a problem? That means he's retiring. So no one can retire from playing now? It was a childish post to begin with.

Plus, is another striker really what we need?
We actually do need another forward to take some of the responsibility off of Villa's shoulders. If Villa gets hurt we're doomed. That's not to say a CB to replace Hernandez isn't top of the list, or a warm body to replace Saunders, but yes, we definitely need another competent forward.

Plus, is another striker really what we need?

We dont need a striker, but we can definitely use one on the team. Any striker, doesn't have to be a name. Mullins is garbage. I would just like to see a target man on the bench for when we need one.

I don't know. No one would have picked Iraola at CDM but it's been brilliant :)

True. I always felt he could be a poor man's Paul Pogba. Maybe he's more of a Christian Benteke type then. If he was a tad taller though.

Not a target man. Hates playing in the box. Awful in the air. Can hold up play, but not a traditional target man.

Not a traditional target man, no. But brings some strength and requires some defensive attention at least. I still think he could play recessed as a False 9 with Villa and Harrison on the wing pressing higher, but then I suppose we lose too much defensively with all three not doing much tracking back.

Honestly, I think Vieira (and Kreis) have been right not to start him. He shines in unorganized, individual play. That won't get us very far. I wouldn't blink anymore if he was transferred out.

Not a traditional target man, no. But brings some strength and requires some defensive attention at least. I still think he could play recessed as a False 9 with Villa and Harrison on the wing pressing higher, but then I suppose we lose too much defensively with all three not doing much tracking back.

Honestly, I think Vieira (and Kreis) have been right not to start him. He shines in unorganized, individual play. That won't get us very far. I wouldn't blink anymore if he was transferred out.
He'd be good in MLS 1.0 play. Not goign to help an organized team though

I tend to think Lampard could be a good False 9 at Yankee stadium. Maybe Poku could be his sub on the road. I think Poku could hold up play and/or at least keep the defense honest...but this would be a whole different approach for PV. It'll be interesting to see what he does tomorrow on the road. I think he'll go back to a more conventional 4-3-3.