Pitch side seating and semi-related stuff

two pitchside season tix? your job hiring?
In theory while it's a lot of money season tickets to the Yankees for that cost doesn't even get you the best seats in the UPPER DECK (Jim Beam Suites) on a season basis. Yes i get the fact that 81 games are played vs. 17 however if someone really loves something (considering your dedicating 17 days to going) and they are making 150K or so a year that's not a huge end of the world splurge... I have friends that pay 15K to obtain golf memberships on a yearly basis. Do they play more than 17 times yes but not more than 30...

In theory while it's a lot of money season tickets to the Yankees for that cost doesn't even get you the best seats in the UPPER DECK (Jim Beam Suites) on a season basis. Yes i get the fact that 81 games are played vs. 17 however if someone really loves something (considering your dedicating 17 days to going) and they are making 150K or so a year that's not a huge end of the world splurge... I have friends that pay 15K to obtain golf memberships on a yearly basis. Do they play more than 17 times yes but not more than 30...
That example is in a vacuum - many more variables to think about. And always best not to count others' money or their priorities for splurging. And regardless of how much somebody loves NYCFC, many aren't in a position to drop that much $ on tickets since most folk have mortgage payments, kids, student loans, car payments, etc and $150k is higher than the avg salary in NYC.

Reactions: Tiger Jones
That example is in a vacuum - many more variables to think about. And always best not to count others' money or their priorities for splurging. And regardless of how much somebody loves NYCFC, many aren't in a position to drop that much $ on tickets since most folk have mortgage payments, kids, student loans, car payments, etc and $150k is higher than the avg salary in NYC.

If someone is making $150k/year, that is roughly $80k net...aren't two pitch side tix about $15k? So you'd be spending like 20% of your take-home income on NYCFC tix?

Not to criticize anyone's spending priorities, and everyone's situation is different, but that seems like a pretty big leap to assume that "it's no big deal" to get pitch side tix with that sort of income level.

But hey, if that floats your boat, more power to you and enjoy it! Everyone decides their own $$ priorities and I think we all here believe supporting NYCFC is important, no matter how much of your disposable income you dedicate to it.

Reactions: SayWhat44 and Gene
Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. When people stood up it was implacted on the side by the road team benches.
not as bad but still impacted and changed from last year for ya which sucks

I didn't take any pictures of the match but I'll do my best for the next match. It's the normal check in procedure at the suite entrance but they give you a pitch side wristband and another wristband instead of the just the legends wristband. From there you have access to the Legends club, same as last year. There's a podium that says "Pitchside Check In" which is basically fan services people to walk you across the main concourse to the outfield to the Mohegan Sun Bar. There, they put tablecloths over the tables and have minimal food: a carving station, salad, and desert. To get to your seats you walk down further to right field to the door to monument park and walk down those steps. Walk through monument park, walk through the Yankees bullpen down the same steps Marino threw his final game at the stadium then onto the field. You either walk left to the visiting side or right to the NYCFC side.

The seats are custom made but on bleachers. The cup holders don't hold Poland spring water bottles but you can put them on the floor. I'm in the section right next to the NYCFC bench and you're right there next to them. When they train, they're right behind you. You see Vieira and hear Vieira call for substitutions, formation changes, everything. All the players turn around to the video screen when there's a replay. The view of the field is amazing and like a typical football stadium. The views on the corners opposite you on the bench side can be hard since you're blocked by the benches/other sections but still wow. Everyone will have a view like this (though not as close) when we get our own stadium.

All the seats had a "gift" on them which was a navy blue blanket with the NYCFC logo in the corner, nothing that special. Since it was a Sunday match the people were a mix, some fans, some families, some older, some younger. I'll see how this changes during the course of the year.

There was so much security though. From the door to monument park to my seats I was checked 4 times by security asking for my tickets and wristbands. Beyond that, there is just security near the players to protect them.

A ball came over to our section once, it bounced and I caught it. The Toronto player was calling for it but I held it until the ballboy came over and threw him his. I threw mine to the ball boy. Slow down the pace of play, keep that home field advantage.
That's actually a really good call holding the ball for the ballboy. If you would've tossed it to the Toronto player and hit him by accident Securitas would've ejected you. (referencing what happened to the kid in the first row behind the goal)

I didn't take any pictures of the match but I'll do my best for the next match. It's the normal check in procedure at the suite entrance but they give you a pitch side wristband and another wristband instead of the just the legends wristband. From there you have access to the Legends club, same as last year. There's a podium that says "Pitchside Check In" which is basically fan services people to walk you across the main concourse to the outfield to the Mohegan Sun Bar. There, they put tablecloths over the tables and have minimal food: a carving station, salad, and desert. To get to your seats you walk down further to right field to the door to monument park and walk down those steps. Walk through monument park, walk through the Yankees bullpen down the same steps Marino threw his final game at the stadium then onto the field. You either walk left to the visiting side or right to the NYCFC side.

The seats are custom made but on bleachers. The cup holders don't hold Poland spring water bottles but you can put them on the floor. I'm in the section right next to the NYCFC bench and you're right there next to them. When they train, they're right behind you. You see Vieira and hear Vieira call for substitutions, formation changes, everything. All the players turn around to the video screen when there's a replay. The view of the field is amazing and like a typical football stadium. The views on the corners opposite you on the bench side can be hard since you're blocked by the benches/other sections but still wow. Everyone will have a view like this (though not as close) when we get our own stadium.

All the seats had a "gift" on them which was a navy blue blanket with the NYCFC logo in the corner, nothing that special. Since it was a Sunday match the people were a mix, some fans, some families, some older, some younger. I'll see how this changes during the course of the year.

There was so much security though. From the door to monument park to my seats I was checked 4 times by security asking for my tickets and wristbands. Beyond that, there is just security near the players to protect them.

A ball came over to our section once, it bounced and I caught it. The Toronto player was calling for it but I held it until the ballboy came over and threw him his. I threw mine to the ball boy. Slow down the pace of play, keep that home field advantage.
We need to develop some hand signals to facilitate communication between you and the Batter's Eye.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Can you get a one off game? Just wondering as I'm planning to visit New York next year with my gf and definitely taking a game in but would love to try this out

Can you get a one off game? Just wondering as I'm planning to visit New York next year with my gf and definitely taking a game in but would love to try this out

You can try individual games to see if season ticket holders are reselling online.

Reactions: Shane1988
Thanks Lion, do you have a estimate how much these are per game, I guess I better get saving lol

The resell tickets in these sections are very limited. I haven't seen more than 4 per game and it's short notice that they're posted. The tickets next to mine are usually on resell. The guy puts them up for upwards of $500 per seat. The only other tickets I've seen resold are for $2,400+ each.