Poku Sold?

What are his sources, the airline manifest? Was a move made to another flight for him?

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm not trying to insult anyone here, but shouldn't we wait for an actual journalist to report something?

I'm just saying -- I'm sure this fan thinks he heard something, and maybe he did. But let's wait and allow a professional to report something. This would be big news for the club, and certainly one of the people who routinely cover the team will track this rumor down if there's any truth to it.

But if they were that serious about selling him, why did he play seven days ago, risking injury or somehow risking a transfer falling apart? I'm going to file this one under unlikely until someone reputable has it.

I'm not trying to insult anyone here, but shouldn't we wait for an actual journalist to report something?

I'm just saying -- I'm sure this fan thinks he heard something, and maybe he did. But let's wait and allow a professional to report something. This would be big news for the club, and certainly one of the people who routinely cover the team will track this rumor down if there's any truth to it.

But if they were that serious about selling him, why did he play seven days ago, risking injury or somehow risking a transfer falling apart? I'm going to file this one under unlikely until someone reputable has it.

Are you complaining about the Twitter tweeter or OP? Bc we should encourage posts like this if someone sees what could be news. And he also said he's not sure if the tweeter can be trusted. But thank you Snuff Snuff for making us aware.

Also I can't fault anyone for trying to give out information about the team (including the tweeter) based on the fact the team DOESN'T ever give out any real info until their hands are forced. We asked Ian Joy today about why Mic wasn't with the team and he gave a canned answer about it being hard to crack the starting 11 and wouldn't talk about it anymore. So if anyone sniffs what smells like news, I say share it. We can all take it with a grain of salt and then see if it pans out to be real.

Why did he play in the USOC? They wanted to rest other players and were limited in their international players they could use. Or maybe it was a showcase?

Are you complaining about the Twitter tweeter or OP? Bc we should encourage posts like this if someone sees what could be news. And he also said he's not sure if the tweeter can be trusted. But thank you Snuff Snuff for making us aware.

Also I can't fault anyone for trying to give out information about the team (including the tweeter) based on the fact the team DOESN'T ever give out any real info until their hands are forced. We asked Ian Joy today about why Mic wasn't with the team and he gave a canned answer about it being hard to crack the starting 11 and wouldn't talk about it anymore. So if anyone sniffs what smells like news, I say share it. We can all take it with a grain of salt and then see if it pans out to be real.

Why did he play in the USOC? They wanted to rest other players and were limited in their international players they could use. Or maybe it was a showcase?

I wasn't really criticizing the tweeter -- he's perfectly entitled to write what he hears. I'm just saying we should take it with an enormous grain of salt.

And yes, the team brings stuff like this on itself by being so secretive. It shouldn't be pulling teeth to get information out of them.

And I was referring to his subbing into last week's game, not the US Open Cup.

Sure the tweeter could be right. But he can also be completely wrong. MLS transfer or transfers in general are like schrödinger's cat. Poku is both staying with NYCFC and also leaving NYCFC. The first thing in this guy's twitter bio is NYCFC STH. I don't think a reputable source would list that as their first thing in a bio.

When I spoke to Claudio Reyna, Sporting Director of NYCFC he told me that both Eirik Johansen and Jack Harrison were working on getting green cards. That was four months ago. Now if I could speak to someone in the State Department, maybe we can get double confirmation on that.

He also tweeted thing which is just pure 100% complete fan speculation.

https://www.google.com/?client=safari#q=schrodinger's+cat

When I asked Claudio at the City in the Boroughs, Manhattan event if Mix is on the trading block, Claudio replied no, "he's just has to work his way into the starting 11 like every other player." He could have also said no and not be lying is Mix was transferred and not traded.

You hear shit all the time about this team. City is also completely secretive in its operations. I'll believe it when it's double confirmed.

But if Mix and Poku both leave this team then 3/5th of my customized jerseys will be no longer relevant. Only Harrison and Johansen (yes, I seriously bought one) will be NYCFC players. I have one more to customize that will be Mataritta. I should probably buy another home jersey just to be safe.

Reactions: Kjbert
Even if Mix is on the trading block, no way Reyna would tell a fan this at an NYCFC event.

What do you expect him to say: "yes, we are definitely trading Mix, just need to get the right offer. If you know any GMs or have any ideas let the club know."

No player is traded or sold until they are actually sold. Many times the GM saying "we have complete faith in XYZ" is translated as "he's as good as gone."

When I asked Claudio at the City in the Boroughs, Manhattan event if Mix is on the trading block, Claudio replied no, "he's just has to work his way into the starting 11 like every other player."

That's scary, because it's the exact quote Ian Joy gave when asked why Mix wasn't with the team. I think you were fed a company line. Reyna had no reason to tell you the truth, and I don't blame him for lying if they are trying to move him.

I've said this elsewhere. I like Mix a lot, but it might be the better thing for both sides if he were to move on. I have to think there is a Championship League team or League One team that would love to have him and where he will get real time, and if that comes to pass they will immediately become my 2nd favorite side.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
I've said this elsewhere. I like Mix a lot, but it might be the better thing for both sides if he were to move on. I have to think there is a Championship League team or League One team that would love to have him and where he will get real time, and if that comes to pass they will immediately become my 2nd favorite side.

Mix is far above League One and while he would definitely play in the championship I personally can't see him wanting to play second division soccer. He can easily move to a team in France, Portugal, Netherlands, etc and play first division.

During our game I remember hearing one of the announcers say that the transfer window opens back up in a few days so maybe we will hear more then

Mix is far above League One and while he would definitely play in the championship I personally can't see him wanting to play second division soccer. He can easily move to a team in France, Portugal, Netherlands, etc and play first division.

I meant League One in France, not the English 3rd Division.

This stuff does get confusing, especially when the numbers in the name don't match the level!

I meant League One in France, not the English 3rd Division.

This stuff does get confusing, especially when the numbers in the name don't match the level!
I was wondering...fyi, just spell it Ligue when you mean that one. Only way I know to handle it.

Reactions: adam
I've watched a lot of League One football (sadly), and can safely say that Mix would not look TOO out of place at that level. He's a solid Championship player imo.

This would sadden me if true, but also having a home in miami and being a huge dolphins fan, this would be the best case scenario of poku a transfer.

Poku leaving doesn't change much salary-wise, so hope it's a big transfer fee. Otherwise we're going to look pretty stupid for not trading him at the start of the season when he was still being touted as the next Yaya.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam