Premier League 16/17

You should get tickets. I don't think QPR sell out many times, not when they're in the Championship. It's a shame you aren't coming a week later or you could've tried to go to a League Cup game, which would've been midweek.

Chelsea v Liverpool is on the Friday during your week here, but honestly that one is far more likely to sell out, as you may have guessed.

If you're flying out late on the Saturday you could catch a Saturday match, but I wouldn't knock you for not wanting to risk it.

Reactions: Lasker
Before I go on a rant, I will say I am a big Bayern fan and did not totally enjoy the style of soccer brought in by Pep.

One of the things I wondered about with his strict diets and such was the possibility of that affecting the players' health, namely their strength over time. The past two seasons Bayern had health problems with many players getting injured around late February/early March time period. Having read that article as well, I'm curious to see what you guys and girls think: Is this "Lighter" diet a good thing for players, or does it end up hurting them, especially later on in the season. This could also be a reason in why Götze never got as much playing time after he came back from injury, maybe Pep thought he was too fat (he is a stockier player).

I, for one, believe that it may help the players to get "in shape" (if you play soccer professionally, I doubt you're "out of shape" often) but only helps the players in the short term. Energy and strength are needed, and in a league where the play is incredibly physical in comparison to other top leagues in the world, Pep may be shooting City in the foot by doing this. I think there is a very strong chance that MCFC will be doing decently well until January, when an injury bug may hit due to their salads only diet and lack of a winter break.

To note, I am not one to have decent knowledge of the human body, nor what is best for it when it comes to professional soccer diets. Just an insight into this.
Pep overcoaches. No pizza or any kind of food restriction is kind of silly. It's a good way to lose player respect and breed ill will. Especially if they don't do as well as they intend to do.

You should get tickets. I don't think QPR sell out many times, not when they're in the Championship. It's a shame you aren't coming a week later or you could've tried to go to a League Cup game, which would've been midweek.

Chelsea v Liverpool is on the Friday during your week here, but honestly that one is far more likely to sell out, as you may have guessed.

If you're flying out late on the Saturday you could catch a Saturday match, but I wouldn't knock you for not wanting to risk it.

Well now I'm really glad I asked, can't believe I didn't notice missed the Chelsea v Liverpool possibility!

The Geordies and Villa both off to losing starts in the championship. Anyone else interested in the lower leagues? does it warrant its own thread or just talk about all England on here ?

The Geordies and Villa both off to losing starts in the championship. Anyone else interested in the lower leagues? does it warrant its own thread or just talk about all England on here ?
I think you make another thread. It might not be that active but the discussion will just get lost in here and maybe confusing.

Not a top team but still in the Premier league so...

West Bromwich Albion sold to Chinese company http://mobile.wba.co.uk/news/articl...n-west-bromwich-albions-takeover-3226381.aspx

Also, West Brom lost their last two preseason games 1-2 to Torquay United of the National League (level 5 on the English football pyramid) and 0-1 to RCD Mallorca (from Spain's second division)

Before that they drew 0-0 against Plymouth Argyle from League Two.

Last season West Brom was last in the PL with only 102 shots on goal, and next to last with only 34 goals for.

It's going to be a loooooong season.
Again.

West Bromwich Albion sold to Chinese company http://mobile.wba.co.uk/news/articl...n-west-bromwich-albions-takeover-3226381.aspx

Also, West Brom lost their last two preseason games 1-2 to Torquay United of the National League (level 5 on the English football pyramid) and 0-1 to RCD Mallorca (from Spain's second division)

Last season West Brom was last in the PL with only 102 shots on goal, and next to last with only 34 goals for.

Again.

West Brom fan? UH OH I definitely prefer Wolves when it comes to the Black Country! :D Should be noted that Wolves and Aston Villa (Birmingham not in the Black country but so near that Villa and Birmingham would both consider Wolves and West Brom secondary rivals) have both also been bought up by Chinese investors. So China making it's move to be major players alongside the Sheiks , oligarchs, and American investors in carving up English football.

So was Barclays the only thing standing between the Premier League and butt ugly color choices and hideous design?

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 8.38.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 8.36.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 8.38.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 8.38.56 PM.png

Reactions: CatNYC and adam
So, what Americans are (or may be) playing in the Premier League this season?

Geoff Cameron - Stoke City
Emerson Hyndman - Bournemouth
Brad Guzan - Middlesborough (presumably)
DeAndre Yedlin - Tottenham, but may be loaned again to Sunderland or another side.
Cameron Carter-Vickers - Tottenham, but may be loaned.
Matt Miazga - Chelsea, but will presumably be loaned.
Gedion Zelalem - Arsenal, but will presumably be loaned.
Should add Lyndon Gooch at Sunderland. He's had short loans the last two years, and he may get loaned out again, but maybe he makes the senior squad.

Now need to scratch Miazga, who is apparently going to be loaned to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga. If he gets playing time, this can be a great chance to develop. He would spend time in back alongside fellow USMNT player Timmy Chandler.

The USA seem to have more players in the Bundesliga these days than the EPL - including those raised in the states.

My Hull City to win the EPL bet is looking promising.

TFW when you spend all day looking forward to your team kicking off the season the next day, you go to bed and wake up to see you had your dates mixed up.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC

Again.

Appreciate your respectful referencing of TUFCs modest standing! My hometown and I paid a nostalgic visit over the summer

Joe Hart starts the season on the bench for City.

And Toure doesn't even get a seat on the bench.

Joe Hart starts the season on the bench for City.

And Toure doesn't even get a seat on the bench.
Just shows that no matter how much leadership Hart brings, Pep refuses to succumb to the Fck-up type goals he commonly allows. Too bad the other CFG coaches don't share that attitude.