Rbny Reduces Available Tickets To 500

Bet they had a good laugh over that one in the MLS office.......

But i read ACB was not an official supporters group kinda rougue or something so in theory nothing could be "demanded".

still, i dont know if those bodes well or not, as mentioned before the prices are not that expensive and there is nothing to stop buying in regular sections. heck, this morning i got a call from RBNY saying : " hey we know you you bought your ticket last time nycfc came to RBA wanted to know if you are interested in coming again or buying GROUP tickets"

did anyone else get that call from them?

Reactions: Tiger Jones
.......heck, this morning i got a call from RBNY saying : " hey we know you you bought your ticket last time nycfc came to RBA wanted to know if you are interested in coming again or buying GROUP tickets"
Just curious, did you purchase through Ticketmaster or the Third Rail?

Interesting.......you can't come to the party NYCFC fans, because you don't know how to behave.......Who wants Group tickets?!?!

But i read ACB was not an official supporters group kinda rougue or something so in theory nothing could be "demanded".

still, i dont know if those bodes well or not, as mentioned before the prices are not that expensive and there is nothing to stop buying in regular sections. heck, this morning i got a call from RBNY saying : " hey we know you you bought your ticket last time nycfc came to RBA wanted to know if you are interested in coming again or buying GROUP tickets"

The fact that they know you went to the game is kinda creepy!

I love that RBNY has to call visiting team supporters to ask if they want to buy tickets.

It's downright pathetic that they can't fill RBA with their own fans!

Just curious, did you purchase through Ticketmaster or the Third Rail?

Interesting.......you can't come to the party NYCFC fans, because you don't know how to behave.......Who wants Group tickets?!?!

ticketmaster, but as you know they make you make a profile to purchase tix thats how they get your info.

Reactions: Gene
I hear you. That's the good thing about Caller ID. If I don't recognize the number, I don't pick up the phone.

Love me, love my Voice Mail"

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
I hear you. That's the good thing about Caller ID. If I don't recognize the number, I don't pick up the phone.

Love me, love my Voice Mail"
Lol, actually it was a voicemail, long ass voicemail.

the phone rang it said Newark NJ, im like i dont know anyone from there i aint picking it up.

Reactions: Gene
The complaints on both sides are focused on people throwing things, NYCFC fans throwing smoke bombs and other stuff on the field and RBNJ fans raining beer and other stuff down from the upper deck. Rather than limit access why don't they just put on up a big net like the ones behind home plate as base ball games in front of the away supporters section. If you do stupid stuff you get to watch the game through a super annoying net.

Again, (again) this doesn't limit access. It just means people are not segregated between home and away support. The "punishment" is that we have to pay double the cost of tickets and there will be giant security headaches on the day.

Speaking of children, one thing I was always taught is you don't punish kids because you're angry, or to prove you can, but to some end. This is like ripping up your tickets to Disneyland outside the gate cause the kid was misbehaving, then watching the kid go buy tickets him/herself. Really bad planning.

Unless, you know, there are other motives (suppressing a single loud section of away support, raising funds).

Finally, I bought tickets through StubHub last time. Were not cheap, but cheaper than TicketMaster. All the tickets had some guy named Rodriguez's names on them. So now RedBull have no way of figuring out the names of people who attended and were in which seat either.

Reactions: joe and LeeNYCFC
The complaints on both sides are focused on people throwing things, NYCFC fans throwing smoke bombs and other stuff on the field and RBNJ fans raining beer and other stuff down from the upper deck. Rather than limit access why don't they just put on up a big net like the ones behind home plate as base ball games in front of the away supporters section. If you do stupid stuff you get to watch the game through a super annoying net.

looks bad maybe? then the image of "family friendly atmosphere" MLS goes out the window if you do that. just a guess.

Have to wonder if we'll retaliate next year. Def the stories I've heard the Jersey supporters were no Angels at Yankee Stadium either. Burns me up a bit reading the Post article just talking about our bad behaviour at the first derby and nothing about their beer throwing antics etc.

The fact that they know you went to the game is kinda creepy!

I love that RBNY has to call visiting team supporters to ask if they want to buy tickets.

It's downright pathetic that they can't fill RBA with their own fans!
Pretty sure its one of those generic robocalls/spam messages that goes out to any group. We have all gone to sporting events before and get emails months afterward about buying tickets.

Also the split of Red Bull fans to NYCFC fans during the Mother's day game was about 85/15 or 90/10. The road supporters section was impressive but other than that just a sprinkling of NYCFC fans in the rest of the building. So I don't think they are worried about selling seats.

The Red Bulls called me as well a few weeks ago. He tried to sell me on a group package but I just bought tix in the supporters section. By the looks of it are we getting that whole section or just the top half of both?

As Fantazma mentioned, it has a lot to do with purchasing/sharing info with Ticketmaster than anything else. Surfing around I've seen posts by RBNY fans all pissed off because they're being contacted by NYCFC.

Although I haven't received any calls from Harrison, I've had at least 4 from NYCFC and one from Nassau County.

Reactions: TommyM