Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Ian Joy just said on SiriusXM that he believes the club is in talks with someone whose name has been mentioned "in the media" lately and who is under contract with another team.

Can he actually mean Deila? Is the MLS Transfers twitter account "the media?" Who else would he mean? Or does he know nothing and he's just talking for the sake of talking?

Last edited:
Ian Joy just said on SiriusXM that he believes the club is in talks with someone whose name has been mentioned "in the media" lately and who is under contract with another team.

Can he actually mean Deila? Is the MLS Transfers twitter account "the media?" Who else would he mean? Or does he know nothing and he's just talking for the sake of talking?

P A T R I C K V I E I R A
I S C O M I N G B A C K

in the media in relation to NYCFC? or other MLS teams?

Maybe Ulrich Ulrich should have taken that bet.

Without translating that article, are they using this Twitter user's report, or do they have their own reporting on this? If they have their own reporting, then it's interesting.

Reactions: Kjbert
You can easily mute people and you won’t see their posts

It's not *quite* that straightforward. I did this a couple of years ago after the person in question asked me not to reply to their posts anymore. Unbeknownst to me (until recently), they've been choosing to argue into the void with my posts regardless ever since!

Without translating that article, are they using this Twitter user's report, or do they have their own reporting on this? If they have their own reporting, then it's interesting.

i knew it .....when it came to my team these rumors are true.

Yes the tweet is being referenced but the news site "TV2" says that yes they can confirm negotiations are ongoing and that the agent nor the coach will speak on the matter ( based on google translate).

so it begins....

EDIT: also CFG knew about him since his Strømsgodset days as CFG bought players from that team in his time there. all according to google translate

Anyone currently under contract will be at least that involved or moreso with his current team.

true but i dont see it being his style to just drop it all and go, especially not river plate. i figure miami offered good money and good project ( maybe more cash than we would offer) and he didnt leave, he wont leave now.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I have a bad feeling it's Deila. I mean I know nothing about him, and if it is him I'll certainly give him a fair shot to win me over, but as of now I'd feel pretty disappointed by this hire

Seeing some Norwegian translated tweets of fans that mention what they want in a new coach should Deila leave (im assuming Deila didnt do):

• offensive entertaining style of play
  • Desire to use young players local and those "picked up elsewhere
  • good track record in "transition market" i assume is the transfer window
Feels bad man

Seeing some Norwegian translated tweets of fans that mention what they want in a new coach should Deila leave (im assuming Deila didnt do):

• offensive entertaining style of play
  • Desire to use young players local and those "picked up elsewhere
  • good track record in "transition market" meaning i assume means the transfer windows
Feels bad man
Here’s a good one—hoping NYC takes Delia as he’s “flopped.”